U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 12:37 PM

3,418 posts, read 2,771,659 times

Advertisements

I get the feeling from Republicans that they would rather black people not vote, than to vote for Democrats. Am I wrong to believe that? They always want to mention how the Democrats keep us on the plantation, but they never give a reason as to why we should vote republican. That is just my opinion, what do ya'll think?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 12:41 PM

21,491 posts, read 11,051,061 times
Does everyone use a wide brush these days?

Old 01-07-2012, 12:52 PM

371 posts, read 405,319 times
A Google search of "voter suppression" yields dozens of news articles about the GOP trying to prevent voters in certain areas from casting ballots. This speaks volumes.

Here is just one example:

Quote:
When the U.S. Justice Department last week blocked South Carolina's new voter ID law because of possible discrimination against minorities, attention quickly focused on Texas, which passed similar legislation this year.
In rejecting South Carolina's law, the Justice Department used the state's own data to show that tens of thousands of residents did not possess the required photo IDs, and that nonwhite voters would be most burdened under the statute.
Source: Texas voter ID law unnecessary but state AG must defend it nonetheless | Editorials | Fort Wo...

Here are a couple more:
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...-voter-turnout
http://floridaindependent.com/60544/...-suppression-2
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...?newsfeed=true

Old 01-07-2012, 12:54 PM

5,957 posts, read 5,014,479 times
Yeah, those republicans are TOTALLY racist!

The Compassion of Dr. Ron Paul - YouTube

Reporters vs. Conservative Black Leaders at Press Conference 8 4 2010 - YouTube

Tea Party Member Stuns Crowd! ORIGINAL!!! - YouTube
(Notice all of the racist whites in the crowd?)

Behind The Dixie Stars - YouTube

Old 03-10-2012, 04:27 PM

161 posts, read 180,093 times
I think Republicans would rather have anybody not vote than vote for Democrats. They have not exactly shown a lot of respect for the democratic process.
Blacks are especially vulnerable targets for tactics designed to prevent population segments from voting. And Republicans are great at working the system. The Democrats could learn from them how to get down and dirty. They are generally too high-minded though. This is a weakness when it comes to winning elections. I can't find it in myself to rebuke it though.

Old 03-10-2012, 04:38 PM

254 posts, read 176,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
I get the feeling from Republicans that they would rather black people not vote, than to vote for Democrats. Am I wrong to believe that? They always want to mention how the Democrats keep us on the plantation, but they never give a reason as to why we should vote republican. That is just my opinion, what do ya'll think?
That's what all of the voter ID laws are for. They don't want the blacks from winning Obama another 4 years.

Old 03-10-2012, 04:43 PM

1,459 posts, read 1,819,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheist Liberal View Post
That's what all of the voter ID laws are for. They don't want the blacks from winning Obama another 4 years.
Wrong, Americans are tired of ineligible voters "like dead people" voting. People should have to prove who they are in order to vote, Doesn't matter what flavor you are. Fair is fair.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:46 PM

33,031 posts, read 24,187,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Wrong, Americans are tired of ineligible voters "like dead people" voting. People should have to prove who they are in order to vote, Doesn't matter what flavor you are. Fair is fair.

How exactly do dead people vote? They go to the polls and someone gives them a ballot?

Old 03-10-2012, 06:55 PM

9,728 posts, read 18,902,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
How exactly do dead people vote? They go to the polls and someone gives them a ballot?
With no ID required, anyone can simply give their name (on the second or third trip to vote) as that of a dead person who is on the registry and be handed a ballot.

And yes, I'm sure Republicans would rather ANYONE not vote at all vs. vote for a Democrat. I'm equally sure that Democrats would rather anyone not vote at all vs. vote Republican. Sounds reasonable to me.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:59 PM

33,031 posts, read 24,187,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
With no ID required, they simply give their name (on the second or third trip to vote) as that of a dead person who is on the registry and are handed a ballot.

Doubtful, where I come from a voter has to sign a form at the polls and a poll worker compares the signature with one they have on file.

Wouldn't work if people are doing their job unless there's a larger conspiracy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies