Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 05:52 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
I said 'pet', genius.
Please, that one just wants attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 07:51 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Shocking, isn't it?

We ran across two puppies (probably six weeks old) dumped on the roadside about four years ago. The temps were south of 30 degrees and night was falling. Fortunately, it seemed as though they were only recently dumped. They certainly would not have survived the night.

We took them home and kept them for a few weeks. A friend with a five year old child wanted them, so we gave the pups to them (we already had two dogs and two cats). The kids were pissed off that we gave up the pups, but we have a covenant that restricts more than two dogs in one household.

I really wonder what goes through someone's head when they do this. They could just drop off the pets (no questions asked) at the ARL. We get all our pets from the ARL, as they need good homes.
Thats probably why they dumped them that night! It happens all the time or they are thrown in water to drown.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:55 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
OMG, how horrible. We live on the outskirts of a very small town, surrounded by farms and woods, and the area is overrun with feral cats. People just abandon tiny kittens and older cats, too, to fend for themselves, and they reproduce. Spay and neuter your pets, people, PLEASE! We presently have five - four kittens (a litter of cuties that I got sapped into keeping), and a crabby seven-year-old spinster grey tabby who resents the newcomers.
I have rescued 3 feral kittens 2 older ones are about to be neutered and theo there one when old enough. The wild mom of one of the litters we caught and fixed she was tame when she was dumped with her 2 kittens when she came to our place. It took a while for her to gain our trust but worth it to be able to fix her.
If people would just be responsible and spay and neuter.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:56 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Hero Labrador Rescues Newborn Kittens Left to Die on Iowa Highway | TakePart - News, Culture, Videos and Photos That Make the World Better

What kind of a jerkwad, missing link from man's past, degenerate, throws a bunch of baby kittens in a bag and dumps them on the highway?

Better yet, could a jury of my "PEERS", actually convict me of a crime if I caught someone doing this and dealt with them, the same way they were doing to these helpless creatures.

Yes, I know a human life vs a kitten, but seriously? How can you be human, and treat a group of helpless and defenseless creatures like this person did. How can you even justify a person's existence who would do this, let alone THINK of doing this to another creature.

We aren't talking of killing for food, or anything. We are discussing a cold-hearted loser who couldn't be bothered to take this kittens to the shelter. I mean really, it takes less effort to call the shelter or someone to come get the kittens than it would to do what this person did.....

My real question...

If they were to even catch the person who did this, what punishment should they receive?

Personally, I think their name and picture along with the complete details should across the front page of every newspaper across the country. Let every know what kind of person this person really is. Then, whatever local fine/punishment is assessed should take place also. (Though I personally kinda like the idea if tying him up so he's helpless and tossing him on a highway and let him feel the terror that these poor creatures felt. I am not suggesting that he be run over, but have a few cars drive by him so he can hear them.....).
A jerk, too nice of word for this type of person, that Hell was created for? I would think so.

Old 01-12-2012, 08:07 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
All of the pets we have now are rescues, the ONLY pets we ever had that wasn't a rescue was one hamster out of 5 or 6 that our family has had, and a chinchilla. All of our cats that we have ever had, my Dove, all other previous pets, were all rescues. It's truly sad what some people do, and the amount of hurt, pain, suffering, loneliness that some people impart on the animals who did not ask for it.

Good for you. It is the same with us. A dog is a dog, regardless of whether they are from the ARL or a purebred champ. I prefer the mutts. It is the same for cats.

Old 01-12-2012, 08:20 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
personally i think anyone caught dumping animals anywhere but at a proper shelter should be stripped to the waist, chained to a tree in public, and anyone who passes by should be able to purchase the opportunity to give the offender ten lashes. this would go on for a week, and all monies raised, plus what ever fines the courts decide to levy, would go to support various animal shelters.

Old 01-13-2012, 05:45 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,858,570 times
II share the outrage. many people are not responsible to raise pets, sadly many have kids, like they can do that any better.

I'm afraid I would see nothing should someone like this be dealt with harshly. Seriously officer they jumped in front of the car, it must have been from their guilt.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:17 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
Dump cats How terrible! ( throwing them to the hogs is easier)

Old 01-13-2012, 06:30 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
What kink of jerk does this? same kind of jerk that puts his sick dog in a carrier on top of a car for 12 hours. These are called malicious selfish p**cks.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:34 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:
Hero Labrador Rescues Newborn Kittens Left to Die on Iowa Highway | TakePart - News, Culture, Videos and Photos That Make the World Better

What kind of a jerkwad, missing link from man's past, degenerate, throws a bunch of baby kittens in a bag and dumps them on the highway?

Better yet, could a jury of my "PEERS", actually convict me of a crime if I caught someone doing this and dealt with them, the same way they were doing to these helpless creatures.

Yes, I know a human life vs a kitten, but seriously? How can you be human, and treat a group of helpless and defenseless creatures like this person did. How can you even justify a person's existence who would do this, let alone THINK of doing this to another creature.

We aren't talking of killing for food, or anything. We are discussing a cold-hearted loser who couldn't be bothered to take this kittens to the shelter. I mean really, it takes less effort to call the shelter or someone to come get the kittens than it would to do what this person did.....

My real question...

If they were to even catch the person who did this, what punishment should they receive?

Personally, I think their name and picture along with the complete details should across the front page of every newspaper across the country. Let every know what kind of person this person really is. Then, whatever local fine/punishment is assessed should take place also. (Though I personally kinda like the idea if tying him up so he's helpless and tossing him on a highway and let him feel the terror that these poor creatures felt. I am not suggesting that he be run over, but have a few cars drive by him so he can hear them.....).
One word, sociopath, no remorse. no guilt, no feelings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies