Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 07:03 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheist Liberal View Post
That's what all of the voter ID laws are for. They don't want the blacks from winning Obama another 4 years.
The GOP can try to surpress votes by minorities all they want but what they failed to realize is that the vast majority of the Electorate who voted for President Obama in 2008 where "white"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 07:03 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,833,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
I get the feeling from Republicans that they would rather black people not vote, than to vote for Democrats. Am I wrong to believe that? They always want to mention how the Democrats keep us on the plantation, but they never give a reason as to why we should vote republican. That is just my opinion, what do ya'll think?
You know .. This is NOT the first time that this subject has been discussed on this forum.

I am pretty sure that YOU were one of the posters who participated!?

I destroyed this and every other so called "Republicans Are Bad and want to Deny us 'negros' .. blah, blah, blah talking points in just about every one of those threads!

Try doing a search!
(Better yet .. Go look through some of your own past postings)

Again .. Another (let me guess) Democrat brings up the RACE card!

Old 03-10-2012, 08:27 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,883,903 times
How damn difficult is it to get proper ID? We don't need idiots voting.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:43 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,449,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
How damn difficult is it to get proper ID? We don't need idiots voting.

As long as it's free, right?

Old 03-10-2012, 08:44 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,231,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Doubtful, where I come from a voter has to sign a form at the polls and a poll worker compares the signature with one they have on file.

Wouldn't work if people are doing their job unless there's a larger conspiracy.
Really? I haven't missed voting in a general election in 45 years and don't remember ever signing anything. Maybe it's a state-by-state thing. Or maybe I just sign my name and never think about it. I also live in a fairly small city and always know someone at the precinct table, so I couldn't get away with anything there.

I'm not one to believe in most of these "conspiracy" theories, but I believe there's plenty of proof out there that "dead people" are voting. I don't think it's anything new. I remember studying about Chicago's voting fraud when I was in junior high in the late 50s.

I really don't understand why ID's shouldn't be required to vote. Hell, we require them to buy a beer or pack of cigarettes. What's really more important? Voting or buying a pack of Camels?

Old 03-10-2012, 09:05 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
I get the feeling from Republicans that they would rather black people not vote, than to vote for Democrats. Am I wrong to believe that? They always want to mention how the Democrats keep us on the plantation, but they never give a reason as to why we should vote republican. That is just my opinion, what do ya'll think?
I am a conservative.

I don't want a large segment of the population feeling disenfranchised and pissed off. This nation has opportunity for all. But success requires effort on our part. Each of us as individuals must do our part.

What I want is for everyone to take advantage of the opportunities we have and chase after the American dream.

Use the schools that are provided and learn as much as you can.

Give yourself credit for your own abilities.

Work, save, invest, and own a part of this nation.

Vote for the candidate that gets out of your way and lets you be in control of your own destiny.

Please don't vote for the politicians that want to be your overlord.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:22 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,449,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Really? I haven't missed voting in a general election in 45 years and don't remember ever signing anything. Maybe it's a state-by-state thing. Or maybe I just sign my name and never think about it. I also live in a fairly small city and always know someone at the precinct table, so I couldn't get away with anything there.

I'm not one to believe in most of these "conspiracy" theories, but I believe there's plenty of proof out there that "dead people" are voting. I don't think it's anything new. I remember studying about Chicago's voting fraud when I was in junior high in the late 50s.

I really don't understand why ID's shouldn't be required to vote. Hell, we require them to buy a beer or pack of cigarettes. What's really more important? Voting or buying a pack of Camels?

OMG, if (most?) states don't do it that way, no wonder dead people are getting ballots!

In Michigan, voters walk into the polling place and get a piece of printed paper about the size of a 3 x 5 card, where they write their name and address and then sign it. They hand it with ID to a poll worker (there should be several seated at a long table, often assigned specific name blocks (A-D, E-K, etc). This poll worker checks your name and address against a printed list and the name on the list is crossed out as having voted. Signature is checked against a copy of your signature on file at the polls (e.g. copy of sig on your voter registration form) and your ID for good measure. Your sign-in paper gets passed down to an adjacent poll worker and makes its way to the worker who ultimately gives you a ballot.

I'm wondering how many dead people voting comes from inattentive poll workers not doing a proper job, how much is due to a larger conspiracy (certainly an individual could collude with an election worker or official to obtain a fraudulent ballot), or what else might be going on.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:39 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,415,918 times
I'd rather have black voters legally vote for a democrat than not vote at all.

Voter ID laws are important. Anyone who things they aren't is deluded. There are thugs in both parties who will cheat the system given the opportunity.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:15 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
How exactly do dead people vote? They go to the polls and someone gives them a ballot?
Dems walk into polling places and pose as the deceased and vote. They have it down to an art form in Cook county.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:49 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,833,765 times
The First Blacks In Congress Were All Republicans

Hiram Rhodes Revels of Mississippi was the first black elected as a United States senator,
serving from 1870-1871 as a Republican.

Revels completed the unfinished term of Jefferson
Davis who was the former president of the confederacy.

He was followed in the Senate by
Republican Blanche K. Bruce, also of Mississippi.

Republican Joseph Rainey of South Carolina was the first black to enter the House of Representatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies