Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 09:31 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,293,835 times

Advertisements

Nigeria: Gunmen storm church, kill 6 as Boko Haram's 3-day ultimatum for Christians to leave expires - Jihad Watch

Quote:
Gunmen stormed a church in northern Nigeria Thursday and killed six people as they were praying, the pastor said, as an ultimatum from Islamists for Christians in the region to leave expired

The attack comes after a purported spokesman for Islamist group Boko Haram on Sunday issued a three-day ultimatum for Christians living in Nigeria's mainly Muslim north to leave the region.
Another cowardly attack by Islamic terrorists designed to promote ethnic[religious] cleansing. Meanwhile in this country everyone falls backwards over themselves worried about mythical Islamaphobia instead of dealing with the actual problem. Everytime an Islamic attack happens here our 'leaders' are more concerned about a potential backlash against Muslims than they are with dealing with the problem. Let's hope the leaders of Nigeria are more proactive in dealing with their problem. If not, their country will deteriorate into another Somolia. Oh, and for those who think "it's over there. It's not our problem" just remember that Nigeria is a major oil producer so evern if the tragady of senseless slaugher of innocents doesn't bother you, maybe concern about gas prices will. Priorities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 05:37 PM

24 posts, read 17,766 times
Nigeria has a total gun ban and gunpolicy.org states Nigeria's civilian gun possession rate is 1.6 per 100 people

That's about 1/3 the rate of the UK.
The USA has a gun possession rate of 88 per 100 and Mexico is about 15.
Chinas is around 4 per 100.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:08 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,761,037 times
Honestly, the "Christians" in Africa are no better.

Child Witches - Nigeria - YouTube

Africa is without a doubt the most embarrassing and pointlessly violent $h!thole on the planet. It's like that dumpy trailer park on the edge of town that we all avoid. Is there any way we can hide it, just in case aliens come visit?

Old 01-06-2012, 06:10 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,436,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post

Oh, and for those who think "it's over there. It's not our problem" just remember that Nigeria is a major oil producer so evern if the tragady of senseless slaugher of innocents doesn't bother you, maybe concern about gas prices will. Priorities.
Nobody will care as long as the oil flows and gas is cheap.

[that's the priority]

Old 01-06-2012, 07:14 PM

674 posts, read 697,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Africa is without a doubt the most embarrassing and pointlessly violent $h!thole on the planet. It's like that dumpy trailer park on the edge of town that we all avoid. Is there any way we can hide it, just in case aliens come visit?
Since Africa is so bad just leave us to ourselves and we should die out. Perhaps you can encourage all Westerners to leave and take their Christianity and Christian converts with them. You know...for when the aliens come.

I must add that it is hilarious that you should say this because Chango is the name of an African Orisha (God) in the Yoruba (Nigerian) traditional religion.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post
Since Africa is so bad just leave us to ourselves and we should die out. Perhaps you can encourage all Westerners to leave and take their Christianity and Christian converts with them. You know...for when the aliens come.

I must add that it is hilarious that you should say this because Chango is the name of an African Orisha (God) in the Yoruba (Nigerian) traditional religion.
Yet you are here, and an American citizen to boot?

//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...l#post22225481

Or are you voting illegally?

Sorry but the trend: "Smart Africans leave Africa as soon as possible" is undeniable.

Africa is the cradle of humanity and former home of several of the most advanced human civilizations of antiquity but that was then.

Today, if the world was America, Africa would be Detroit. Corruption, ignorance, greed and bloodlust have completely ruined that entire continent and Africa is now the symbol for humanity at it's worst. I don't mean to say native Africans are entirely to blame; European Colonialism put the continent firmly on the road to ruin after all, but the end result is something every human being should feel ashamed of.

...And Chango is an annoying nickname I picked up while living in the Amazon, another of Earths' most wonderful examples of human avarice and stupidity. It means "monkey".

Old 01-06-2012, 07:28 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,253,323 times
so much for the religion of love, wasn't it last week an OP was lecturing me on the call to murder jews and christians in the Quran chapter 9 section 2 repentenace (al-tawbah). how did he say it? huck u r obviously reading a bad translation of Quran, islam is the religion of peace and love.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Yet you are here, and an American citizen to boot?

//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...l#post22225481

Or are you voting illegally?

Sorry but the trend: "Smart Africans leave Africa as soon as possible" is undeniable.

Africa is the cradle of humanity and former home of several of the most advanced human civilizations of antiquity but that was then.

If the world was America, Africa would be Detroit. Corruption, ignorance, greed and bloodlust have completely ruined that entire continent. Africa is now the symbol for humanity at it's worst.
I came with my parents when I was 13. My parents chose to leave because my father is a professor of African studies and was asked to take a great job at a prestigious school. I became a citizen automatically because I turned 18 after my mother earned citizenship. I am here until my daughter is of school age because I intend for her to be educated and grow up at home....in the hellhole. In the meantime I do what most West Africans do and that is use the great economic opportunities here to make as much as possible so that I can send it home to others in my family.

And don't worry...there are no smart Africans. That hellhole can't produce any. So again I ask you to let it be as just let us die off....so that when the aliens get here you can pretend that we never existed. And thank you for your honesty. My parents taught me how Americans feel about us and I will make sure my daughter knows as well.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post
I came with my parents when I was 13. My parents chose to leave because my father is a professor of African studies and was asked to take a great job at a prestigious school. I became a citizen automatically because I turned 18 after my mother earned citizenship. I am here until my daughter is of school age because I intend for her to be educated and grow up at home....in the hellhole. In the meantime I do what most West Africans do and that is use the great economic opportunities here to make as much as possible so that I can send it home to others in my family.

And don't worry...there are no smart Africans. That hellhole can't produce any. So again I ask you to let it be as just let us die off....so that when the aliens get here you can pretend that we never existed. And thank you for your honesty. My parents taught me how Americans feel about us and I will make sure my daughter knows as well.
Sounds like you are more American than West African. With a few million or so more people like you, maybe the place can be turned around eventually.

Until then, we'll wait with bated breath for stuff like this to stop gracing our daily newspapers:

Christianity A Loving Faith...? (Use Caution, Very explicit) - YouTube

Mugabe ordered genocide of his own citizens - YouTube

Man Killed By A Mob (this is not easy to view) - YouTube

Save Darfur...Now - YouTube

Crime in South Africa - YouTube

EAT DA POO POO - YouTube

African albinos killed for body organs - 23 Jul 09 - YouTube

female genital mutilation video 0001 - YouTube

And that's just what I found in 5 minutes of searching...

Old 01-06-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Sounds like you are more American than West African. With a few million or so more people like you, maybe the place can be turned around eventually.

Until then, we'll wait with bated breath for stuff like this to stop gracing our daily newspapers:
New York is like no place else in the U.S. and after living in New York, Connecticut, and California I know I'm much more West African than American. I grew up in the Bronx, New York which has a huge Ghanaian population. I am thoroughly Ghanaian and frankly there are many people in Ghana who are more American than I am because they live to mimic the American culture that has been marketed to them through music and movies whereas my father made sure I was a model of tradition.

Africa will turn around. Everything is cyclic. In the meantime, despite the violence, we still have the world's fastest growing population.

WOA!! World Ovepopulation Awareness

I have to say that in Ghana I was taught that the American continent consists of Canada, the U.S., Mexico, and every other central and Southern American country. We don't see North and South America as separate. Taken as a whole I could generalize and say that the continent of "America" is a hellhole but given that I live in New York I know that even though the news is always bad people have pretty good day to day lives in some parts of "America." I'm sure visitors to Ghana have come to a similar conclusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies