Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you choose your sexual orientation?
I chose to be gay 3 2.03%
I did not choose to be gay 30 20.27%
I chose to be lesbian 3 2.03%
I did not choose to be lesbian 4 2.70%
I chose to be bi-sexual 1 0.68%
I did not choose to be bi-sexual 6 4.05%
I chose to be heterosexual 27 18.24%
I did not choose to be heterosexual 78 52.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 12:41 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,045,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Please tell us about the moment you chose to be heterosexual. I've not heard of anyone else doing this.
Don't bother - there's an obstinate group of posters on here who are defining sexual orientation strictly by the sex acts one chooses to undertake - they're defining the term as a choice.

The question posed in the thread reads: "Did you choose your sexual orientation", but to them they read "Did you choose to have sex with the people with whom you chose to have sex".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 12:45 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,609,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
You are so wrong on the idea of high testosterone equating to heterosexuality.
I didn't say it equated to it, I said it genetically predisposed me to it.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:45 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,450,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I'm not attracted to women in the slightest. However, if you tied me down and had a women fellate me, I'd get hard and probably even orgasm. If I were able to work up an erection by fantasizing about sex with a man, I could probably penetrate a women and keep an erection (I imagine it feels good). I'm sure a lesbian heroin addict is capable of consenting to being penetrated by a man in return for drugs.

I know many gay men with biological children from previous marriages with women. If I'm to believe what they tell me, they were never, and still are not, attracted to women. Not a single one considers himself bisexual. They all say the sex was very lackluster, infrequent, and often just was a non-starter. Another thing they have in common is that all of their ex-wives at some point in the marriage realized they were married to a gay man.
One of my close friends is a lesbian, she was married for ten years to a man I know and was married prior to that and had two children from that marriage. She met and fell in love with a woman at the age of 48, she no longer desires men and now knows that she never really did, she performed as society expected. She is a strong women, very physically active as a triathlete at the current age of 52. She is a very beautiful woman outside and inside. She is happy, truly happy and in love for the first time in her life.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:47 PM

10,567 posts, read 12,765,534 times
Quote:
One of my close friends is a lesbian, she was married for ten years to a man I know and was married prior to that and had two children from that marriage. She met and fell in love with a woman at the age of 48, she no longer desires men and now knows that she never really did, she performed as society expected. She is a strong women, very physically active as a triathlete at the current age of 52. She is a very beautiful woman outside and inside. She is happy, truly happy and in love for the first time in her life.
When you age your needs become more emotional than sexual - sounds like the woman has done her duty and has found companionship with a person of the same sex - This is not in the fact that she has always been a "lesbian" - It's just that she has had enough and fulfilled her purpose as a woman and NOW want to enjoy being a human being.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:48 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,045,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
so you are saying you have NEVER made a choice in your like

dont you CHOOSE if you prefer chocolate or vanilla???or do oyu NOT have that choice
Cilantro tastes like soap to me - it's disgusting. I didn't choose to dislike it, it just is, and I can't choose to make it taste good to me no matter how hard I try (at least I haven't been able to yet). However, I sometime choose to taste a salsa even though I can see the cilantro in it. When I do so, I haven't chosen for it to taste good - when I take that bite, it's still disgusting.

Quote:
all humans have their pros/cons....a female might CHOOSE to be with a female, because she doesnt understand males (or they dont understand her) (thats why a book called men are from mars came out) your CHOICE or PREFERANCE is based on your MENTALITY..a NEUROLOGICAL decision..

its one way or the other..either you CHOOSE..or it is a neurological mis-wiring (a disorder..like aspergers)
Or it's just a natural, normal non-majority variant of human life (like being red-headed, or black-skinned, or left-handed, or having a counterclockwise hair-whorl, or having a genius IQ).

Old 01-09-2012, 12:49 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,360,161 times
Quote:
Don't bother - there's an obstinate group of posters on here who are defining sexual orientation strictly by the sex acts one chooses to undertake - they're defining the term as a choice.

The question posed in the thread reads: "Did you choose your sexual orientation", but to them they read "Did you choose to have sex with the people with whom you chose to have sex".
wrong

the fact is you confuse orientation with who you are friends with

example for males..we are PROGRAMED to say going out with the guys..our best freinds are guys...but 99% with not CONFUSE what a friendship is with attraction...but the 1%(+/-) that are gay will confuse, thinging that nad attraction for friends is and attraction for a lifestyle

hammer you are a male..but a admited gay person.....correct????

what makes you attracted to other male..you state its not about sex..then what is it that attracts you to males and not females....I am interested in the psychology if this

6,414 posts, read 10,450,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh its not

PROVE IT

the FACT is what you are ATTRACTED to (neurological) plays a big part

chasity was/is a female (x chrome) but was ATTRACTED to females...gay
she CHOSE to be a HE (still x chrome though),and is still attracted to females
he is attracted to females..therefore NO LONGER gay

your sexuality is very much EQUAL to your sexual orientation
And did you know that legally he can now marry the one he loves? And get all the federally granted rights, all 1049 of them. Yet chromosome wise he is still a female.

12,373 posts, read 13,150,563 times
I knew the first time I saw a girl wearing a skirt that showed skin above the knee
that I was a heterosexual!

Old 01-09-2012, 12:50 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,360,161 times
Quote:
Cilantro tastes like soap to me -.
describe what soap taste like

I can only think of ivory, because I was forced to eat it for lying at the age of 4

Old 01-09-2012, 12:50 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,712,748 times
Quote:
While never-married, or been with a man for that matter, one of my close friends is a lesbian, who went on dates with guys as a teenager but only because of societal pressure. It is not uncommon in some cultures (she being from South East Asia), living in a tightly knit society surrounded by family, to suppress the real person. This also explains the life of gays and lesbians in authoritarians, theocratic and extremely conservative societies. People simply assume that if they're married, they weren't gay (or lesbian).

In fact, one C-D poster made a point last week about his/her uncle now choosing to be gay, after his marriage failed. I would say, he never was a heterosexual person to begin with and came out with his real self only now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies