Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2012, 06:56 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,768,722 times

Advertisements

mensaguy - don't you get it? The anti-abortion people consider all girls and women to be some male's property. Allowing women to choose an abortion diminishes the value of their property by eliminating the child. It also diminishes the male's control of their property. If you cannot rape a woman and force her to have the child what control do you have? Anti-abortion is effectively pro slavery for half the population. It is that simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 07:37 AM

16,667 posts, read 15,663,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
mensaguy - don't you get it? The anti-abortion people consider all girls and women to be some male's property. Allowing women to choose an abortion diminishes the value of their property by eliminating the child. It also diminishes the male's control of their property. If you cannot rape a woman and force her to have the child what control do you have? Anti-abortion is effectively pro slavery for half the population. It is that simple.
That pretty effectively sums it up. Good job, GregW.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:41 AM

2,226 posts, read 2,102,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
When we sit dont as a board we approve or disaprove of over 200 applications on a normal board meeting
we meet twice a month and more if needed.
You questioned me by using the arguement why dont i adopt. Well i cant , but i do support an agency which does so does.
The problem is going to be the same
Pro abortionist will never see what they are doing as life becasue they can not justify killing if they see it as life.
Anti choicers will always see it as a human life and will never think its ok.
the two sides will never agree on the core issue : is the baby or fetus a human life.
But every now and then something comes up like this texas law, that in no way stops a woman from choosing but could be a middle ground between choosing and not choosing .

Its not a middle ground when a womans right to the sanctity of her own body is absconded by the state government. The right wing is SOOOOO against government intrusion EXCEPT when it goes against their own right wing idealology! Also, WHO'S GOING TO PAY FOR THE SONOGRAM????? might I ask. The woman who was deemed too poor to give birth? This law is ridiculous.

Last edited by 60sfemi; 01-12-2012 at 07:42 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 01-12-2012, 07:44 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,145,375 times
Quote:
what i think does not matter."""""

YES! You may be catching on!...what YOU and anyone but the pregnant woman thinks DOES NOT MATTER so MYOB!

""The woman should be given the full information including seeing her baby ."""

But what you think doesn't matter, you just said so, so leave other adults alone...

"""here is more information:

House Bill 15, sponsored by state Rep. Sid Miller, R-Stephenville, requires a doctor performing an abortion to conduct the sonogram at least 24 hours before the procedure was to take place. The doctor also is required to show the woman the sonogram image, play the sound of the fetal heartbeat for her and describe in some detail the image that appears on the sonogram. The woman does not have to view the sonogram or hear the heartbeat, although she still would have to hear the doctor's description.
Abortion sonogram bill advances in Texas House - Houston Chronicle
You're just drumming up business for your alleged adoption business which sure took a long time to mention

I think the government should step in and pass a law that anyone running an adoption business do so voluntarily with no pay and be required to adopt 12 children, pay for ALL sonograms and other expenses of women who want abortions.......I think more government in YOUR life would be a good thing...don't you?

Old 01-12-2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:
If you are pro choice you are pro abortion

thats RIDICULOUS ON A STICK!!!! Pro-choice is only that. The ability to choose for oneself to have or not have ANY medical procedure....be it to CHOOSE to poison oneself for "possible" cancer treatments or to CHOOSE to continue a pregnancy. What would the point be to be "pro-abortion"?

Old 01-12-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Another rude comment.

I live in reality, where people take precautions so things don't happen. If you want to be irresponsible, take your licks, just don't take a life to make yours better.

Do you have any idea how many millions and millions of babies were born because "precautions" didn't work?

Old 01-12-2012, 07:57 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,280,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Are you freaking kidding? I'm lucky my husband is alive? How many husbands die while a woman is pg?

Your post is full of excuses. As long as you all make excuses for irresponsibility, abortions will never decrease.
Actually, you're lucky you're alive. Pregnancy is a huge risk for homicide, and I would not be surprised if it significantly ups the risk for accidents, too.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:57 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
how about those woman who are anti abortion. Your diatribe is nothing more than a talking point based in no truth.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
If the TSA can legally grope and fondle people before getting on an airplane, I see no problem with requiring an ultrasound before we legally murder an innocent unborn child.

Duh.....whaaaat?

Old 01-12-2012, 07:59 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
thats RIDICULOUS ON A STICK!!!! Pro-choice is only that. The ability to choose for oneself to have or not have ANY medical procedure....be it to CHOOSE to poison oneself for "possible" cancer treatments or to CHOOSE to continue a pregnancy. What would the point be to be "pro-abortion"?
why do you pro abortionist run away from what you are. If you are for the use of abortion you are pro abortions. If you wereagainstt abortion youwouldl be pro life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies