Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 08:18 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
That thread had many opposing it because of corporate welfare being used in the form of incentives.
Well, that is the fundamental premise of tax cuts, isn't it?

Old 01-13-2012, 08:18 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
That thread had many opposing it because of corporate welfare being used in the form of incentives.
The same people who normally support tax cuts/credits suddenly opposed them because Obama proposed them. That's my point exactly.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:19 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I don't expect conservatives to be able to see logic, hence your conclusions. Pulling things out of thin air is their fundamental premise, and there is no reason why they would apply their idea of "logic" everywhere.
LMAO - you're talking about liberals

Old 01-13-2012, 08:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The same people who normally support tax cuts/credits suddenly opposed them because Obama proposed them. That's my point exactly.
And the ones that want to tax the rich and end corporate welfare also suddenly embraced it.

That was one odd thread yesterday. The ones normally against it were for it and the ones normally for it were against it.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:22 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,724,250 times
Quote:
Do you really think he will personally pore over the details? Come on now.

Of course you, and many others will oppose it. The problem is that many people do not support or oppose any issues, they only support or oppose people and parties. Yesterday we had people oppose the idea of bringing jobs back to US from India only because it was suggested by Obama. I am sure they would have supported it if it had been proposed by a representative from their own party.

You are exactly RIGHT!!! I oppose any idea proposed by Barack Obama because he is not qualified to propose anything. He does not have any experience doing anything besides community organizing and being a back-bench senator for Illinois. Barry has NO CREDIBILITY.

If this was proposed by Mitt Romney then I would give it serious consideration because he has actually ACCOMPLISHED this before in the private sector and with the Olympics.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:22 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
That represents the conservative idea of "logic".

Quote:
And the ones that want to tax the rich and end corporate welfare also suddenly embraced it.
And it is merely a right wing perception that tax cuts is a conservative trademark. Well, trade it is for them, but Keynesian economics suggests such moves.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:27 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Actually if they really want to get objective about it hire an outside firm so that NO ONE in Congress has a say because all Congress will do is fight with each other it and, as usual, nothing will get done.

Even better..bring in Lou Gerstner who has a track record of streamlining and bringing back troubled companies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_V._Gerstner,_Jr.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:35 AM

Quote:
That was one odd thread yesterday. The ones normally against it were for it and the ones normally for it were against it.
It was odd in the sense that you would not expect to find anyone opposed to bringing jobs back to US, but yet there were many opposing it for partisan reasons.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:38 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
It was odd in the sense that you would not expect to find anyone opposed to bringing jobs back to US, but yet there were many opposing it for partisan reasons.
"Insourcing" may not be so great for the economy actually. It can result in increased costs for employers which could cause them to cut jobs or to raise prices, leading to inflation, or to go out of business, obviously causing job losses.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
You are exactly RIGHT!!! I oppose any idea proposed by Barack Obama because he is not qualified to propose anything. He does not have any experience doing anything besides community organizing and being a back-bench senator for Illinois. Barry has NO CREDIBILITY.

If this was proposed by Mitt Romney then I would give it serious consideration because he has actually ACCOMPLISHED this before in the private sector and with the Olympics.
So, if Obama and Romney propose the same idea, you will oppose it when Obama says it, and support it when Romney says it?

You are a walking and talking definition of the partisan spirit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies