Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 12:03 AM

20,335 posts, read 19,925,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
so he resigns but according to CNN he will get his $130,000 a year pension for life along with healthcare. I need to run for Congress!
I'd take 1/2 that amount as a pension and I promise, no lookin' for love or rump wranglin' in any public restroom. Sick!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 12:09 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
Glad he's gone.. I hope he moves out of idaho.. he's a joke...
The only way the GOP can come to terms with things is.. they need to distance themselves from religious issues.. and stick to a core belief that is actually logical with the law. Stick to pro-gun.. big business... low taxes.. small government.. states rights.. whatever.. just stay away from religion...cuz if hell wont roast you... your hypocritical actions will roast u on the late night talk show circuit....not to mention the prime time news...
telling people they're going to "hell"... by someone who is going to "hell" themselves.. just doesn't go over well with most of us... lol

Old 09-05-2007, 07:29 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,780 times
He's baaaack. In this morning's news he has decided to continue to fight the "oppression". Hopefully he will fight on right up to election time.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:43 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
He's baaaack. In this morning's news he has decided to continue to fight the "oppression". Hopefully he will fight on right up to election time.
Did you hear the leaked voicemail message he accidentally left on the wrong person's phone?

He needs to just pick up his ball and go home. Nobody will ever take him seriously on any of his high horse moralizing crap ever again.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:12 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,256,191 times
Craig is the gift that keeps on giving to the dems. My guess is that he's going to get even with all the repubs that threw him overboard like rats deserting the sinking ship.
Here's the message he left on the wrong recorder:
http://www.salon.com/opinion/walsh/p...aig/print.html

Suddenly on cable news they're parsing Craig's Saturday "resignation." CNN's Jeffrey Toobin is admitting he didn't notice that Craig merely announced his "intent" to resign that morning. (I didn't either.) Roll Call has printed a transcript of a voice mail Craig left Saturday morning, reportedly for his attorney Billy Martin (but he actually got a wrong number):

"Yes, Billy, this is Larry Craig calling. You can reach me on my cell. Arlen Specter is now willing to come out in my defense, arguing that it appears by all that he knows that I have been railroaded and all that.

"Having all of that, we have reshaped my statement a little bit to say it is my intent to resign on Sept. 30. I think it is important for you to make as bold a statement as you are comfortable with this afternoon, and I would hope you could make it in front of the cameras.

"I think it would help drive the story that I'm willing to fight, that I've got quality people out there fighting in my defense, and that this thing could take a new turn or a new shape, it has that potential. Anyway, give me a buzz or give Mike a buzz on that. We're headed to my press conference now.

"Thank you. Bye."

Indeed, Specter came out over the weekend in Craig's defense, while Martin is telling reporters that "very serious constitutional questions" had been raised by Craig's men's room arrest, and that the senator "has the right to pursue any and all legal remedies available as he begins the process of trying to clear his good name."

Old 09-05-2007, 10:47 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
This is too funny! It really is the gift that just keeps giving!

Old 09-05-2007, 11:59 AM

592 posts, read 2,810,000 times
Its a real shame that the GOP hate groups cannot realize or even recognize fact from fiction. The GOP is imploding? What? Everyone I know, both sides of the isle, basically feel the same way I do. Craig is an immoral idiot without moral character. The shame lies with all politicos that stand on their milk boxes yelling their opinion for votes and carry on their escapades with full expectation they can do anything, anyplace they want. If anyone would have listed to his original speech when he said it was his intent to retire at the end of the month, one would have instantly realized he had no intention of voluntarily leaving office and of course, now he's got a lawyer and an aide putting things on hold. I don't know about you all, but I still believe if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it is a duck. I have faith in fair play and hope he does challenge the charges the he already plead guilty to and all his little secrets come to light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies