Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 02:25 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Well, there you go. Comments and assertions don't get a whole lot dumber than that.

Somewhere between no one being allowed past security and making a big deal about losing a cup-cake.
See, you think it's no big deal that the TSA confiscated that cupcake because the icing was a "gel like substance" on their list.

And for my statement..yeah..couldn't possibly happen, not here in the US. Our government is only out to protect us from ourselves..right ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 02:30 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
See, you think it's no big deal that the TSA confiscated that cupcake because the icing was a "gel like substance" on their list.
I think it is no big deal. They can have all my cupcakes they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan
And for my statement..yeah..couldn't possibly happen, not here in the US. Our government is only out to protect us from ourselves..right ?
No. It couldn't possibly happen because it is irremediably stupid.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:30 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Oh my... another amateur pretending to comment on cost accounting. I assure you, the percentage of that budget earmarked to confiscate cupcakes is small.

And in so doing takes the argument from ridiculous to absurd. And anyone who believes they provide no security at all has already abdicated the argument in favor a descent into an alternate reality within which no argument is meaningful.
You calling anyone an amateur is quite rich since you don't even understand that the Billions spent on "cupcake confiscation" was a euphemism, even after it was explained to you. How dense is that? No one claimed Billions were being spent on just collecting cupcakes Are you capable of participating in an adult conversation on anything?

And no, the TSA provides no added security at all ...it's a total illusion just as the pretext for creating DHS to begin with was. But the TSA tactics are like installing three dead bolts on your front door, and two surveillance cameras, only to leave the back door wide open and unattended. Ground crews and airport employees come and go at will, totally bypassing security ... and that includes the common baggage handlers, many of whom have been discovered to be felons, illegal aliens, etc. Any real terrorist could easily get a job, bypass security entirely and smuggle a bomb in and place it in the cargo. The whole thing is a total dog and pony show, offering the illusion if security for the intellectually challenged who feel safer by standing in line smelling everyone's stinky feet, and getting a latex gloved genital massage. TSA might have the sense and the procedures to nab one of these "patsy retards" that try to light their shoe on fire or stuff fire crackers in their tighty whities ... but other than that, this three stooges show is for folks like you!

Quote:
Such a position can only be maintained by somebody who does not travel. I go through airports a minimum of 4 times a month. I have never once seen any behavior that was foul or inappropriate, nor have I ever seen a single person object to the security process or even complain about it. It is simply no big deal to almost 2 million Americans who fly every day.
Once again, such an asinine comment. So it is only those who don't actually travel in airplanes that are complaining about TSA sticking their hands down their pants? That's what you are saying? Where is this sexual assault occurring? At the freaking grocery store? I think it's pretty obvious that anyone having a bad experience with the TSA was likely having it in the airport. That just seems rather obvious, but apparently not obvious enough.

There is not and never has been a single government agency (with the exception of the IRS) that has been subject of more public complaint. So I don't know what planet you are living on .. but here on planet earth, TSA is not a very popular agency .. and to make such comments just shows how out of touch with reality you are.

Hint .... Clue ... just because you haven't seen something doesn't mean it doesn't exist, and just because you make a claim doesn't make it true.

Quote:
This entire anti-TSA "thing" is frankly a bizarre artifact of the Web Forum Echo Chamber. Within the vast mainstream of actual people who are in a position to care, airport security is a minor annoyance and the TSA is simply an organization trying to do a tough job the best they can.
You are in such a supreme minority, and yet you think you speak for the majority. WOW ... you really are "out there" and I can only speculate about the source of that "echo chamber".

Quote:
LOL... sorry guy, but you abdicated the right to take any such a position months ago when you insisted that "thermic lances" had something to do with thermite.
You characterize the the argument as I recall .... claiming no such thing existed as a thermite lance, or thermite charges as well. And I proved you wrong then, yet you're too dense to even realize it apparently, since you have continued to mention it dozens of times in unrelated discussions.

Frankly, if I were you, I'd find and use a much better example of one of my relatively rare errors if you care to be so juvenile, though I will let you wonder what that might be.

Here is a document that discusses the testing of Thermite Lances, AND Thermite Shaped Charges ... and Thermite based Explosives ... which you previously claimed didn't exist. So, please feel free to continue claiming that the moon is made of cream cheese.

www.itep.ws/pdf/FOI_Rapport.pdf

Old 01-11-2012, 04:36 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
hey TSA cheerleader dude, why don't they bother securing the public areas of the airport where a gunman or bomber could easily take down a lot of people?

Old 01-11-2012, 04:37 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,174,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Haven't they ever seen gel icing or cake boss?

Hell we made a birthday cake for my son with frosting that looked like blue water. Nice and shiny.

TSA is a waste of money for the benefit it provides.
What benefit?

TSA is setup for the sole purpose of testing the limitation of the people's will.

Why do you think NDAA is passed?

Old 01-11-2012, 04:48 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
What benefit?

TSA is setup for the sole purpose of testing the limitation of the people's will.

Why do you think NDAA is passed?
Yes ... it's imposing the "will and power" of authority over the sheep and making them feel helpless and overpowered ... compliant cowards and cowering fools who will even allow these 3rd rate government goons to grope their wives and children while they stand impotent and in total silence.

It's disgusting. Plain old fashioned disgusting behavior on both sides. The perpetrators are disgusting and the compliant geldings who roll over and submit on command may even be MORE disgusting.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:56 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,438,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Umm, maybe because TSA themselves don't treat these items as dangerous explosives. They toss them into regular old trash cans directly next to the checkpoint. If these items were so hazardous that they can't go pass the checkpoint, then why aren't they properly disposed of? I've worked in airports and I've seen TSA workers play "water bottle basketball" one too many times to believe these people think these items are a legit threat.
My local airport has a bin specific to dispose of liquids at the gate. It looks like it's armored and is pretty hefty. It's been out of service for the past two years, and out of three dozen flights during that time I've seen it used zero times.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:56 PM

19 posts, read 9,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Yes ... it's imposing the "will and power" of authority over the sheep and making them feel helpless and overpowered ... compliant cowards and cowering fools who will even allow these 3rd rate government goons to grope their wives and children while they stand impotent and in total silence.

It's disgusting. Plain old fashioned disgusting behavior on both sides. The perpetrators are disgusting and the compliant geldings who roll over and submit on command may even be MORE disgusting.
And what are you going to do about it? The TSA is here to stay and you had better damn well accept that it's for your own good and our safety.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:06 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,438,992 times
I find it interesting that for all of the thundering about wastage in Government, Homeland Security and specifically the TSA are two government agencies that never get thrown on the list to cut by any candidates.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:42 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
Cupcake confiscation doesn't surprise me. The last time I visited my mother in Florida, she sent me home with a jar of homemade vegetable soup. That is to say, she thought she was sending me home with a jar of homemade vegetable soup. TSA relieved me of this potentially perilous burden at the airport--three cheers for preserving national security, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies