Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2012, 11:31 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
More liberal feminist garbage. When traditional family structure breaks down, society breaks down. And the united states is burning like Rome burned.
What does that have to do with a professional woman who gets married to the cashier?
Then they divorce,and she now has to pay alimony?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 11:35 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I grew up in a loving 2-parent home. So I had a very strong counterbalance to the negative stereotypes against Black women. My father was the breadwinner. My mother did not work outside of the home until I was in Kindergarten, part time and was there to pick me up from school everyday (and this is in the 80s).

These girls face negative stereotypes in the media, in society at large, then they go home and experience the same negative stereotypes in living color by looking at their mother. Many of these girls don't even know what a husband/wife relationship looks like in real life. That is sad. Are people really not able to understand the connection between Black women raised without a father in the home and the rate of unwed Black mothers today?
Its a little different now,because you have the internet.
We have a black first lady,look at the level of disrespect leveled at her.
I do see the connection,but I also think what's being seen on tv and the internet with the negative images outweighs any good done at home.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:38 PM

723 posts, read 2,193,648 times
No one else should comment before this document is read. Actual scholars have done all the hard work for us and deduced (what I would consider) understandable reasons for poor low matrimony amongst AAs.

Baby Fathers and American Family Formation
Low-Income, Never-Married Parents in Louisiana before Katrina

Article Link : http://www.americanvalues.org/pdfs/babyfathers.pdf

Three Conclusions
OUR FINDINGS lead to three important conclusions and recommendations for policy makers and community leaders.
[b]First, the “magic moment” associated with father involvement lasts much longer than the period in which the parents will feel a romantic commitment to each other. Therefore, the time frame for services that maintain the father’s involvement with the child is much longer than the time frame for providing family strength- ening services to couples.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-16-2012 at 04:56 AM.. Reason: copyright

Old 01-15-2012, 11:49 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBee2010 View Post
I'm a black woman and I was speaking with an associate about the number of women willing to have out of wedlock children, without any commitment (i.e. marriage). Presently, over 70% of black children are born out of wedlock. Why do so many black women continue to settle for so little? Having a child is a very serious commitment. Why are so many black women willing to have children, without requiring that the man commit through marriage?

Yes, there's a lot of other races of women who also have children out of wedlock, but let's be honest, their communities are not experiencing the same levels of poverty and devastation.
Nice racist thread.
It's none of your business, nor my business, what anyone chooses to do with their body.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:14 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Nice racist thread.
It's none of your business, nor my business, what anyone chooses to do with their body.
Actually it is when the result is an exploding populaton living in poverty. I don't think it's racist to point out facts, ugly as they may be.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:17 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i dont think that poverty and devastation are direct causal relationship with having kids out of wedlock. i know well off black women that have kids out of wedlock.
i think they do it bek of their emotional self honesty. they want the kid not the guy. true of white girls too but the poor devil does not find out about that until after the divorce and he is sent to the cleaners.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:23 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
If the o.p. is a black woman I will have unprotected sex with Magic Johnson. It doesn't get any lower than pretending to be black to start a black bashing thread so you can sneak it past the moderators.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:26 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Its a little different now,because you have the internet.
We have a black first lady,look at the level of disrespect leveled at her.
I do see the connection,but I also think what's being seen on tv and the internet with the negative images outweighs any good done at home.
If what is seen on tv outweighs parental influence, then we should ALL fear the next up and coming generation...however, I disagree with your comment. Children who are given moral parameters, high standards, guidance and are held accountable by strong parents are less likely to be fully swayed by media and peers.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:31 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Actually it is when the result is an exploding populaton living in poverty. I don't think it's racist to point out facts, ugly as they may be.
Still their choice.
Personally, the out of wedlock crap anywhere is simply crap; that's a non-issue. It will never happen.
I certainly wouldn't marry anyone if I didn't have sex with them.

I believe anyone on public assistance be required to use the Norplant to receive benefits.
Sorry, but if you can't take care of yourself, how do you expect to take care of anyone else?

Old 01-16-2012, 12:33 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
The black race is hardly exploding. Imploding more like it. 70% unwed mothers doesn't mean growing population. People who study this stuff predict that in 40 years there will be fewer black people than there are today and blacks will be ~6% of the U.S. population. That's half of what it is presently at 12%. It may not be racist to point out ugly facts but if the aim is simply to rub salt in open wounds in a spirit of meanness what would you call it? I call it trolling myself.

H
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies