Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 08:54 AM

2,226 posts, read 2,102,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
It's an excellent idea and an incentive to get a HS diploma...

What do they do when public education has been demolished and defunded? hmmmmmm. Oh what? They already are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 09:10 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,728,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
Yeah, Obama is an ass. He dared to get us out of Iraq, killed Osama Bin Laden (something Bush gave up on long ago), signed into law the first reasonable health care legislation in generations in order to help tens of millions get health insurance. What an ass he is.

Yeah, it's all a big Hollywood commie conspiracy, ain't it, dude?
Bin Laden DIED years ago. There was no medical equipment to treat his kidney problems at the house he was allegedly shot.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:10 AM

3,423 posts, read 3,214,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Really?

One-way train tickets cost over 12 grand?
I suggest you read up on exactly what it takes to deport someone. Clue - if it was simply a matter of buying someone a "one -way train ticket", likely we wouldn't have an illegal immigration policy.

Here's another fact you conservatives will likely take issue with, even though it is true and easily verified:

Record number of illegal immigrants deported - Houston Chronicle

Old 01-10-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
By the way, I do agree with you about not cutting unemployment benefits for people without a HS education or GED.
That is one of the more assinine proposals I've heard to come out of Washington.
Wow, someone posted on topic. I think I'll have a heart attack now.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Yes, it would be good for them to have one. BUT, what do you do about some electrician that has no GED or HS diploma, but has worked for 30 years in his field and just got laid off after having paid into the system all that time, see the problem?
Funny thing, the right loves to say they want Less Government yet they push for More Government rules and programs on regular baisis, me thinks someone is confused by what the term Less means
Indeed. And what do you do with those who have no diploma or GED and have very low IQs but are able to work in menial jobs? The Republicians don't want smaller government despite their protestations. They want less Democratic government.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Bin Laden DIED years ago. There was no medical equipment to treat his kidney problems at the house he was allegedly shot.
I believe there is a conspiracy thread on this somewhere else (take a hint, please).

Old 01-10-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
If they can't work they will "self deport" or starve.
So this was the grand Republican plan? Trash the economy so badly that the illegal aliens would want to leave on their own? Great plan, Kevin.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:28 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Psssst, your lack of rational thinking is showing

Old 01-10-2012, 10:32 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
Indeed. And what do you do with those who have no diploma or GED and have very low IQs but are able to work in menial jobs? The Republicians don't want smaller government despite their protestations. They want less Democratic government.
I am sure they have a "Final Solution" for those deemed to be less worthy just waiting in the wings, as was once over the gates of a "relocation" camp, "Work Will Set You Free".

Old 01-10-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I am sure they have a "Final Solution" for those deemed to be less worthy just waiting in the wings, as was once over the gates of a "relocation" camp, "Work Will Set You Free".
That's funny. I thought we were born with that particular liberty. It says so in the DOI. I guess someone forgot to tell the Republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies