U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-12-2012, 09:18 AM
 
23,837 posts, read 21,555,758 times
Reputation: 9398

Advertisements

More than 980 days has passed since the Democratic Controlled Senate under the leadership of Harry Reid has passed a budget.

If this doesn't make you want to vomit, then check out these nuggets and decide for yourself why American's are against altering the tax code to satisfy Democrat's demand for more money to throw at pet projects.

Quote:
Another inconvenient fact: It is the Republicans who passed — through the House, the only branch of government they control — a real budget that cut $5.8 trillion of spending over the next 10 years. Obama’s February budget, which would have increased spending, was laughed out of the Senate, voted down 97-0. As for the Democratic Senate, it has submitted no budget at all for two and a half years.
Quote:
Why would Americans at any income level be willing to send Washington more money when Senate Democrats can't even show them where the money will go?
More Than 950 Days Since Senate Democrats Passed a Budget - Katie Pavlich
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-12-2012, 10:02 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,067 posts, read 78,742,394 times
Reputation: 27668
Because they can continue to get away with emergency spending bills which keep budgets at previously high levels and just raise the debt ceiling when they have too much debt.

Loopholes keep the ponzi game running.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2012, 10:03 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth Texas
12,481 posts, read 9,581,414 times
Reputation: 2532
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
More than 980 days has passed since the Democratic Controlled Senate under the leadership of Harry Reid has passed a budget.

If this doesn't make you want to vomit, then check out these nuggets and decide for yourself why American's are against altering the tax code to satisfy Democrat's demand for more money to throw at pet projects.





More Than 950 Days Since Senate Democrats Passed a Budget - Katie Pavlich
And they blame the house which has actually passed a budget and sent it to them
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2012, 10:45 AM
 
23,837 posts, read 21,555,758 times
Reputation: 9398
This thread is noticeably quiet. This tells me that Democrats and Liberals know they have boarded a sinking ship that will be hit the ocean floor in November 2012.

The sickening part is that partisanship actually prevents them from being peeved at the very government they elected. This should outrage everyone.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2012, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,067 posts, read 78,742,394 times
Reputation: 27668
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
This thread is noticeably quiet. This tells me that Democrats and Liberals know they have boarded a sinking ship that will be hit the ocean floor in November 2012.

The sickening part is that partisanship actually prevents them from being peeved at the very government they elected. This should outrage everyone.
Heh..if you ignore it then it just might quietly go away..like this thread
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2012, 12:33 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth Texas
12,481 posts, read 9,581,414 times
Reputation: 2532
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
This thread is noticeably quiet. This tells me that Democrats and Liberals know they have boarded a sinking ship that will be hit the ocean floor in November 2012.

The sickening part is that partisanship actually prevents them from being peeved at the very government they elected. This should outrage everyone.
They can ignore the thread but they can not ignore the truth you have spoken
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2012, 10:00 AM
 
23,837 posts, read 21,555,758 times
Reputation: 9398
Make that 1003 days now of Democratic Failure Of Leadership™. Barack Obama, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi. All to blame, yet no outrage from the Left. The silence is deafening.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2012, 11:43 AM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,884 posts, read 30,912,175 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Make that 1003 days now of Democratic Failure Of Leadership™. Barack Obama, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi. All to blame, yet no outrage from the Left. The silence is deafening.
They haven't found any left blog info to use here and have failed to use deflection this time because they can't deflect from something as obvious as Dirty Harry's methods of financing the Officer in Charge.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2012, 11:51 AM
 
Location: Gone
25,230 posts, read 15,627,945 times
Reputation: 5921
Passing a Partisan Budget that they know will not get past the Senate and no willingness by the House to compromise in anyway, is NOT passing a realistic budget. But you already know that and are simply spreading your typical right-wing propaganda.
Nothing new here folks same old right-wing BS, something better suited to being used in a garden to get your roses to grow better.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2012, 11:55 AM
 
41,725 posts, read 22,737,257 times
Reputation: 9672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Passing a Partisan Budget that they know will not get past the Senate and no willingness by the House to compromise in anyway, is NOT passing a realistic budget. But you already know that and are simply spreading your typical right-wing propaganda.
Nothing new here folks same old right-wing BS, something better suited to being used in a garden to get your roses to grow better.
What about when the house and the senate were controlled by the dems............
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:09 PM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top