Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 06:58 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times

Advertisements

Story has been updated. Looks like he didn't have the Jordans folks were fighting over during Xmas.
Quote:

David Lee Robinson, 19, clad in a pair of white Nike Zoom Rookies, was standing in the 5800 block of Foote Street NE shortly before 2:30 a.m. when at least one robber with a handgun got out of a sport-utility vehicle, police said.

“It would appear that he was shot probably after he was robbed, but it’s also possible that he got shot prior to being robbed,” a D.C. police homicide supervisor, Lt. Robert Alder, said Monday.
Also unclear is who else fired shots. Investigators found a handgun — apparently not the murder weapon — and an assortment of spent shells at the scene, Alder said.
Sneakers apparently led to killing - The Washington Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 07:19 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Yes because in the absence of viable solutions it's best to put one's head in the sand and ignore the destruction of a community.
Exactly. That's why I admire you so much for doing your part to fight the problems in the black community.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:25 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
I'm part of the Ghanaian American community don't try and ensnare me into the swamp that is the African American community.

You guys are sinking and don't even realize it.

Your Ghanaian, And???? I know many from Ghana, my finance is Ghanaian, but considers himself African American. I have absolutely no idea why someone would have so much self hate from their own culture. Yes its your culture considering we all are decendents of Africans. Irresponsibility has NOTHING to do with an entire race. Maybe you need to stop trying to convince others your so different by using ignorance as a litmus.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
I'm part of the Ghanaian American community don't try and ensnare me into the swamp that is the African American community.

You guys are sinking and don't even realize it.
I think they should deport all African Americans to Ghana, where they will have a much better life.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:56 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
You can't speak sense to non-sense.
This character manifests his self hate by bashing an entire group of people of which he's a member of.

There will never come a time when you see a post from him committing on the crimes that white people or Africans commit.

In reality, both of these groups would never claim him as one of their own, yet, he continues to fawn for acceptance where he will receive none.

I must admit, I just recently realised how young he must be, he's displayed such ignorance of African American culture that the only logical explanation is youth, ignorance, or a combination thereof.

Hell, looking at my articles, it's quite possible an African stole the gym shoes..
Couldn't resist coming back to the thread after reading this....This would be the ULTIMATE smackdown. LOL.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Your Ghanaian, And???? I know many from Ghana, my finance is Ghanaian, but considers himself African American. I have absolutely no idea why someone would have so much self hate from their own culture. Yes its your culture considering we all are decendents of Africans. Irresponsibility has NOTHING to do with an entire race. Maybe you need to stop trying to convince others your so different by using ignorance as a litmus.
Your girlfriend is being polite trust me she doesn't consider herself African anything, she considers herself a Ghanaian, period maybe Ghanaian-American. Even if she calls herself African-American I guarentee you she doesn't think she is one of you guys. There are a plethera of diverse cultures within Ghana and throughout Africa.

No way a people who think killing folks for sneakers are a part of my culture.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:13 AM

I guess no one wants to comment on the actual story, too depressing I guess.

David Lee Robinson killed for his shoes | WJLA.com

Quote:
Jamisha Houston is five months pregnant and facing life without her baby's father. David Lee Robinson, 19, was killed early Sunday morning here on Foote Street northeast, gunned down police say over his pair of tennis shoes.

Robinson's family is angry as they grieve the death of a young man they say had so much to look forward to.
He was working and about to get his high school diploma. Now he is dead. Police say his killer took his pair of Nike Rookie basketball shoes that he was wearing.
Why is it in all of these stories the young men are always turning their lives around at the precise moment they get killed?

Old 01-10-2012, 10:16 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
I think SHE knows how her fiancée feels better than you do.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:17 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,759,786 times
Quote:
Well if that was the aim then I guess you maybe right. So since most Blacks don't kill each other it is best to ignore the problem? Never mind Blacks make up 50% of all murder victims?

Seems to me folks are more concerned about the image of Black people than actually saving these young men's lives.

Least of all yourself.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Your girlfriend is being polite trust me she doesn't consider herself African anything, she considers herself a Ghanaian, period maybe Ghanaian-American. Even if she calls herself African-American I guarentee you she doesn't think she is one of you guys. There are a plethera of diverse cultures within Ghana and throughout Africa.

No way a people who think killing folks for sneakers are a part of my culture.

You're right. You guys believe in stuff like witchcraft, child rape, trafficking in human body parts, general anarchy......all the markings of an orderly, wonderful civilization. No wonder you're so proud to be from there.

Might you have a comment on the following stories? I would venture to guess probably not.

Video: withches of Gambaga | Global development | guardian.co.uk

http://allafrica.com/stories/200904271519.html (broken link)

I Will Shoot You Like An Armed Robber - Police officer threatens judge

Human parts dealers remanded into prison custody | Crime & Punishment 2012-01-08
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies