Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 08:58 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Here is a thing from Politifact that is amazing. They print an e-mail that they got their hands on and tear into one part out of the 3 dozen they say someone has said about Obama and give that one part a Pants on Fire grade. Check the whole list from their write up and see how many things are listed that they could rate like that. Yep, Politifact doesn't really worry about much truth in their stories.

Their link to the e-mail they are tearing into is less than half way down on the story. Look at the list and tell me how many of those things they could have proven wrong if they had tried. I think we all know why they took just that one to work on.

PolitiFact | Chain e-mail titled, "Barack Obama's 32 Month Report Card"

I posted the link to their listed things Obama has been first to do and now Google isn't working for me. I will get back with the link I wanted you all to see. Here is the Politifact attempt at discrediting this list. Sick isn't it.

PolitiFact | Chain e-mail claims Obama is first president to "terminate America
WOW, I have never seem so many half-truths and outright Lies posted in one list, the only thing it points out is the lunacy of the far right and where they get their truely warped thought processes. Oh and before the OP whines that I did not read the links, yes I did, I particularly loved two of listed Lies, one where they state he never released a valid BC, and blaming the credit rating reduction on the President when it was openly stated that the major reason it was downgraded is due to the antics of the Repugs. Oh FYI: states do not issue SS numbers. Jeeeeeze you people have to be most gulible Americans in history, as PTB said, there is on born every minute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 09:01 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
What a sad truth! Obama is the worse president this country has ever had. It is going to take a long time to clean up his mess.
You will have to wait a while longer, the President is still cleaning up the mess left behind by your guy, he will need more time to do it and he will get it

Old 01-08-2012, 11:07 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
First one chimes in and blaming Bush of course at the top of the list. They must have sent that list off to their handlers and had to wait for a reply as to the best course to retort. This of course is the common response to anything Obama does............Blame Bush.

Old 01-08-2012, 12:37 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
What a sad truth! Obama is the worse president this country has ever had. It is going to take a long time to clean up his mess.
I think he may well be the last elected President we have unless we get to vote this next time and he can, and probably will stop it from taking place.

Old 01-08-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You will have to wait a while longer, the President is still cleaning up the mess left behind by your guy, he will need more time to do it and he will get it
Would you like to argue, or otherwise discuss, the part of the list that was stated instead of trying to do what Politifact tried to do? I am ready. Of course, you can prove that all the 30 some things are untrue or at least some of them are.

Old 01-08-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
WOW, I have never seem so many half-truths and outright Lies posted in one list, the only thing it points out is the lunacy of the far right and where they get their truely warped thought processes. Oh and before the OP whines that I did not read the links, yes I did, I particularly loved two of listed Lies, one where they state he never released a valid BC, and blaming the credit rating reduction on the President when it was openly stated that the major reason it was downgraded is due to the antics of the Repugs. Oh FYI: states do not issue SS numbers. Jeeeeeze you people have to be most gulible Americans in history, as PTB said, there is on born every minute.
I have known many people outside Kansas and surely one of them would have a SS number that begins like mine does if it were completely random, as you people want us all to think.

I wonder why Politifact failed to attack all those "half truths" as you and the lib blogdom do. Could it be that they just couldn't make a case for "Pants on Fire" for all of them? I surely do think it could be.

As for the BC, why has he tried so hard with different documents to prove that he wasn't born in Kenya. When you have to try more than once and none of them are acceptable for whatever reason I see why he doesn't release his college grades and the titles of his major term papers.

Old 01-08-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
First one chimes in and blaming Bush of course at the top of the list. They must have sent that list off to their handlers and had to wait for a reply as to the best course to retort. This of course is the common response to anything Obama does............Blame Bush.
Well old Casper managed to use one of his favorite terms to "discredit"that list. He just shoots off "half-truths" and they are all satisfied that that is what the list amounts to. It is fun and very funny to get them going. Almost as much fun as getting Mizzou supporters wound out.

Old 01-08-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
It's because we're godless atheists, and don't go to church. Actually, I'm heading out the door to church, but I couldn't resist.
Well now that church is over you can go ahead and read some of those things and join with Casper calling it a list of half truths. I wonder how Politifact would grade the others instead of just picking out one that they could trace back to Bush or Nixon.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:03 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Obama has 1 billion dollars to smear anyone running against him... he will call on Nancy Pelosi and all the democrats to do the dirty work as usual and Obama will give his rerun speeches about how good he is doing while actually killing jobs and making the cost of living buying gas and food go up and up and up.

This is Obama's hope and change.. I hope I got some change to by a loaf of bread to eat.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:47 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think he may well be the last elected President we have unless we get to vote this next time and he can, and probably will stop it from taking place.
So not only are you a conspiracy theorist but you are also a birther.
You have lost all credibility on this board. Why not get a different hobby. Politics is not for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies