Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 11:12 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,937,226 times

Advertisements

Making fun of a kid's heartache and conflict? Real mature guys, real mature... I hope none of you are parents or teachers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
That person will be a full grown adult soon and needs to see the reality of life.

People will not accept the weirdness.
Maybe not in your little world... here in the more enlightened PNW, we (generally speaking) actually do accept "weirdness" and reject bullying for somebody being different. Why do you think so many homosexuals and TG folks end up moving here? A good percentage of the gay people I know aren't native Californians, and there's a good reason for their decision to relocate here. Even as a straight woman, I'd rather live in a world of acceptance than a world of narrow-minded judgments.

Who cares what people wear, anyway? As long as he or she is covered appropriately, how does the shape of their attire even matter? Many cultures have different ideas of gender-appropriate clothing, and I don't see how it makes any difference... and if women can wear pants, why can't men wear skirts? 100+ years ago I would have been called a cross-dresser for wearing pants, now it's not only accepted but the norm for most women. Arbitrary concepts, to say the least.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:17 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Hankies OP? Does yours have a lace trim?

Old 01-14-2012, 12:05 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Maybe not in your little world... here in the more enlightened PNW, we (generally speaking) actually do accept "weirdness" and reject bullying for somebody being different. Why do you think so many homosexuals and TG folks end up moving here? A good percentage of the gay people I know aren't native Californians, and there's a good reason for their decision to relocate here. Even as a straight woman, I'd rather live in a world of acceptance than a world of narrow-minded judgments.

Who cares what people wear, anyway? As long as he or she is covered appropriately, how does the shape of their attire even matter? Many cultures have different ideas of gender-appropriate clothing, and I don't see how it makes any difference... and if women can wear pants, why can't men wear skirts? 100+ years ago I would have been called a cross-dresser for wearing pants, now it's not only accepted but the norm for most women. Arbitrary concepts, to say the least.
You can wear a skirt if you so choose. I just reserve the right to laugh at some loon guy walking around in a skirt and high heels. I would expect folks to laugh at me if I did the same.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You can wear a skirt if you so choose. I just reserve the right to laugh at some loon guy walking around in a skirt and high heels. I would expect folks to laugh at me if I did the same.
Well, thankfully not everyone is as immature as you are. I've seen my share of men in dresses around here, and not once have I felt the need to publicly mock them... matter of fact, a few such men have since become my friends. And they aren't "loons," seeing as they show more common sense & rationality than the majority of people on this forum.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:17 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Get out the hankies......boy sent home after showing up to school dressed as girl.

Oh boo effen hoo. Probably was laughed out of school.
I can feel the Christian love and compassion. Oh wait...

Old 01-14-2012, 12:24 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Well, thankfully not everyone is as immature as you are. I've seen my share of men in dresses around here, and not once have I felt the need to publicly mock them... matter of fact, a few such men have since become my friends. And they aren't "loons," seeing as they show more common sense & rationality than the majority of people on this forum.
So in your eyes a guy walking around wearing a dress is common sense and rationale?? Ok. I guess I don't live around "there" wherever that is. Thankfully.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:32 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
So in your eyes a guy walking around wearing a dress is common sense and rationale?? Ok. I guess I don't live around "there" wherever that is. Thankfully.
I would absolutely LOVE to see you publicly mock my 6'4 300 lb rugby playing friend who wears a kilt whenever he goes out. There are actually quite a few cultures in which men wear 'dresses' and 'skirts'. Americans can be so stuck up sometimes.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:35 AM

Quote:
I didn't say their action of wearing a dress was "common sense and rational," although it actually is to them. I was saying they aren't lacking in these traits, simply because they choose to dress differently from the social norm... do you also judge people who dress in goth clothing, and assume they're otherwise delusional? You probably do, since you seem to be the type who judges another person based on superficial factors.

And yes, it probably is a good thing you don't live here (the Bay Area) - as we don't take kindly to ignorance, and aren't afraid to call people out when they're being disrespectful.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I would absolutely LOVE to see you publicly mock my 6'4 300 lb rugby playing friend who wears a kilt whenever he goes out. There are actually quite a few cultures in which men wear 'dresses' and 'skirts'. Americans can be so stuck up sometimes.
I know, huh?? I'd also love to see them mock this guy: http://z.about.com/d/prowrestling/1/0/5/5/-/-/Umag.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies