Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 01:09 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,935,741 times

Advertisements

Every time I read or hear someone say "We need to reason and/or empathize with the criminal/terrorist/rapist" I want to vomit.

Thugs can't be reasoned with. Arrest and punish them.You crush them and bring them to heel. If that doesn't work you either lock them up forever or kill them.

Assualt me and I will not be trying to reason with you, I will try and escape if I'm only at risk but if my property and/or family is in danger I do whatever I can to stop you with zero regard for your well being. I won't care amount how "oppressed" you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 02:57 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
The New Scapegoats of Europe - NYTimes.com

One afternoon in November, Océane Sluijzer, a 13-year-old Belgian Jewish girl, was beaten up after soccer practice by a group of schoolmates. Her tormenters, girls of Moroccan descent, called her a “dirty Jew” and told her to “go back to her own country.”

+

In fact, the real answer lies much closer to home: according to a position-paper by the Brookings Institution, if Muslim communities in Europe felt less marginalization and had more economic opportunities, they would resort less to misdirected violence. Although attacks on Jews are scary and hard to explain away, there is no broad and systematic anti-Jewish sentiment in Europe, neither among Muslims nor among the rest of the population. This is not 1936.

The key to helping Belgians understand the attack on Océane is not to sit down with Benjamin Netanyahu. It is to sit down with the girls who punched her and find out how to make them feel welcome in Belgium.

+

What rot! What sane human being wants to sit down with anti-Semites who beat up thirteen year olds? People who do that sort of thing should not be welcomed in any society. Muslims who find excuses for it should stay in Muslim societies and leave the rest of us alone.

This has to be one of the dumbest articles articles I've ever read.

Israel is the most-hated nation on earth. Yet they remain one of the most civil and honorable nations ever to exist among us.

This is why millions of us staunchly defend and stand with Israel. I do and could not care less how many feathers it ruffles.

As for the muslims that do such things against anyone for being Jewish, no respect for them and the Palestinians remain "land squatters" IMO.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:07 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Throw the attackers and their families out of the country. Then keep them out.

More reasonably these kids should be treated as violent juvenile criminals and prosecuted as called for by the local, not Sharia, law. If their community objects handle it as any other protest would be. The Muslim immigrants have to be taught that they are under secular law and that is the only law.

If they refuse go back to the first idea.
I agree with this. The kids should be punished accordingly under the rules of the country, not sharia. If this isn't nipped in the bud it will only get worse.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:18 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,796,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Would you be advocating throwing the attackers out of the country if they were not Muslim?

If not, why not?
Well, perhaps the difference is is that these were immigrants.

Immigrating to a country isn't a right..... it's a privilege.

If you decide to immigrate to a country and attack its residence and not obey its laws..... I don't see how its bigoted deporting them back to where they came from.

If they were not Muslim, they'd likely be Natives from that country... for which i'd advocate imprisonment.

There's your answer.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:23 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
Well, perhaps the difference is is that these were immigrants.

Immigrating to a country isn't a right..... it's a privilege.

If you decide to immigrate to a country and attack its residence and not obey its laws..... I don't see how its bigoted deporting them back to where they came from.

If they were not Muslim, they'd likely be Natives from that country... for which i'd advocate imprisonment.

There's your answer.
Can you point me where in the article it says that they were immigrants.

It says they were 'of Moroccan descent', says nothing about them being immigrants.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:28 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
if Muslim communities in Europe felt less marginalization and had more economic opportunities, they would resort less to misdirected violence.
Where is the proof to support this claim?

There is none.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:58 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times
There is a growing trend amongst Muslim immigrants and their children towards anti-semitic violence and harassment.

I was reading an article about the city of Malmo in Sweden (3rd largest city in Sweden) which has a large Muslim population. The situation was so bad for the Jewish citizens that about half of the entire Jewish community of several hundred - packed their bags and left ... for Israel.

These anti-Jewish bigots are inadvertently helping Israel by encouraging more Jewish immigration to Israel. These European Jewish immigrants for the most part are highly cultured, university educated, highly skilled, non-criminal with a good work ethic ... which is so unlike many of the Muslim immigrants to Europe.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:04 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times
Quote:
...if Muslim communities in Europe felt less marginalization and had more economic opportunities, they would resort less to misdirected violence.
Maybe if those muslims who felt marginalized were more willing to integrate themselves into French society they might find more opportunity for inclusion. Those opportunities probably will NOT be heralded with red carpets and hand outs at first.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
The New Scapegoats of Europe - NYTimes.com

One afternoon in November, Océane Sluijzer, a 13-year-old Belgian Jewish girl, was beaten up after soccer practice by a group of schoolmates. Her tormenters, girls of Moroccan descent, called her a “dirty Jew” and told her to “go back to her own country.”

+

In fact, the real answer lies much closer to home: according to a position-paper by the Brookings Institution, if Muslim communities in Europe felt less marginalization and had more economic opportunities, they would resort less to misdirected violence. Although attacks on Jews are scary and hard to explain away, there is no broad and systematic anti-Jewish sentiment in Europe, neither among Muslims nor among the rest of the population. This is not 1936.

The key to helping Belgians understand the attack on Océane is not to sit down with Benjamin Netanyahu. It is to sit down with the girls who punched her and find out how to make them feel welcome in Belgium.

+

What rot! What sane human being wants to sit down with anti-Semites who beat up thirteen year olds? People who do that sort of thing should not be welcomed in any society. Muslims who find excuses for it should stay in Muslim societies and leave the rest of us alone.

This has to be one of the dumbest articles articles I've ever read.
Really?

How novel: a kid gets beaten up and picked on by her classmates because she's different.

Wow, that's never happened before.

Because in the rest of the world, that never happens. For example, in Israel, no group of Jewish kids have never beaten up a minority kid in a schoolyard fight because he/she is different...right?

The article might be dumb, but this thread is even dumber.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:21 PM

12,030 posts, read 6,561,999 times
Almost every war or mass violent outbreak on this planet is from Muslims hating and fighting some other religious or racial group---Muslims hating and fighting the Jews, the Christians, the Hindus, the Buddhists, and even other Muslim sects they don't agree with. No other religion is causing this kind of hate-filled violence, rhetoric, and terrorism---yet we are all too intimidated by them to tell it like it really is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies