Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2011, 08:31 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I don't believe people on here who say I don't agree but they should have the right. I'm sorry but if you want me and my kids to see our race made to seem as second class citizens by any person on any publicly visible property you do agree. If my child seen that sign telling them that its about property rights aint gonna cut it. Its about setting what society will and will not tolerate. Before you know it if I accidentally turn around on someone's property and they shoot me for it because they have a no blacks sign up some will say that is acceptable. If you say its OK you agree with it period. None of this ron paul I wouldn't go there but they can do it BS. Thats a cowards way out.
So, Where do we draw the line, if we don't allow someone on their own property to put a certain sign up, then they will use that as a reason to stop one from doing other things that violate our personal liberties. It all goes back to the constitution and what violates it and what does not. Personally I would rather know if someone does or doesn't want me on their property, regardless the reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 08:33 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
So, Where do we draw the line, if we don't allow someone on their own property to put a certain sign up, then they will use that as a reason to stop one from doing other things that violate our personal liberties. It all goes back to the constitution and what violates it and what does not. Personally I would rather know if someone does or doesn't want me on their property, regardless the reason.
You have no idea how a sign like that makes the group it is directed toward feel do you?

Old 12-14-2011, 08:34 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,449,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
The reason (hair chemicals) is a moot point. It's his property so he is free to discriminate against whoever he wants for whatever reason he wants. I don't agree with him, but it's still his right to do so.
If all of the tenants are helping to pay for pool maintenance, which most likely they are, then all of them should be able to use the pool. The stupid landlord could have simply put up a sign stating that people's hair must be free of any chemicals before entering the pool.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:37 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,921,797 times
what i dont get is this. the girl went to her parents place. the parents lived under this white landlord. the white landlord let the black parents move in with them. why is it a big deal with this landlord that this specific black girl used the pool when i assume other blacks have used it. what about this girl set the landlord off.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:39 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
You have no idea how a sign like that makes the group it is directed toward feel do you?
Well I thought about that, and lets just go with a no trespassing sign. Will that work?
I actually think the sign was directed toward the ghetto underclass thug blacks, if it makes you feel any better and how does one determine the difference? Should she have put a sign up saying "Blacks allowed except the ghetto thug variety".

Old 12-14-2011, 08:47 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,323,498 times
Despicable as this is, it's no different than the free speech that the Westboro Baptists hide behind. Free speech trumps their vile message the same way that private property rights trump what some idiot decides to do on his private property.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:50 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,921,797 times
Quote:
Despicable as this is, it's no different than the free speech that the Westboro Baptists hide behind. Free speech trumps their vile message the same way that private property rights trump what some idiot decides to do on his private property.
this is different. this has to do with housing. law says you cant use race as a factor.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:53 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
The reason (hair chemicals) is a moot point. It's his property so he is free to discriminate against whoever he wants for whatever reason he wants. I don't agree with him, but it's still his right to do so.
This was not a private home. This was a public pool at an apartment complex which falls under the . If tenants at the property pay their rent then they should have access to the pool regardless of their race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, etc.

The family of the little girl actually have the law on their side...The Fair Housing Act (Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968) ...and the landlady violated the following...

- Coercing, threatening, intimidating, or interfering with a person's enjoyment or exercise of housing rights based on discriminatory reasons or retaliating against a person or organization that aids or encourages the exercise or enjoyment of fair housing rights.

And I hope that the family decides to sue the hell out of the property owner. People like this need to be taught a lesson.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:56 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Well I thought about that, and lets just go with a no trespassing sign. Will that work?
I actually think the sign was directed toward the ghetto underclass thug blacks, if it makes you feel any better and how does one determine the difference? Should she have put a sign up saying "Blacks allowed except the ghetto thug variety".
It doesnt make me feel any better. This girl was ghetto did I miss something?

Old 12-14-2011, 09:04 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Exactly not to mention the mental drain that puts on blacks but then again the reason why ron paul and many on here want this to be allowed is so that can be one more thing to weigh blacks down.
As history has shown us, the average White American person could care less that things like this are mentally draining or hurtful and will continue to live with the status quo of discrimination. And so does the average Afriacn American person. And the average Asian American. And the average Hispanic American, etc.

African Americans need to turn inward. We need to become more cloistered (like Asian Americans, Jewish Americans, Hispanic Americans). They support each other. They support each others businesses. They network amongst each other for services and other needs. They rent their properties to each other. They recycle their resources within their own communities. We need to stop giving our money to people who have little regard for us. We need to vote with our "pocketbooks" and put those companies out of business who do not respect our buying power or us as people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies