Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 07:30 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The Civil War belongs in a museum.

Yes, along with all other wars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 07:31 PM

646 posts, read 801,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Which is about the ceiling of your intellectual ability, thanks anyway!!!
All you can do is talk about my screen name and attack.I don't apoligize about Leo Frank or Fort Pillow

Old 01-11-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Reflect on the lives lost in a needless and ultimately futile conflict, sure. Memorial Day is a good day for that.
Correct. It was a needless war, and that's why Lincoln is the worst president this country has had. He killed almost a million US citizens for no reason. It could have been avoided.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Heroes? No.

The soldiers that fought on the side of the South are exactly equal to those who fought on the side of Hitler, only for a different system of racial oppression.
Like those in Boston? The seat of slavery?

German soldiers should be honored just like all others. They fought for their country. That's no different than any other soldier.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:35 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,856,223 times
I like to fry fish and drink 7 Up on the Juneteenth Holiday!

Old 01-11-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Regardless, most people who admire Confederate leaders or who fly the Confederate flag are racists, plain and simple.
And did you do a survey? Or is this just your fertile imagination?

Old 01-11-2012, 07:36 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,598,982 times
Quote:
If a misspelled word proves your point then I've been proved wrong, if a misspelled word doesn't prove your point then it just means you were being a boorish ass...which one???
No, it means you are just lashing out with a lame excuse for your inability to distinguish between word meanings!

Uhhh, reconmark? Believe me, if it were just a matter of misspelling or typo? I would never have given it a second thought. Hell, I do it all the time.

No, the ISSUE I wanted to address is that you obviously -- for all your lecturing on the history of motivations of the Southern states -- do not even understand -- nor apparently care too -- the differences between "sucession" and "secession" in terms of application as to clarity. For example? It is easy to mispell a word. I do it ALL the time. Oh lord do I EVER! LOL

However? Just to say (after all, I figure a person of your obvious knowledge about history should know this), Tennessee "succeeded" South Carolina in "secession."

Quote:
Now comes the silly assed excuse.."oh, we only imported slaves to the South because the Northerners forced us to"..really.
ROFLMAO Making an excuse for what? Hell, I didn't even live back then, did you?

The first colony to legalize slavery was Massachusetts. The slave trade was totally in the hands of northern shipping merchants. They made a great living off of it.

Here is the link again! In fact, I am going to directly link something about northern profits on it. And a few other sub-links! You don't like it? Tough shlt.

Slavery in the North

Slavery Denial

Northern Profits from Slavery

Quote:
The South was so spineless they couldn't refuse the importation of human chattel onto privately owned southern farms...Jesus will the deflection ever cease??

UHHmm, exactly which Northern States are celebrating chattel slavery???...right, NONE!!!

Northern slavery is a topic for another thread, it's only brought up by you as a half assed attempt at justifying the backwards society that chose to succeed from the country, turn traitorous, and treat people lower then animals.

All this to maintain wealth and a false sense of racial superiority.

Now, you can go debate with someone else about taxes, importation and all the other revisionist crap you want to, that purports to justify treason.

I'm not foolish enough to debate whether fire is hot enough, and I'm not foolish enough to debate that the South wasn't a society of bigots and selfish whites who wanted to maintain a kingdom based on human toil.
As the old phrase goes, are you getting a bit frustrated and testy and all? GOOD! I will direct you to the posts above for a few other things to get testy and frustrated about!

You have a good evenin', now...and happy reading! You heah?

Old 01-11-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
This is absolutely false, and I suspect you know it.

The economic war was over the states' right to enable rich whites to own black people.

Period.

If you knew your history, and if you were familiar with the secession resolutions adopted by the traitors you would know that.
If you knew your history you would know your post is totally false.

They weren't traitors any more than Washington and Adams were.

Robert E Lee is a magnificent American hero on the same level as George Washington. Both fought for what they thought was right and for their freedom.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:38 PM

57 posts, read 35,672 times
Quote:
Actually, I'm not some inbred bigot that believes taking the screen name, that celebrated the torture and lynching of an innocent man was an honorable deed.

Actually my screen name doesn't celebrate Southern whites getting back at the "filthy northern Jew"

Actually my screen name doesn't celebrate the white men who became prominent southerners after undermining their own judicial system.
Leo Frank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So why don't you tell us the reason for this screen name??
Yeah, pretty much smacks of a low bred white person.

Pissing on their traitors headstones is a lot more merciful than most of their "heroric" deeds!!

Fort Pillow Massacre
Another officer of the unit, however, and the only surviving officers of the 13th Tennessee Cavalry attested to the characterization that unarmed soldiers were killed in the act of surrendering. However, a Confederate sergeant, in a letter written home shortly after the battle said that "the poor, deluded negroes would run up to our men, fall upon their knees, and with uplifted hand scream for mercy, but were ordered to their feet and then shot down."[14] This account is consistent with the relatively high comparative casualties sustained by race of the defenders.

The blacks and their officers were shot down, bayoneted and put to the sword in cold blood... . Out of four hundred negro soldiers only about twenty survive! At least three hundred of them were destroyed after the surrender! This is the statement of the rebel General Chalmers himself to our informant.[

On April 17, 1864, in the aftermath of Fort Pillow, Grant ordered General Benjamin F. Butler, who was negotiating prisoner exchanges with the Confederacy, to demand that in the exchange and treatment of prisoners, black prisoners had to be treated identically to whites. A failure to do so would "be regarded as a refusal on their part to agree to the further exchange of prisoners, and [would] be so treated by us."[20] This demand was refused and Confederate Secretary of War Seddon in June 1864 stated the confederate position:

I doubt, however, whether the exchange of negroes at all for our soldiers would be tolerated. As to the white officers serving with negro troops, we ought never to be inconvenienced with such prisoners.[21]
Battle of Fort Pillow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah, I'd **** on their treasonous graves!!!

Actually I would consider some people too ignorant to know the difference between "Detroit" and "Metro Detroit Area"

Tell you what, come to Bloomfield, Mi and compare it to where you live. Then let's talk about filthy cities..

Soon to be deleted as "off topic".
I was wondering how many people posting in this thread actually knew the history behind that "screen" name and how perverse it is to be using that name in a thread celebrating the "Confederacy." People who don't already know would do well to google Leo Frank and Mary Phagan.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudcommando View Post
I refuse to honor a bunch of traitors.

So, you don't honor Washington and Adams? That's your choice, but it's very short sighted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies