Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 06:47 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,812,567 times

Advertisements

Economic despair is beginning to spread rapidly in America. As you read this, there are millions of American families that are just barely hanging on by their fingernails. For a growing number of Americans, it has become an all-out battle just to be able to afford to sleep under a roof and put a little bit of food on the table.

Tonight, tens of thousands of formerly middle class Americans will be sleeping in their cars, even though that is illegal in many U.S. cities. Tens of thousands of others will be sleeping in tent cities or on the streets.

Meanwhile, communities all over America are passing measures that are meant to push tent cities and homeless people out of their areas. It turns out that once you lose your job and your home in this country you become something of an outcast. Sadly, the number of "outcasts" is going to continue to grow as the U.S. economy continues to collapse.

Most Americans that end up living in their cars on in tent cities never thought that it would happen to them.

Outcasts: Tonight Tens Of Thousands Of Formerly Middle Class Americans Will Be Sleeping In Their Cars, In Tent Cities Or On The Streets
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 06:57 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Rick Santorum says there is no such thing as the middle class.
What Is Rick Santorum's Problem with the Term 'Middle Class'? - Conor Friedersdorf - Politics - The Atlantic

Old 01-09-2012, 07:04 PM

126 posts, read 78,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Economic despair is beginning to spread rapidly in America. As you read this, there are millions of American families that are just barely hanging on by their fingernails. For a growing number of Americans, it has become an all-out battle just to be able to afford to sleep under a roof and put a little bit of food on the table.

Tonight, tens of thousands of formerly middle class Americans will be sleeping in their cars, even though that is illegal in many U.S. cities. Tens of thousands of others will be sleeping in tent cities or on the streets.

Meanwhile, communities all over America are passing measures that are meant to push tent cities and homeless people out of their areas. It turns out that once you lose your job and your home in this country you become something of an outcast. Sadly, the number of "outcasts" is going to continue to grow as the U.S. economy continues to collapse.

Most Americans that end up living in their cars on in tent cities never thought that it would happen to them.

Outcasts: Tonight Tens Of Thousands Of Formerly Middle Class Americans Will Be Sleeping In Their Cars, In Tent Cities Or On The Streets
The corporate whores like CEOs are guilty and responsible, as is the federal and state governments, along with the public union workers. They are all equally filth.

The country will implode, and I hope that a system with stronger checks and balances is implemented to stop each of those selfish groups are either eliminated outright, or managed with a VERY tight leash.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:25 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
On The American Dream website, I just finished an article entitled "How Globalism Has Destroyed Our Jobs, Businesses And National Wealth In 10 Easy Steps". It is a 2500 word essay that explains how globalization has absolutely gutted our economy. The article will hopefully help you understand why so many good jobs have left the United States and why they aren't coming back.
~~clip from article.

Thanks OP. I dont see ANY politicians addressing any of the real problems....

Old 01-09-2012, 07:33 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Economic despair is beginning to spread rapidly in America. As you read this, there are millions of American families that are just barely hanging on by their fingernails.
Yes, 110 Million households with 46 Million receiving Food Stamps and 99 Million receiving cable, satellite or both.

Must be terrible to have cable and free food with Food Stamps.

Quote:
ETonight, tens of thousands of formerly middle class Americans will be sleeping in their cars, even though that is illegal in many U.S. cities. Tens of thousands of others will be sleeping in tent cities or on the streets.
It isn't like they didn't have time to move in with their parents, or other family members or make arrangements to share housing.

Quote:
Meanwhile, communities all over America are passing measures that are meant to push tent cities and homeless people out of their areas.
Yes, isn't it wonderful? I can't wait for the day when I can walk to Findlay Market and not get hit up by half a dozen panhandlers, 2-3 drug dealers and a prostitute.

Plenty of jobs in Somalia.

If we get a few thousand people to pony up $10, a brown-bag lunch, and a parachute, I can get someone to foot the bill to fly those idiots to Somalia on a C-130.

I'll be happy to kick them out the back on a drag run. Free-falling is much more fun than bungy jumping (or CATS!)

If they can't find work in Somalia, they can always head to Uganda. It's safe. General President Colonel Reverend Prime Minister First Sergeant Idi Amin Dada is still dead and not in charge. They can even help US special ops hunt down the Lord's Army.

Doing my part for the poor....

Mircea

Old 01-09-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I think that's his AGENDA.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
On The American Dream website, I just finished an article entitled "How Globalism Has Destroyed Our Jobs, Businesses And National Wealth In 10 Easy Steps". It is a 2500 word essay that explains how globalization has absolutely gutted our economy. The article will hopefully help you understand why so many good jobs have left the United States and why they aren't coming back.
~~clip from article.

Thanks OP. I dont see ANY politicians addressing any of the real problems....
Good article, and true. The manufacturing jobs lost to China and the IT jobs lost to India were driven by the CEOs who wanted higher profits to justify their obscene salaries and bonuses.

Last edited by KRAMERCAT; 01-09-2012 at 08:00 PM..

Old 01-09-2012, 07:47 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
These wacky republican presidents always leave a trail of destruction to the working people. This is all on GW Bush's tab.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:48 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Yes and NEITHER side is talking about it. In the MSM we just hear the same bs, class warfare and reality trash shows. American economy is in a truly precarious situation, yet no one in D.C. is addressing it.....

Old 01-09-2012, 07:52 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
If we do away with the EPA and unions I'll bet there will be hundreds of thousands of jobs created.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies