Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did God send us another message with Tebow's yardage?
Yes, it clearly is Proverbs 13:6 9 16.67%
No, Tebow's yardage are not messages from God 45 83.33%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 04:42 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
When the Broncos beat the Steelers and Tebow got 316 yards everybody, including the media asked "Is this a sign of God? Is it John 3:16?"

Now the Patriots raped the Broncos and Tebow got 136 yards.
Is God sending us a message again?

Proverbs 13:6
"Righteousness guards the man of integrity, but wickedness overthrows the sinner"
Is this a joke?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 04:43 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,078,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Is this a joke?
To most of us yes...not so to others...unfortunately.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:04 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
When the Broncos beat the Steelers and Tebow got 316 yards everybody, including the media asked "Is this a sign of God? Is it John 3:16?"

"Righteousness guards the man of integrity, but wickedness overthrows the sinner"
you know what? this makes no difference either way. If he wants to express his Christian beliefs he is hurting no one, if others don't like it, so what. No, I don't believe God is sending these messages, yes, he got his butt kicked big time last night, did God have something to do with it? Heck who knows. I respect his feelings about his Chrisitanity, I respect most religions and I can't get worked up over these things. Now, if you are just having fun with us, you probably have succeeded.
Nita

Old 01-15-2012, 05:07 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,479,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you know what? this makes no difference either way. If he wants to express his Christian beliefs he is hurting no one, if others don't like it, so what. No, I don't believe God is sending these messages, yes, he got his butt kicked big time last night, did God have something to do with it? Heck who knows. I respect his feelings about his Chrisitanity, I respect most religions and I can't get worked up over these things. Now, if you are just having fun with us, you probably have succeeded.
Nita
^^^this.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:08 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,078,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you know what? this makes no difference either way. If he wants to express his Christian beliefs he is hurting no one, if others don't like it, so what. No, I don't believe God is sending these messages, yes, he got his butt kicked big time last night, but why are you letting this bother you so much?

Nita
I don't think it "bothers" them Nita,imho they are mocking GOD and christians with these stupid threads and nothing more.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:22 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
I joked at work last night that the Partiots played like "the devil himself was coaching them". Of course my coworkers laughed when they saw where I was going with it. " Well, yeah I guess he was."
The Patriots will always be a tainted organization with cheater Belichick.
Brady rubs me the wrong way, too. He's got an ego as big as his talent. But if nobody says they did anything shady, then I'll give them their due and say they played a great game and were clearly the better team. Now I hope they lose next week.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:33 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:

I don't think that God cares about a football game, a free throw, or a putt.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:52 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Brother! I can't begin to describe my chagrin at those who would attach a religious aspect to the success or failure of a quarterback in a damn football game.

I grew up watching parishioners kneel and genuflect before the rail every sunday to then watch those very same parishioners go on to commit deeds not worthy of a religious person. What someone does in public carries little weight with me.

Wait until he's retired from football and has moved on with his life to actually perform some charitable or worthy deeds of humanitarion note THEN attribute religious worthiness to his person.

Putting the words God and Football in the same sentence; Uuuufdah!

Old 01-15-2012, 08:12 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,325,406 times
I would much prefer a Tim Tebow as a role model than say, Michael Vick. Do I think God cares about football though? Umm, no.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:26 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why won't folks just let Tebow be Tebow? The guy just wants to play football and be left alone.
That is a good point. The guy just turned 24 in August. He's a very young man to have all this responsibility thrust on him. He'll mellow out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies