Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 12:54 PM

5,003 posts, read 12,346,030 times

Advertisements

If you're pissed off about these ads, sign a petition. One recent one sent in 150,000 signatures and 3,300 calls.

I have a hard time believing that the loss of viewership due to these hateful and disgusting ads and thus loss of revenue is less than the legal fees imposed on whoever is airing the super bowl this year.

I am personally going to boycott the super bowl this year over this. I'll also write my congressmen to close the legal loophole regarding this.

I also called both NBC and CBS to say that unfortunate "glitches" can and do occur during programming and an unfortunate "accident" can prevent airing that content.

Finally I'll be digging through the laws to see if there's anything more recent than 1934, which is when the laws regarding censorship of political messages was passed. I can't believe there isn't.

Mr. Terry said that a "political revolution" is needed in this country. Sorry Bozo. Stupid ads like this may be protected by the 1st amendment, but it doesn't protect you or any of your cronies from my fists, nor does this "message" help you. On the contrary it exposes you and anyone who enjoys seeing such filth for the scum of the earth that they are. Fringe cultists would relish at this, NOT normal people.

Last edited by eskercurve; 01-24-2012 at 01:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 07:44 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,546,427 times
There are 2 new petitions against this ad:

Women's Rights Petition: National Broadcasting Company: Tell NBC to reject ads of aborted bloody fetuses on Super Bowl Sunday | Change.org

Women's Rights Petition: Chairman, Federal Communications Commission: Forbid the airing of a graphic anti-choice ad during the Super Bowl | Change.org

And now some churches are urging people to join the protest against these ads too.

Sunday Bloody Sunday « Faith Forward

Old 01-24-2012, 09:19 PM
0-0

18 posts, read 25,751 times
Half of the people watching the super bowl are going to be under the age of 10. This is highly inappropriate. Little innocent children will be watching this. 4 year olds don't need that on there consciouce. The super bowl is supposed to be a fun family time. Not a depressing moment that steals innocence.

Shame on this idiot and his idiot supporters.

If this gos thru I will vote for pro choice out of spite and hatred for this moron, and I will use this ad to persuade people to vote for pro choice and oppose pro life, and for the record I am pro life, but if this goes thru I amm switching sides, cause I've had enough of the extremist morons that use it as a platform to abuse people.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:29 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,525,404 times
The abortion commercials are not going to be nationally shown. They are select cities...in other words, wherever this guy can force them to be shown cuz he's a candidate for the Democrat party in some election.

The other supposedly controversial ads? googling around did not bring them up, yet. Anyone have any links proving they are still going to air?

Old 01-24-2012, 10:09 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,546,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
The other supposedly controversial ads? googling around did not bring them up, yet. Anyone have any links proving they are still going to air?
What other ads are you referring to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies