Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2012, 11:17 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,674,903 times

Advertisements

And this is from a libertarian magazine. This is true. We don't need a military.

3 Reasons Conservatives Should Cut Defense Spending Now! - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 11:36 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
We don't need a military.
The second I saw that, I knew the OP is not dealing with reality, and that is that.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:46 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
And this is from a libertarian magazine. This is true. We don't need a military.

3 Reasons Conservatives Should Cut Defense Spending Now! - YouTube
Yep, we are winding down in Afghanistan and all troops are home from Iraq. What will we do with no military when our President decides we must go after Iran or some other ME countries.

Your video forgot to mention that DDE was a Democrat, registered and voting, all his adult life although he refused to run for the Dems in 1952. He was not a Democrat although he may have been a RINO while President.

One of the best ways to cut back on the military is to throw all those coming back from combat out of the service at which time the 8.6% unemployment numbers would rise steeply. Do you think Obama wants that?

Old 01-11-2012, 12:07 PM

[quote=roysoldboy;22497735]Yep, we are winding down in Afghanistan and all troops are home from Iraq. What will we do with no military when our President decides we must go after Iran or some other ME countries.

Your video forgot to mention that DDE was a Democrat, registered and voting, all his adult life although he refused to run for the Dems in 1952. He was not a Democrat although he may have been a RINO while President.

One of the best ways to cut back on the military is to throw all those coming back from combat out of the service at which time the 8.6% unemployment numbers would rise steeply. Do you think Obama wants that?[/quote]

Obama does not, Paul on the other hand..............

On the issue of the military we agree, this Nation Must have a Strong Military.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:37 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
[quote=Casper in Dallas;22498078]
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Yep, we are winding down in Afghanistan and all troops are home from Iraq. What will we do with no military when our President decides we must go after Iran or some other ME countries.

One of the best ways to cut back on the military is to throw all those coming back from combat out of the service at which time the 8.6% unemployment numbers would rise steeply. Do you think Obama wants that?[/quote]

Obama does not, Paul on the other hand..............

On the issue of the military we agree, this Nation Must have a Strong Military.
We agree on many things but this is one of the most important ones. We surely do agree about Paul not being a wise choice and the military is sure as hell one of his worst ideas.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:58 PM

[quote=roysoldboy;22498524]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post

We agree on many things but this is one of the most important ones. We surely do agree about Paul not being a wise choice and the military is sure as hell one of his worst ideas.
His stand on the Military is the main show stopper for me when it comes to RP, he would endanger this Nation and that is totally unacceptable for me. And while I can see some Lefties liking the idea of us being a weak Nation when i comes to the military, what I do not get is the many conservatives that back Paul going along with this, ave they lost their senses? One of the major reasons I respected the GOP in years past was their belief in maintaining a strong military, these days I have no idea who many of the so-called Republicans really are. My guess is that the GOP has had an influx of Libertarians that use it to get elected, RP is a good example of this. Sooner or later just as the Democratic Party should rid themselves of the extremists within their Party, so should the GOP purge themselves of these interlopers that do not belong in the GOP tent, let them fend for themselves and maybe the GOP can once again get Independent voters to back more of their candidates.[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 01-11-2012, 01:46 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,200,125 times
As a libertarian I have always advocated cutting military and entitlement programs (specifically phasing out social security, medicare, medicaid) as the top two methods of starting to get our economy back under control.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:33 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
As a libertarian I have always advocated cutting military and entitlement programs (specifically phasing out social security, medicare, medicaid) as the top two methods of starting to get our economy back under control.
Getting rid of Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security would destroy the economy. That's some mighty fine economics 101 failure right there.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:56 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,200,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Getting rid of Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security would destroy the economy. That's some mighty fine economics 101 failure right there.
Since you are apparently the expert, please explain how this would 'destroy the economy'. Social security has returns 1/8 of what a person would get in the stock market over the same time period. Phasing out social security (in a way where people who paid in still get funding) would increase the money retirees get by eight times! Medicare and Medicaid tell a similar story.

So if by 'destroy the economy' you mean 'grow money faster for ordinary citizens', then you would be right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies