Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 11:25 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times

Advertisements

Proportionally, who kills more people every day by racial group? Rich white people, or poor black people?

Now thats not saying anything against their race, but it is a fact that there are more violent crime in poor minority communities, period.

The reason more poor black people are getting the electric chair? Because most of them deserve some measure of punishment. I'm not here to debate the death penalty, but most of them are guilty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 11:29 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Proportionally, who kills more people every day by racial group? Rich white people, or poor black people?

Now thats not saying anything against their race, but it is a fact that there are more violent crime in poor minority communities, period.
If you include wars, I'd say rich white people. How many did Stalin and Hitler kill? How many Vietnamese did the US government kill? It's also silly to compare crime rates between poor people and rich people.

Quote:
The reason more poor black people are getting the electric chair? Because most of them deserve some measure of punishment. I'm not here to debate the death penalty, but most of them are guilty.
I don't want the government to decide who gets to live and who gets to die.

Last edited by Savoir Faire; 01-10-2012 at 11:40 PM..

Old 01-10-2012, 11:30 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
And do you know the reason behind that?

I will give you a hint...... Private property rights.

Quit trying to spin everything to try to fit your agenda.

If you open a business do you think it is okay for the government to tell you who you can and cannot hire?
*Yawn*! We've heard that before. Apparently you are unfamiliar with the public accomodations part of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. It's not just who you can hire, in fact, it's not even who you can hire. Hiring discrimination is hard to prove. Your guru thinks it's OK to refuse to do business with blacks on the basis of property rights. That's a little easier to prove, especially if you hang out a sing that says "No Blacks".

Old 01-10-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
If you include wars, I'd say rich white people. How many did Stalin and Hitler kill? How many Vietnamese did the US government kill?

I don't want the government to decide who gets to live and who gets to die.
We aren't talking about wars, we are talking about the United States, domestically, over the last 20 years.

Like I said, I mean nothing racial by that, but it is a fact that poor minorities have a higher murder rate then any other minority group.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Like I said, I mean nothing racial by that, but it is a fact that poor minorities have a higher murder rate then any other minority group.
So poor minority areas have more crime than non poor minority areas. I'm shocked.

Getting back to the topic, Paul has no problem with a business hanging a sign that says "No blacks allowed" He feels the government has no right to intervene, unless a clinic or hospital wants to perform an abortion, then private property rights go out the window.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
So poor minority areas have more crime than non poor minority areas. I'm shocked.

Getting back to the topic, Paul has no problem with a business hanging a sign that says "No blacks allowed" He feels the government has no right to intervene, unless a clinic or hospital wants to perform an abortion, then private property rights go out the window.
I'm not surprised by that fact also, but Dr. Paul is suggesting that there is some kind of institutional racism that causes more poor minority folks to be imprisoned. That isn't the case, its because more of them commit more crimes.

I'm talking about the thread topic, Dr. Pauls hypothesis and argument don't hold water.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:45 PM

Quote:
I'm not surprised by that fact also, but Dr. Paul is suggesting that there is some kind of institutional racism that causes more poor minority folks to be imprisoned. That isn't the case, its because more of them commit more crimes.

I'm talking about the thread topic, Dr. Pauls hypothesis and argument don't hold water.
So Blacks use drugs at much higher rates than Whites?

Old 01-10-2012, 11:50 PM

Quote:
So Blacks use drugs at much higher rates than Whites?
Illegal drugs? Yeah, probably. Again because of their social station and income level, not race. Whites take a lot of drugs though, counting alcohol and legal pills. Nothing about their race there, just that they can afford the legal stuff.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Illegal drugs? Yeah, probably. .
Do you have any stats to back that up.

Quote:
Again because of their social station and income level, not race. Whites take a lot of drugs though, counting alcohol and legal pills. Nothing about their race there, just that they can afford the legal stuff.
So having less money means you are more likely to use illegal drugs and less likely to use alcohol? that makes no sense. Most narcotic prescription drugs are illegal if you don't have a prescription.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Do you have any stats to back that up.

So having less money means you are more likely to use illegal drugs and less likely to use alcohol? that makes no sense. Most narcotic prescription drugs are illegal if you don't have a prescription.
No stats off the top of my head, no, but from personal experience and from what I've seen in stats before, yes, minorities and poor people use more drugs and commit more violent crime then other racial groups and social status. I will look through some stuff later.

No, You asked what drugs they were using. I am saying that rich white people still use drugs, they are just legal drugs. Poor minorities seem to use more illegal drugs. You don't see millionaires on meth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies