Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 08:56 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Sounds like he is talking to many Black posters on here.

Read more: Enough black defensiveness* - NY Daily News
The King (God rest his soul) also said this "A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom."

The same conservative folks (racist) that is praising his legacy would have been breaking up his marches back then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 09:00 PM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,398 times
Most conservatives would prefer Malcolm x to King.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I for one do not have a problem talking about anything that plagues the black community. However, I do refuse to talk about such issues in a vacuum. What many whites want are observations without explanations, concerning many of the problems in the black community.

Observations without explanations help to reinforce the doctrine of racial inferiority. When blacks behave and or perform inferior, without explanation, the de facto conclusion is that they are inferior because that is what current evidence suggest. Many people believe that blacks perform superior in many sports because we are superior athletically, which is the de facto conclusion from the observation of performance. The same holds true in regards to things like intelligence, work ethic, crime and the like. The de facto conclusion of the observation is that such is the nature of blacks. Hence, naturally superior in athletics and naturally inferior in intellect, behavior, temperment and such.

In light of that, what many whites want to do is control the scope. Hence, as soon as blacks start talking about issues of crime, out of wedlock births, education, etc, in the context of the evolution of those realities, many whites cry foul. Why....because studying the evolution takes one back to racism in America. The past will always lead to racism in America and thus racism in America becomes an explanation for the socioeconomic statistical discrepancies between blacks and whites, negating the influence of natural inferiority of blacks and contradicting the narrative of many whites. Many whites simply do not believe that the legacy impact of centuries of racism has manifested any role in many of the problems that plauge blacks today, which means that the inferior performance and or behavior is the natural result of inferior traits in such areas, just as black superior performance in sports is an indication of their superiority in those particular areas.

Yes, we are defensive about observations without explanations.
Great post!

Old 08-02-2012, 09:03 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I think both of you are still falling into the same trap. Ok let's say there is a consensus, slavery and racism is the cause of many of the problems in the black community. Then what? We can't go back in time and change that.
Why do you care?

I mean really?

You do nothing but insult, ridicule, and demean Black Americans.

Most Black Americans have no problem admitting there are problems in the black community.

Most of those problem are long term chronic problem that at their core have to be solved by the people with those problems.

There is nothing you are anybody else can do to change that. People will change when they are ready to change.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund_Burke View Post
Most conservatives would prefer Malcolm x to King.
Why?

Old 08-02-2012, 09:10 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Funny how some blacks can refer to being superior athletically, but refuse to admit the possibility being inferior intellectually.
One only has to spend time on an college campus to know there is no such thing as white intellectual superiority.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:13 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Am I racist to say...it is time to stop affirmative action? The last three jobs I have had...I have had female African American supervisors. I want an equal playing field. Judge people on their merits....not...oh, we don't have enough black supervisors...we better hire a black one..even if she is not the best choice.

I had a meeting today on cultural diversity....and basically that issue came up in regards to hiring..."we need to have more diversity, so our "target" is to hire 50% minority candidates"..
that was it. No mention of qualifications or any other factor....just skin color. Isn't that racist?

Old 08-02-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Am I racist to say...it is time to stop affirmative action? The last three jobs I have had...I have had female African American supervisors. I want an equal playing field. Judge people on their merits....not...oh, we don't have enough black supervisors...we better hire a black one..even if she is not the best choice.

I had a meeting today on cultural diversity....and basically that issue came up in regards to hiring..."we need to have more diversity, so our "target" is to hire 50% minority candidates"..
that was it. No mention of qualifications or any other factor....just skin color. Isn't that racist?
May I ask what field you work in? I can tell you this; I have never heard of what you describe in the professional workforce (skilled labor). I’ve heard of these kind of thing in unskilled labor ie. Jobs that don’t require unique skills.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
One only has to spend time on an college campus to know there is no such thing as white intellectual superiority.
Exactly!

Old 08-02-2012, 09:24 PM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Why?
Why wouldn't they? Malcolm hated white liberals and thought integrationists were uncle toms that couldn't pass up on the good coffee. Turns out he was right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies