Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 09:50 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,628,986 times

Advertisements

This is really bizarre and scary. These middle school girls all started exhibiting Tourette's Type Syndromes (Tics) suddenly. They attend the same school. Doctors have done many tests over the past several months and say they believe they know what it is but say they can't disclose their diagnosis. Parents are apparently being left in the dark and are very upset. I'd be demanding to know. Some people are suspecting the Gardisal vaccine although the doctors say they have ruled it out.

"Since Sept. 2011, 12 girls from Leroy Central School District in New York have been exhibiting mysterious symptoms like that of Tourette’s, which came upon them suddenly and have required many of them to be taken out of school and tutored at home."

Health Officials Don’t Reveal Diagnosis of Mysterious Illness Affecting New York High School Girls | Video | TheBlaze.com

Old 01-14-2012, 12:37 AM

10,010 posts, read 9,437,032 times
Something doesn't sound right. The article mentions the doctors cannot release information to the parents because it violates the HIPAA act. Under New York state law the doctor can refuse release of medical info to the parents if they feel it could be detrimental to the health of their patient. Other than that, it does not violate HIPAA rules to release medical info to the child's parent / legal guardian.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Something doesn't sound right. The article mentions the doctors cannot release information to the parents because it violates the HIPAA act. Under New York state law the doctor can refuse release of medical info to the parents if they feel it could be detrimental to the health of their patient. Other than that, it does not violate HIPAA rules to release medical info to the child's parent / legal guardian.
I know. It just doesn't sound right. Unless if the doctors give out information to one girl's parents, its like giving that information about all the girls because its the same thing? If I were a parent of one of the girls, I'd be taking my daughter to a different doctor to find out what is going on. What could cause 12 middle school age girls to develop this neurological illness so abruptly? The docs say its not vaccine related, but I'd be curious if these girls got the Gardisal vaccine recently as there are reports of it being linked to Tourettes. I could see them not wanting to create a panic. What else could this be?

Old 01-14-2012, 01:23 AM

4,042 posts, read 3,515,843 times
So, the day in America has come when doctors can refuse to tell parents what is wrong with their own children?! I'd be the hell out of that state and very quickly, unless it was honestly impossible to do so. Insanity...unconstitutional....and no way is it right, I don't care what the law allows.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
So, the day in America has come when doctors can refuse to tell parents what is wrong with their own children?! I'd be the hell out of that state and very quickly, unless it was honestly impossible to do so. Insanity...unconstitutional....and no way is it right, I don't care what the law allows.
I agree. But I've been doing some research and there are many states that will not permit medical records to be released to parents for a child who is 12 and older unless that child authorizes it. Also, many states do not require parental consent for children as young as 12 to obtain contraception and abortions. In California, a law was just passed that allows 12 year olds to obtain the controversial vaccine, Gardasil without parental consent. I don't know who is behind all this, but who in their right mind thinks 12 year olds are able to make these kind of medical decisions?

http://parentingteens.about.com/od/t...rtion_laws.htm
ttp://www.teenhealthlaw.org/fileadmin/teenhealth/teenhealthrights/ca/Ca-ParentAccessRules.pdf

» California Gardasil Law Signed: Children to Get Deadly Shot Without Parental Consent Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Abortion Laws for Teens by State

Old 01-14-2012, 02:12 AM

4,042 posts, read 3,515,843 times
In those states you are referring to, can the 12yr. old get piercings without the parental consent? In the seventies and eighties it was so freaking hypocritical that they had to have the parents consent to piercings, but an abortion was gotten without same, in some states.

So obviously evil ruling the day!

Old 01-14-2012, 07:26 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,141,708 times
Quote:
In those states you are referring to, can the 12yr. old get piercings without the parental consent? In the seventies and eighties it was so freaking hypocritical that they had to have the parents consent to piercings, but an abortion was gotten without same, in some states.

I remember that I had to have parental permission to get my ears pierced by a doctor when I turned 13 and this was NYC back in the late 70's.

Boy have times changed and not for the better IMHO because children are not capable at that age to make those types of decisions.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:33 AM

7,084 posts, read 12,015,436 times
If it was a chemical or communicable disease they must notify the community. That many people can't suddenly get the same illness at the same time, you would have better odds of a dinosaur eating you in your bed if you lived on the moon. The only thing that affects that many people that quickly is a group mental disorder, like mass hysteria, and would be embarrassing enough that kids don't want even their parents to know.

It has a long history from the Salem Witch Trials, to kids fingering their parents for abuse that never happened, to people supposedly being a part of satanic rituals where the people who did it to them were far away. That's why the State Office of Mental Health was involved. People usually are not consciously aware of it till you confront them with such evidence they cannot refute or deny it. It's a mountain out of a molehill for people who are already paranoid about medical professionals to crow about, that's it.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:03 AM

8,274 posts, read 12,810,962 times
Sad thing is that Guadasil is only so the manufacturer makes a fortune. If they get it mandated, they make milllions.

They make these claims people misinterpret for the drug. The facts are it prevents only a few strains of HPV which is linked to only 1 type of cervical cancer.

Not all girls that get HPV get cervical cancer, in fact the percentage is fairly low.

Don't sleep around and you are safer than this overpriced drug will make you.

Here is the cycle. Merck gives money to politicians who make a law that you must have the vaccine. Even though it is unneeded. So your elected officials get their pockets lined for making your daughters get this shot.... Sound like they are looking out for you or themselves?

If you live in an area where this is suddenly "required" then you need to investigate the payoffs your politicians got.

Its no different than the immigration law and the building of prisons....

makes you wonder about most of our laws and who is really profiting doesn't it?

Old 01-14-2012, 09:22 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,045,682 times
Quote:

Treatment Of Minors (Encyclopedia of Everyday Law) - eNotes.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies