Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2012, 05:59 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Homosexual activists assert that morality and immorality is self determined, ie, each person decides for themselves what is right and what is wrong. Without God's moral guidance, there is no right or wrong.
I know the difference between right and wrong and I'm atheist.

How do you explain that?

There are more christian murderers in prison than any other belief system.
I guess that that right/wrong stance is a little gray.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 06:35 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Heil Hitler?

"Today Christians stand at the head of this country. I pledge that I never will tie myself to parties who want to destroy Christianity. We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit. We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theater, and in the press - in short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of liberal excess during the past few years."
- Adolf Hitler
You find one quote, probably out of context?
And even Wikipedia has a religion section in their write-up of Hitler.... if anything, he was actually anti-Christian.

Old 08-07-2012, 06:38 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
There are more christian murderers in prison than any other belief system.
I guess that that right/wrong stance is a little gray.
And what belief system do most in this country identify with, even if they don't follow it?
Socioeconomics and education has more to do with who is in prison vs who isn't.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:32 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
And what belief system do most in this country identify with, even if they don't follow it?
Socioeconomics and education has more to do with who is in prison vs who isn't.

Yeah. And the Mafia used to wear crucifixes on their necks and keep the Holy Feast days.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:59 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
*yawn*

Old 08-07-2012, 09:09 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I know the difference between right and wrong and I'm atheist.

How do you explain that?
You say you know right from wrong, but you believe there is nothing wrong with homosexual activity.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:44 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Both quotes from a time period where self ownership was such that you could own other people AS PROPERTY. Not exactly some sort of moral high ground is it?

The concept that all men are endowed with certain rights no man, or group of men (government) can take away took time to overcome the previous status quo philosophy that might makes right. Yes, it is a bit ironic that the Declaration of Independence was written by a slave owner.

Obviously, slavery is incompatible with the principle of self=ownership, as are transfer payments, vice laws, military inscriptions, etc.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:10 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,152,805 times
*sigh*

Old 08-07-2012, 12:55 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Dr. Walter Williams

“At the root of my values system is the principle of natural law as expounded by philosophers like John Locke and William Blackstone and adopted by early American notables such as Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, George Mason, Patrick Henry, and Thomas Paine, among others, and captured simply, elegantly, and compellingly in our Declaration of Independence in the phrase ‘We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.”

Old 08-08-2012, 08:38 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
And the reason why marital rape was ok for so long was because women were the "property" of men.
No it wasn't okay. Maybe it was okay in your sick twisted world where theft is considered noble. Willie Sutton for President!!!! lmao what next?

Quote:
Treating property rights as if they are some sort of perfect system is ridiculous.
And getting advice from someone who thinks it's okay to steal my money for their causes isn't? Show me how taking someones property is a good thing when they are not stepping on the rights of others.

Quote:
Besides, clearly, rape was a crime before this country was founded.
Clearly no one is saying otherwise. Just another weak attempt at deflecting from the actual discussion.
So which is it, rape was a crime before we were founded or marital rape was ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies