Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 01:29 PM

78,373 posts, read 60,566,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Take it up with the mayor.
No, it would be racist to claim the leadership is flawed. This is called the Kwame Kilpatrick Clause, I learned all about it in the Detroit forum.

Seriously though, it seems the DC leadership has made some progress...I only think they are putting too much effort into their ineffectual gun bans in an attempt to show how they can work. They haven't.

Additionally, since their ban was struck down they've take a page from the Jim Crow laws of yore to try to put a "poll tax" on guns and ban them via red-tape and plenty of obstacles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 01:30 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
That's exactly what he and others are saying. Any normal community would have a full court press in place to deal with the issues. Not Blacks only time they can organize is if some white guy calls one of us out of their name. Shows you where their priorities are it's all about image, substance be darned.
Ok...so since you claim that you're not complacent, when is the full court press that you're organizing?

Or are you just gonna keep talking about it on C-D so that you get rep points from your conservative pals? (yea....that's EXACTLY what you're gonna do)

Old 01-09-2012, 01:31 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,458 times
Quote:
You mean if I'll ever be complacent with the carnage that blacks inflict on other blacks while bringing up the rear in just about every meaningful socioeconomic measure. You will be waiting a long time.
As dd mentioned, you're complacent now. Or are you doing something constructive that we don't know about?

No one is in denial about the problems in the black community. But again, what will posting on message boards solve? Is your intent to form a group of concerned citizens to write our city representatives? Is your purpose to gather a group of people to volunteer in disadvantaged communities? What about organizing free tutoring sessions for under-performing students? Are you doing any of these things? Anything at all, besides complaining?

Old 01-09-2012, 01:32 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,922,886 times
Quote:
Well if that was the aim then I guess you maybe right. So since most Blacks don't kill each other it is best to ignore the problem? Never mind Blacks make up 50% of all murder victims?

Seems to me folks are more concerned about the image of Black people than actually saving these young men's lives.
there were 15,241 murders in 09, and the trend has been downward for years, so its even lower then that.

8,000 blacks were murdered in 2009. your really making a big deal out of 8,000 people?

Old 01-09-2012, 01:33 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,922,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
As dd mentioned, you're complacent now. Or are you doing something constructive that we don't know about?

No one is in denial about the problems in the black community. But again, what will posting on message boards solve? Is your intent to form a group of concerned citizens to write our city representatives? Is your purpose to gather a group of people to volunteer in disadvantaged communities? What about organizing free tutoring sessions for under-performing students? Are you doing any of these things? Anything at all, besides complaining?
hes baiting for replies and views. does it all the time.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
PG county is becoming a slum it's actually on pace to be worse than DC and a link from the venerable Washington Post ranks a lot better than the Detroit Free Press or whatever you call the newspapers out there.

The mayor said the kid was killed for his nikes. That was also the headline of the article.

Actually maybe I should start visiting the Detroit papers more often probably no shortage of tomfoolery there.
PG is far from becoming a slum. Of course, with the gentrification going on in DC, lots of low-income folks are moving to areas that surround DC (this includes Montgomery County, PG County and certain parts of NoVA). All of these areas are seeing higher crime rates as a result. With poverty comes more crime. It's a fact of life.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:34 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
My question is, what are you going to do about it? Whether you like it or not, you are a part of this "black community" that you post almost daily threads about negatively. Here's some homework for you Edward: Go and Post something positive about the black community here in sunny P&OC. I bet you will refuse to. And if you do, I'll commend you for it.
I'm part of the Ghanaian American community don't try and ensnare me into the swamp that is the African American community.

You guys are sinking and don't even realize it.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:35 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Quote:
I'm part of the Ghanaian American community don't try and ensnare me into the swamp that is the African American community.

Pot meet kettle.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:36 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
PG is far from becoming a slum. Of course, with the gentrification going on in DC, lots of low-income folks are moving to areas that surround DC (this includes Montgomery County, PG County and certain parts of NoVA). All of these areas are seeing higher crime rates as a result. With poverty comes more crime. It's a fact of life.
Sure ok believe what you like. How much value has your home lost this past year or two? How many short sales and foreclosures in your neck of the woods?

It's just a matter a time when the stampede of DC's Section 8 voucher holders makes it to your neck of the woods.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:

Ah...but you didn't say "African American" community in your posts on this thread. You said "black community". Like it or not, you're one of us!!!!

But keep this up and your privileges will be revoked very soon.

What's sad is that folks like you don't usually see the light until the folks that you like to perform for show you what they really think of you. Your day will come....it comes for them all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies