Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 09:37 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I'll make it even easier for you to understand, when a new reporter reports on racist comments, does it make that reporter a raciest?

No, but he is REPORTING and not REPEATING or Mocking. I really do not expect you to be able to tell the difference.

Reporting: "John Doe has called the senator a moron"
Repeating: "The senator is a moron"
Mocking: "The senator is a moron, and the guy who said was John Doe called it correctly

Oh......now this is a good one, first, I do not believe that anyone should call anyone else a n#g#r, that is racist and is derogatory towards anyone...no matter the color of their skin...(BTW if you believe a black people are the only classified n#g#er's, you need to open your eyes....VERY WIDE)

Do you think that is that is the only offensive term used to describe black people? But I noticed that you still did answer my question either. rush like many buttwipes love to use racist rhetoric exspecially when they heard that it came from someone of the same ethnic group. Than they can say "well I did not make this up, another black, gay, woman, (place any group here) said

Thanks for YOUR opinion...

You are welcome

Post #131 is below, please show me the question, asked of me?
The question refers to the non-mentioning of add-ons, I will apologize if I did not make that clear enough
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 10:14 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Really? What about the EXISTING pipeline(S) we seem to hear nothing about?
You must not pay attention to what is happening in the world regarding oil leaks/spills from pipelines. A few articles for you from the past year regarding oil leaks in pipelines.

Enbridge probes cause of oil leak in NW territories (http://www.montrealgazette.com/business/Enbridge+probes+cause+pipeline+leak/6021345/story.html - broken link). Canada

Alaska pipeline leak puts focus on BP. USA

Keystone oil pipeline shut down after leak. USA (company sound familiar?)

Enbridge subsidiaries reported 175 pipeline leaks since 2002. USA (gives a history of pipeline leaks in our country. This company wants to extend a pipeline through B.C. in Canada.

Concord pipeline repair expected to cause more odors. USA (deals with results of fixing leaking pipes).

Wellington gasoline pipeline rupture released about 116,760 gallons of gas. USA

I can go on and on with these posts regarding leaking pipelines.

Just wanted to educate some of you who may think that leaks do not happen or rarely happen. They are rather common.

Also wanted to add that I am not against the construction of more pipes and the jobs that they can bring to communities across the country, but I also think we should chose the areas wisely where these pipes are constructed and I feel that the pipe that was brought before the president, if built in that specific area in Nebraska, could potentially damage a fragile eco system and the drinking water of the community and I would rather people be healthy and drinking clean water than build it as planned. It could potentially harm many more people than it could help.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:41 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
The question refers to the non-mentioning of add-ons, I will apologize if I did not make that clear enough
There was no question, you made a statment....

Quote:
No, but he is REPORTING and not REPEATING or Mocking. I really do not expect you to be able to tell the difference.

Reporting: "John Doe has called the senator a moron"
Repeating: "The senator is a moron"
Mocking: "The senator is a moron, and the guy who said was John Doe called it correctly

I can tell the difference, it's whether or not your will to listen instead of just repeating the pure hatred of the left.....It's o.k. for the left to say it, but if a rightie does it well HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.....

Quote:
Do you think that is that is the only offensive term used to describe black people? But I noticed that you still did answer my question either. rush like many buttwipes love to use racist rhetoric exspecially when they heard that it came from someone of the same ethnic group. Than they can say "well I did not make this up, another black, gay, woman, (place any group here) said

He did say where it came from, you are just to blind and deaf to understand that. I'll bet the you will not even reconize that Rush (and others on the right) has given prop's to the president.....

Again, no question, you made a statment....questions end with (?), but I did not figure you would know or understand that.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:58 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,801 times
I don't even care about the aquifers; the bigger danger here is this belief that we can continue using oil as we always have. We can't. We need to swallow that reality. It doesn't matter who the president is. Building this pipeline would be the ultimate road to nowhere; it would be the pipeline to nowhere.

And at any rate, if we really want to solve the problem of supply/demand, we would build a refinery first -- not a pipeline. We're already at 85-90 percent of refinement capacity. One hurricane could put us at a capacity limit. This pipeline is nothing more than political pork barrel.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:03 AM

[quote=chucksnee;22630831]There was no question, you made a statment....

But did you get my point?

I can tell the difference, it's whether or not your will to listen instead of just repeating the pure hatred of the left.....It's o.k. for the left to say it, but if a rightie does it well HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.....

I do not speak for anyone but myself and BTW I'm not a "leafty" I think for myself and don't need someone to think for me or tell me what I should focus my thinking on either. If I hear someone making a racist statement regardless of where it came from, ignore it like it did not happen? Newt "faithful" Gingrich and Rick "moral oral" Santorum have consistly made statement that can be construed as racist. But no one is suppose to notice that either?

He did say where it came from, you are just to blind and deaf to understand that. I'll bet the you will not even reconize that Rush (and others on the right) has given prop's to the president.....

Yeah riiight! "They compare/pass around pictures of the first black president as amonkey, and then say that his wife has a big butt" Oxyhead and the rest of the racist republicans can take their props and prop them up their collective.........!

Again, no question, you made a statment....questions end with (?), but I did not figure you would know or understand that.

Here is the question: Are you going to quit whinning about the jobs bills that are sitting on the democrats desk without mentioning the pork projects that are added on to these particuliar bills? Since you are acting very deft, let me give you an example: The jobs bill was linked with the pipeline coming from Canada which in the long rune would NOT provide any permenent American jobs and (BTW)would have filled Speaker Boner (intentional sp) pockets with alot of money if it had went through.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:10 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I don't even care about the aquifers; the bigger danger here is this belief that we can continue using oil as we always have. We can't. We need to swallow that reality. It doesn't matter who the president is. Building this pipeline would be the ultimate road to nowhere; it would be the pipeline to nowhere.

And at any rate, if we really want to solve the problem of supply/demand, we would build a refinery first -- not a pipeline. We're already at 85-90 percent of refinement capacity. One hurricane could put us at a capacity limit. This pipeline is nothing more than political pork barrel.

I agree with this as well. We should build more refineries and we should continue to attempt to transition our country off of our dependence on oil. I am not all that into going all green immediately but the direction auto makers are going in making more fuel efficient vehicles should continue and we should try to do our best to get more efficient HVAC systems into homes and solar panels for residential and commercial locations in order to cut down on our need for fuels that are harmful to the environment.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:18 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
But did you get my point?.
I got your point that you did not ASK me a question a bitched about me not answering a non exsistant question....

Quote:
I do not speak for anyone but myself and BTW I'm not a "leafty" I think for myself and don't need someone to think for me or tell me what I should focus my thinking on either. If I hear someone making a racist statement regardless of where it came from, ignore it like it did not happen? Newt "faithful" Gingrich and Rick "moral oral" Santorum have consistly made statement that can be construed as racist. But no one is suppose to notice that either?
You are sititng her complaining about how othres act and in your very own words youarea calling Rick "GAY" which refers to the "ORAL" portion of your statment. Woooppppsss missed that huh...

Quote:
Yeah riiight! "They compare/pass around pictures of the first black president as amonkey, and then say that his wife has a big butt" Oxyhead and the rest of the racist republicans can take their props and prop them up their collective.........!
I did not think you could do that, just shows how much your really hate a person...even after giving the president what he deserved....you still will not acknowledge it....pretty sad on your part....

Quote:
Here is the question: Are you going to quit whinning about the jobs bills that are sitting on the democrats desk without mentioning the pork projects that are added on to these particuliar bills?.
Yea, there are 15 bills sitting up there, and they are not even going to be voted on, cause Reid does not like them....and they don't lline HIS pockets full of money.....but that does not give him the right to act for everyone else in the U.S.

Quote:
Since you are acting very deft, let me give you an example: The jobs bill was linked with the pipeline coming from Canada which in the long rune would NOT provide any permenent American jobs and (BTW)would have filled Speaker Boner (intentional sp) pockets with alot of money if it had went through.
Yea, your not a leftie....but look at all the leftist bashing you are doing...

I know what the bill had in it...and what it was linked to, but what about the other 15, did they all have this pipline in all 15? Or did they not sit well with Reid?

You make a pretty broad assumption that NO PERMENEMT jobs will be made, what do you have to back that up with....your superior knowledge? And just think about your statment....do you care about putting people to work (even if it's not permenment for 3+ years). I really do think that you could care less about thoes people....and it's obvious from your statments....

Old 01-20-2012, 11:22 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree with this as well. We should build more refineries and we should continue to attempt to transition our country off of our dependence on oil. I am not all that into going all green immediately but the direction auto makers are going in making more fuel efficient vehicles should continue and we should try to do our best to get more efficient HVAC systems into homes and solar panels for residential and commercial locations in order to cut down on our need for fuels that are harmful to the environment.
Pretty much on target here.

The thing that people don't want to accept is that America is no longer exceptional. We are no longer in the position of dictating our economy, largely because we now depend on foreign imports to supply energy for our economy. And that has to do with overconsumption -- over-consumption here primarily, but also increased consumption in China and India, and we don't control that.

The only thing we can do is get used to accepting that we no longer have abundance. All of the right wingers can vote out Obama and have a 100 percent GOP-controlled government. Won't change anything. We have to accept what them dad gum liberals have been telling us for years: we need to conserve energy and begin living within our means. Walk or bike to work. Live, work, and shop downtown. Don't waste food. Don't waste water. Don't waste electricity. Live in smaller homes even if you can afford bigger ones. And in the meantime, we need 500 mpg cars. That'll **** off Exxon but it'll be better for our economy and our lifestyle.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:24 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post

We have too big of a population to support the resources we have.

Do what you can and choose not to have children.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I got your point that you did not ASK me a question a bitched about me not answering a non exsistant question....

I already apologized and wrote it as a question, and you still have not answered it......are you a politician?

You are sititng her complaining about how othres act and in your very own words youarea calling Rick "GAY" which refers to the "ORAL" portion of your statment. Woooppppsss missed that huh...

Actually it has nothing to do with sex, it is a cartoon about a boy that takes everything and relates it to bible word for word, it used to be on adult swim

I did not think you could do that, just shows how much your really hate a person...even after giving the president what he deserved....you still will not acknowledge it....pretty sad on your part....

I'm not completely on the Obama Bandwagon not to realize that are some things that he could have done differently, but I'm smart enough to know when he is being attacked for reasons other than his policies. The fact that either you don't know are will not admit it is really pitful on your part

Yea, there are 15 bills sitting up there, and they are not even going to be voted on, cause Reid does not like them....and they don't lline HIS pockets full of money.....but that does not give him the right to act for everyone else in the U.S.

Huh, that is what politicians do, but like I said before there may be alot of pork tied to those bills, we as public pee-ons will proably never know unless we see the bills in its entirity

Yea, your not a leftie....but look at all the leftist bashing you are doing...

The things that really **** me off are things that are one-sided either left or right and the way that they are presented

I know what the bill had in it...and what it was linked to, but what about the other 15, did they all have this pipline in all 15? Or did they not sit well with Reid?

Like I mentioned earlier, we may never know, I never go by the word of just one source without taking into consideration other factors

You make a pretty broad assumption that NO PERMENEMT jobs will be made, what do you have to back that up with....your superior knowledge? And just think about your statment....do you care about putting people to work (even if it's not permenment for 3+ years). I really do think that you could care less about thoes people....and it's obvious from your statments....
Ok, lets look at common sense, after you build a pipeline through a country what is left for the construction of the pipeline to do next? If it needs constant repairs that means that it is not safe and should not be built in the first place. So what permenent jobs are left? Since you want to go there ok, I will bite. There are people in Nebraska that do'nt want this thing going through their state because of the soft rock and the potential for it to pollute the water. The pipeline would go through this country and the oil would be shipped somewhere else, so how does benefit the U.S. I was wrong it would provide more jobs......To the people like Boner who would make millions and can afford to hire some cheaper labor for the upkeep of his property.

[SIZE=3]Keystone XL: How many jobs would it create?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Obama Rejects Keystone XL Pipeline | Politics | The Earth [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Times[/SIZE]
Here I will even use a rightwing site:Obama Kills Keystone Pipeline and Thousands of Jobs - Big ...
Now mind you NONE of these said anything about long term employment. So after the pipeline is built these workers will be on unemployment again and still will need medical ect. But wait! there is a rainbow at the end. They can be used to clean up the mess when the pipeline breaks and pollutes the water supply and the surrouding land
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies