Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 10:35 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,200,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
What part of screaming over a bullhorn did you miss?

Typical leftist, only sees what they want to see and ignores the violation of the law.
How is using a bull horn "violent?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 10:35 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
The Ideal American follows rules.
If you want to have a peaceful protest then yes, you do.
MLK followed the rules and he accomplished a lot of change.
He was no sheeple you speak of.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:37 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
How is using a bull horn "violent?"
The article quoted "disorderly conduct", not violence.
And they will all have their "day in court".

Old 01-10-2012, 10:54 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,778,885 times
Quote:
I was indeed referring to peaceful protests. MLK was but one example of a peaceful protest that I mentioned, and the numerous TEA Party protests was another example of a peaceful protest.

In both examples, positive results were achieved primarily because the protests were peaceful. In no case can an example be found of a violent protest achieving anything, other than getting people injured.

In the case of the 1960s Civil Rights protests, they had a very dynamic and enlightened leader in MLK. In the case of the TEA Party it was leaderless, with a common theme of limited government and fiscal responsibility binding them together. So it does not matter if there is a leader or not, the fact that both were peaceful and law-abiding is what made them successful protests.
You keep choosing to ignore the fact that perpetual violence - using your term here - was caused by non-protesters towards peaceful protesters. Is it that hard for you to swallow some truth? Man up and acknowledge that fact.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:08 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,187,728 times
Quote:
Of course we are at war,
I will ask you again Sir: is the US Government at war with it's own citizens?

Old 01-11-2012, 03:14 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,440,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I will ask you again Sir: is the US Government at war with it's own citizens?
What part of "We are at war with al Qaeda and the Taliban" were you not able to comprehend?

Old 01-11-2012, 03:17 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,440,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
You keep choosing to ignore the fact that perpetual violence - using your term here - was caused by non-protesters towards peaceful protesters. Is it that hard for you to swallow some truth? Man up and acknowledge that fact.
I ignored it because it is completely irrelevant. A peaceful protest is determined by the actions of the protesters, not anyone else. Something you are unable to grasp.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:46 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,187,728 times
Quote:
What part of "We are at war with al Qaeda and the Taliban" were you not able to comprehend?
I comprehend that I am not part of Al Qaeda, the Taliban or any other terrorist group, but the US Government can arrest me (and you) on US soil without warrant, without charges, hold me indefinetely without benefit of counsel or writ of Habeus Corpus, just as if I was an enemy combatant captured in war. The US Government has essentially declared the American people suspected enemy combatants. Do you comprehend that?

Last edited by Bideshi; 01-11-2012 at 06:34 AM..

Old 01-11-2012, 06:09 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
Glitch apparently cannot but I certainly do.

We have just abrogated the Magna Carter. Great going guys. No Republic can tolerate a government that can terrorize its own citizens on the mere suspicion of “terrorism”. Very quickly criticizing the government or police becomes a terrorist activity and citizens disappear.

I have far more reason to fear DHS and the TSA than I do the Taliban. The main reason is the DHS is already here and very well funded. We just screwed ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies