Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 03:37 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,883,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I didn't "hate" Bush; I don't think I'd hate a President Romney.
The fact is there were a lot of liberals who did hate Bush despite his rather moderate record.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 03:38 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,219 times
I will put it like this, i am not totally for my party, blah blah blah. When members of my own party do things i do not like, i bit--. You don't hear me cause you do not know me.

Why let things get by, without saying something if i am bothered. That is the difference my party, is not guilt free, are not saints, make tons of mistakes, think of themselves, and act as babies.

When my party does things i do not like, yes i email, i make phone calls, i send letters, to no avail, i honestly think no one is listening on either side.

Of crouse if Romeny did things i did not approve of if elected, no free ride for him, why, because he is my party, don't work that way with me.

And let me make something clear. Maybe i do not like Obama as my Prez, and his policies, but i never have, so i am not a hyporcrite. But i do not hate him, cause on a personel level, i do not know him. It is strictly business. Color issue, please, some of my truly best friends in the world are black. His color has not a thing to do with my feelings.

Republician or Democrat, we have a right to speak out, if we are not happy with the way they govern. No other person likes it tough, this is our Country too.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:46 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The fact is there were a lot of liberals who did hate Bush despite his rather moderate record.
So what? I'm not speaking for all liberals, or even a lot of liberals. I'm speaking for myself. Too many people on CD like to put all liberals in the same box.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:47 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,455,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Too many people on CD like to put all liberals in the same box.
I agree, but too many also like to put all conservatives in the same box.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:49 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,503,986 times
Romney's a liberal. You should be asking this of conservatives.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:00 PM

23,970 posts, read 15,069,127 times
There are many who give a POTUS too much power. As far as making law, he needs the Congress. They will not do anything for the country, just themselves. Both sides.

I thought Cheney was running the country when GWB was president. I'm sorry they got us into 2 wars. IMO, financing 2 wars with no funding was a mistake. It's done. Except for the pain the mothers of the dead and our vets suffer.

I think the country is in need of a therapist. We are in the midst of some sort of mass mental hysteria problem.

Plus, we no longer have statesmen.

There will be no difference no matter who is president. Goldman Sachs runs the country.

If Mittens wins at least we will be rid of the birthers.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:06 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
If Mittens wins at least we will be rid of the birthers.
Maybe not. His father was born in Mexico, of US citizens.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:17 PM

11,758 posts, read 14,647,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Thanks.

That said, while I don't disagree with you that some conservatives here seem to hate him, I also think many of the liberals unfairly use the race card and suggest that anyone who doesn't agree with his ideas and policies is a racist.
This is absolutely false.

There is plenty of racism in the opposition to President Obama. It's not all conservatives, but anyone who claims he wasn't born in the United States, or is a Muslim, or who posts racist caricatures of him is a racist.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:18 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,935,966 times
Quote:
Liberals: Will you hate on Romney the way Conservatives hate Obama?
You mean how they hated on Bush, don't you?

Payback is a beotch, isn't it?

Reap, sow, harvest.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:21 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,883,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
This is absolutely false.

There is plenty of racism in the opposition to President Obama. It's not all conservatives, but anyone who claims he wasn't born in the United States, or is a Muslim, or who posts racist caricatures of him is a racist.
What makes someone who declares Obama a Muslim or a non-native a racist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies