Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2012, 10:12 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,603,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Your ignorance shines once again.
*YAWWWWWNNNNNNS*

Yeah, ok, whatever, recom. I am content to leave the final judgement of which side made the best case to others who will read all this. I don't have time to keep up with this silly stuff up all night long. Especially when you and I BOTH know the outsome, truly! I'll rejoin tomorow or something. You are not even a worthy opponent!

You have a good un' now, ya heah? G'night!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 10:13 PM

57 posts, read 35,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
Man,those rednecks are clean cut looking southerners insuits and ties.That's one of the good things.While the yankees go on with their stereotypes we are putting those Confederate flag fliers in college.The South's future looks bright indeed with many more Confederate holidays to come.God I love the South
david duke would be so proud of the suits and ties....

Old 01-11-2012, 10:14 PM

646 posts, read 801,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
And what about the many Tennesseans who fought for or supported the Union?
Your welcome to visit their graves

Old 01-11-2012, 10:16 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,008,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Come back when you have anything to contribute.....this doesn't constitute a contribution.
Compared to who? You? If we're judging on that, you were sunk 10 pages ago.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:17 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
*YAWWWWWNNNNNNS*

Yeah, ok, whatever, recom. I am content to leave the final judgement of which side made the best case to others who will read all this. I don't have time to keep up with this silly stuff up all night long. Especially when you and I BOTH know the outsome, truly!

You have a good now, ya heah?
Glad to see my last post knock the sanctimonious b.s. out of you, yeah go get some sleep.

While you're at it, say a prayer for your kinsman in the black hand...

America is the outcome, not the self imposed importance of a few losers and a few wealthy cotton growers leading them by the nose, into an insurrection.

Where they got their asses handed to them.

Ya Heah!!

Old 01-11-2012, 10:18 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
Compared to who? You? If we're judging on that, you were sunk 10 pages ago.
Okay...bye then!!!

Old 01-11-2012, 10:19 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,228,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
Your welcome to visit their graves
So all Southerners aren't equally part of Southern heritage to you, I take it. Only those who rebelled against the United States.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:26 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,228,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
The important thing, really? Is not what YOU think of them, but what THEY would think of YOU, today. Ever look at it from THAT angle?
No, why on earth would I and why would their views be more important?

In any event, I don't particularly have opinions of them good or bad regarding their involvement. It is what it is (or was). What is more relevant is current views of that time and in particular of the Confederacy.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:28 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
I don't see why the soldiers on the Southern side are any more "heroic" than those on the Northern side. Why would a rational American in 2012 honor one side while vilifying the other? Seems to me that the whole thing was an unfortunate mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Read the slave narratives..its all there..they were happy.
I call bull**** on this. Show the evidence that support the argument that a majority - or any material percentage - of the slaves were happy being property of white people, complete with all of the substandard treatment and human rights that went with it. They may have become as content as possible under the circumstances - after all they had to adapt - but that's not the same thing as CHOOSING to be a slave if the choice was there (which it wasn't). If they were so happy being subjugated by white people, then why did the civil rights movement happen? Were people like Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks just exceptions? Go to black people anywhere today and ask if they would be happy being slaves to white people.

Last edited by ambient; 01-11-2012 at 11:19 PM..

Old 01-11-2012, 10:45 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,172 times
New York City Democrats supported the South during the Civil War.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies