Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 11:56 AM

373 posts, read 710,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Perhaps this situation is another good argument for school uniforms.
It is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 12:21 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
And which uniform (boys or girls) would transgendered students get to wear?
That can be negotiated between the student, his/her parents, and the school authorities. Transgendered students are very rare. I don't think it's a major obstacle to requiring school uniforms.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:14 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Perhaps this situation is another good argument for school uniforms.
That is exactly, word for word, what Chairman Mao once said....

Old 01-15-2012, 08:33 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Funny how lids learn from theory parents, if a kid is raised with hate and bigotry they learn it is ok to pick up and abuse those that are different. Funny how five boys learn the gang mentality and play off each othersactions. Everything is fun and harmless until the focus of the abuse lashes out. Then it is serious business.
You are NOT paying attention.

Why would the parents of the children being harassed by ONE, report the harassment to the school, all individually and over the course of 6-8 weeks, and NOT knowing that any other child was also being harassed, and insist that it be brought to the attention of the prosecutor's office? What kind of sense does that make? First we all individually called our own local police to report (5 out of 5 parents thought it was some 40 + year old child molester from another state given the area code the texts were coming from) the harassment. Some had reports taken, some were told they could file a report and no one would follow up so just block the # the texts were coming from.

You wanna screw with my kid, you screw with me. I went that one step farther than the school and the other parents. And guess what? Kid was found out in a week's time.

He randomly picked children to harass.

Quote:
You didn't teach your kid well and you are looking thru rose colored glasses.
My child has been well taught. The only people wearing rose colored glasses are you, and the parents of the child who is obviously going through something, and were CLUELESS as to what their child was going through and how he was going about it...and also the harasser kid who thought he could get away with sexually harassing his peers anonymously.

Quote:
You don't have to feds up hete nobody cares, but for your kids sake look below the lies he is feeding you. Remember when you were a kid? Think about it. Five against one? Really?
Huh? There was NO five against one. Ever. It was ONE against FIVE.

What exactly are you NOT understanding here?

Old 01-16-2012, 02:54 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,401 times
that is the point, your STORY, QUOTE UNQUOTE, does pass the smell test.

The police aren't saying who the perp is but somehow all five "victim" families are aware of each other. Really, how did you all meet?

Why would a gay kid harass classmates over the internet?

Lol, and what public official, who wouldn't identify the perp, told the perp was gay? You really think anyone believes an official would share that info?

A gay boy, "discovering" himself isn't racing about tell everyone.

Tell you what, if this invention of your us true and you have been living it for a while, I sure you might have related it before the other day, got any links?

Last edited by buzzards27; 01-16-2012 at 03:26 PM..

Old 01-16-2012, 02:58 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
This one will surely bring most anybody to tears after reading it............

"The teenager, close to tears, said last night: “It took me years to finally open up to someone about my sexuality and now I feel betrayed by the people I trusted.
“I have always felt different but I have never been able to talk about it. They have made me feel like a fool.
“I left the school in tears feeling totally humiliated and embarrassed.”

Yeah I think if I showed up in public dressed up in a skirt and makeup I'd be embarrassed too.

"Jamie – who says he picked the Australian girl’s name Keirny because he “liked the sound of it” – now fears his dream of a career as a hairdresser has been shattered.
He was in the middle of a hairdressing course and had hoped to gain enough qualifications for a place at Central College in Glasgow."

Dreams shattered!! Oh the humanity!!

Fury as teenager is 'expelled' from school for deciding he wanted to dress like a girl - The Daily Record
What if he were to have gone to school dressed up like a black, Latina, or Asian girl?

Old 01-31-2012, 12:29 PM

1 posts, read 566 times
Hold your head up young lady you are truly the girl you are and the lady you will be

Old 01-31-2012, 01:34 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Is this the next agenda? Making people be gender neutral? Like the parents who didn't tell their boy what sex he was. Never say boy or girl, let him guess which one.

Old 01-31-2012, 02:05 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
Unhappy not cool...

I personally knew a transgender and this situation is not funny, at all.

It is REAL to that 17 year old kid. He "feels" he is in the wrong body and wants to be female. I do not have alot of research on this but the most surprising thing I learned is that "some" transgenders (after surgery) regret their change and want to revert back.

You have to wonder if it is from some of the "crushing comments" that people shove in transgenders faces.

What if that were your child?

What if the psychologist told you there was nothing they could do and your son/daughter felt gender confusion and wanted to live the other life?

I know they recommend one year dressed as the sex the transgender identifies with. That way you find out how its "really" going to be out there, trying to live a new life.

I do agree though that school dress code is just that. He could no more wear a red mini skirt than a female could. No matter his crisis, he has to follow school and work dress code. We all do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies