Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2012, 03:33 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,072,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
They didn't have to rule her one since all children born in a country (the U.S.) of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also prior to the 14th Amendment, except for slaves.
Your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
This is how it starts...
Sadly for Birthers, it is also precisely where it ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent
If the Constitution were entirely based on English common law, we wouldn't need an Amendment nearly 100 years later to state the above.
"Slavery." Look it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent
IIf the states had already mirrored that in their laws, we wouldn't need an Amendment nearly 100 years later to state the above.
"Slavery." Look it up.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:35 PM

1,482 posts, read 2,383,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
No... only its confirmation must be applied for. The citizenship already exists as made clear in the very first sentence of the page you have linked to.

Exactly like every other country on the planet that grants jus sanguinis citizenship; to include the United States, Italy, Poland and the UK.

I know that in Spain the conformation must be made before the age of 28 years and I think it is the same in most Western Countries. My daughter had this experience so I know that unless the law has changed in the past 3 years it is still in vigor. Anyone have any information on conformation in the EU etc?

Old 01-16-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom9 View Post
I know that in Spain the conformation must be made before the age of 28 years and I think it is the same in most Western Countries. My daughter had this experience so I know that unless the law has changed in the past 3 years it is still in vigor. Anyone have any information on conformation in the EU etc?
There is no age limit for Italy.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:41 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,586 times
Quote:
No, it isn't. The OFA website declaration is the first time the DNC publicly admitted that candidate Obama was born subject to the jurisdiction of a foreign sovereign.
I asked you for what you believe to be the basis of Obama's ineligibility for office. You said he's ineligible for office because his father was not a US citizen. That has been public knowledge since at least 2004. If you believe that the reason Obama is ineligible for office is his non-citizen parent, then that "website declaration" is absolutely meaningless. He'd be ineligible for office either way.

Really, the reason you're going on with this ridiculous parsing of a parsing is that you're trying so hard to avoid answering the question I've now put to you twice, aren't you?

Why is the virtual consensus of the legal community not speaking out about this greatest constitutional crisis of our time? Are they all ignorant, or all they all conspiring to keep silent?

Old 01-16-2012, 03:42 PM

88,977 posts, read 44,788,307 times
Quote:
So does British law.

UK Border Agency | If you were born outside the United Kingdom or a qualifying territory
(Includes extensive application instructions)
I followed the instructions through the linked forms using Obama's info, and no citizenship application form was necessary. They sent me instead to a Visa application form. Visas are granted to those who are already considered to be citizens.

Quote:
Here again we catch you in a bald faced lie.
False.
Quote:
In 1981, Obama was 20 years old, and so could not be covered under this provision.
Read the BNA of 1948. Obama was automatically a British citizen at birth. No application necessary.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
They didn't have to rule her one since all children born in a country (the U.S.) of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also prior to the 14th Amendment, except for slaves.
Correct. Minor qualified as a natural born citizen, verified by SCOTUS via their definition of Constitutional natural born citizen.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:48 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,436,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
It took him a long time to release his birth certificate;
the COLB was released in 2008. it was supported be statements from the hawaiian DOH, birth index and contemporaneous newspaper announcements.

Quote:
long enough to have one made? Perhaps. I don't know.
from my own experience as a graphic artist it wouldn't take longer than an extended lunch hour to forge a document. what i couldn't forge would be the statements from the DOH, the birth index, the newspaper accounts and a 1967 state department investigation that mentions obama, his age and his citizenship ( lolo soetoro's visa extention request ).

Quote:
Also there is no record of his mother at the hospital where he was supposedly born.
we don't know if there is or isn't. by hawaiian privacy laws hospitals are forbidden to release such records to third parties. most likely there are no records. all states only require hospitals to maintain ob/gyn records for a few years after the child turns 18. the longest i've found is 7years.

Quote:
Again, I am not a birther, just cautious.
and i respect that so i would like to address any concerns you have honestly and civilly.

Quote:
And again, it doesn't really matter now, does it?:
as far as obama is concerned, no, it doesn't. but part of my interest in the subject is following a conspiracy theory from it's inception and how the internet can foster such a belief. for that aspect this reaches far beyond just obama.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
No... only its confirmation must be applied for. The citizenship already exists as made clear in the very first sentence of the page you have linked to.
You must not have read it very well. Official confirmation must be made regarding Polish citizenship.

Here's the application form:
http://www.washington.polemb.net/fil...%20osobowy.doc

Old 01-16-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
You must not have read it very well. Official confirmation must be made regarding Polish citizenship.
Exactly like every other nation on the planet that grants jus sanguinis citizenship.

To include the UK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies