Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2012, 09:21 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,277,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa2013 View Post
Obviously I struck a chord, sorry if the truth hurts but you completely overlooked the sardonic comments made by you. You wrote to Cali: If you want to believe that many other races are interested in black women...

When you wrote that, you were implying that her reality is imaginary and you're just playing along with the fantasy. It doesn't get much snarkier than that!

Please quote where I said that, as I have gone through all of my posts on this thread and this does not exist. You have me confused with someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
IR dating is not common between BW and nonblack men where I live either. If you do see it, its usually between a Black man and a White woman.

It is what it is. I've stated how uncommon it is for BW to date out on other forums, and other posters (Black women) attacked me; I guess they felt like I was implying that most BW are unwanted. Which is not my intention at all. It's just not common in my neck of the woods.

Instead of encouraging BW to date outside their race, people need to ALSO encourage non-Black men to consider BW as potential relationship partners. There are a lot of negative stereotypes about minority women that cause a lot of non-Black men to overlook BW, no matter how attractive they are.
Yes, that is my experience as well. I have never been attacked here before. But, I am never on the Politics forum. I guess that's what I get for broadening my horizons.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:29 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Yes, that is my experience as well. I have never been attacked here before. But, I am never on the Politics forum. I guess that's what I get for broadening my horizons.
lol You're fine. In your post you mentioned you were from Florida, well online, many people have said that IR dating is very common between BW and non-Black men. So I guess that's not true either? I'm always hearing that such and such state has so many BW dating out, only to discover that its not really true

Old 01-17-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
lol You're fine. In your post you mentioned you were from Florida, well online, many people have said that IR dating is very common between BW and non-Black men. So I guess that's not true either? I'm always hearing that such and such state has so many BW dating out, only to discover that its not really true

I have no idea. I'm sure it happens, but I don't see it. I guess I'm so important that if I don't see it, it doesn't exist?

Old 01-17-2012, 09:42 PM

140 posts, read 120,897 times
Quote:
IR dating is not common between BW and nonblack men where I live either. If you do see it, its usually between a Black man and a White woman.

It is what it is. I've stated how uncommon it is for BW to date out on other forums, and other posters (Black women) attacked me; I guess they felt like I was implying that most BW are unwanted. Which is not my intention at all. It's just not common in my neck of the woods.

Instead of encouraging BW to date outside their race, people need to ALSO encourage non-Black men to consider BW as potential relationship partners. There are a lot of negative stereotypes about minority women that cause a lot of non-Black men to overlook BW, no matter how attractive they are.
Men don't need to be encouraged to date outside of their race. When they are attracted to women, they approach them and find out more about them. It's really that simple.

Since you don't see interracial couples frequently in your community, why don't you visit sites where people upload videos. I posted a few, but there are hundreds of those online. Why were those black women able to find men from every race and nationality to marry? I am well aware of the stereotypes concerning BW but all that you can do is put your best foot forward. It doesn't help the cause when you display low self esteem. If IR is not your cup of tea that is fine. I just want BW to get out of the habit of thinking that all of us share the same plight. We don't.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:49 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Why are people always pushing black women to date outside their race? Some of us don't want to. Why dont we focus on fixing the black community instead?

Some of the guys were not really my type, especially the Asian guy, he seemed really girly/gay to me ::shrugs::

It is sad that recommending options to Black women who complain about not being able to find "good men" translates to "pushing" them into the arms of non-Black men.

It is equally sad that these same Black women see their solution to be have a baby out of wedlock with a man who may (or more likely) may not stay in a commited relationship with her while turning up their noses to good men who actually would commit.

So, if its personally not an option for you, then its not an option for you. Then stop complaining about Black men who do not prefer Black women. Stop complaining that you are unable to find a "good man". You have created your own obstacle.

However, the problem that faces young Black women, in regards to finding truly marriageable men, can not be fixed during a weekend Tony Robbins seminar.

So its fine and dandy to say, "Why don't we focus on fixing the Black community instead?" But are young Black women supposed to wait around until the Black community is "fixed" to find viable, loving men to partner with in marriage?

Old 01-17-2012, 10:18 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Well, where do the BW live that are having success dating IR? Location plays a huge part. I certianly see more IR dating involving BW online than I ever do in real life. (For example I've never seen a BW with an Asian man in real life, ever. But I've seen it on youtube)
I am in Los Angeles but I know many Black women in IRR marriages/LTRs all of the US and abroad. The majority of my dating/relationship history (from high school through now) has been majority non-Black men.

The majority of the Black woman/non-Black man couples that I know (friends/relatives/co-workers/acquaintances) are here in SoCal but I also know interracial couples that live in AZ, NM, NY, NJ, WA, NC, TX, IL. Also, a friend from college lives in Italy with her Italian husband and children. One of best friend's cousins lives in Trinidad with her White husband. All of these women are, at the very least, college educated.

I know 3 Black women who are married to Asian men. I have dated a few Asian men and had a LTR with a man who is Thai/Arab. I am also the product of a Chinese man/Black woman relationship (great, great grandfather and married my Black great great grandmother in the 1870s)

So when I hear some of the Black women who have posted in this thread state that they have never even been approached by a non-Black man it just seems so very odd to me.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:32 PM

140 posts, read 120,897 times
Quote:
Well, where do the BW live that are having success dating IR? Location plays a huge part. I certianly see more IR dating involving BW online than I ever do in real life. (For example I've never seen a BW with an Asian man in real life, ever. But I've seen it on youtube)
They live all over. 30% of black British women are married to non black men in the UK. They have many of the same, if not more African features than black American women. Location does play a role, but at the end of the day, heterosexual men are attracted to polite - attractive women.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncZEh...eature=related

MKJTV S2E4: AMBW MARRIAGE IN KOREA - YouTube

Boyfriend Does My Makeup Tag Part1 - YouTube

Our Pictures - YouTube

Interracial Relationship: A Love story - YouTube

Husband Tag!! - YouTube

response to interracial couple and Natural hair - YouTube

Happy Shine/(Taemin?) with my sweetie. - YouTube

A Day In My Life #6 - YouTube

BOYFRIEND TAG - YouTube

The last 7 Months - YouTube

MY BOYFRIEND does my MAKEUP! - YouTube

Love knows no boundaries! - YouTube

AMBW (Asian Men and Black Women) xD - YouTube

Many Caribbean, Haitian, and African women have no problems marrying all different types of men when they arrive in the West, why is that?

Our New Life - YouTube

Old 01-17-2012, 10:38 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,888,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Its a two edge sword.

The men posters earlier were saying educated women should lower their standards. To find a husband because being educated isn't everything.
They also kept saying that women who are educated should date the Mcdonalds manager
because he might turn out to be a good husband.
Now some say they should not compromise on their preferences.
I'm confused.
I do not believe educated women should lower their standards. I actually prefer they raise their requirements. The issues aren't too high standards, it is either low standards OR the wrong type of high standards, along the lines of what calipoppy is saying in her posts about certain types of men being passed up due to unrealistic standards.

If women en masse kept their standards high (yet reasonable) and don't bend (especially in their youth), the men would certainly follow. Very few men would want to be a "thug" if every woman rejected him because of his lifestyle.

Last edited by Freedom123; 01-17-2012 at 10:59 PM..

Old 01-17-2012, 10:52 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I am in Los Angeles but I know many Black women in IRR marriages/LTRs all of the US and abroad. The majority of my dating/relationship history (from high school through now) has been majority non-Black men.

The majority of the Black woman/non-Black man couples that I know (friends/relatives/co-workers/acquaintances) are here in SoCal but I also know interracial couples that live in AZ, NM, NY, NJ, WA, NC, TX, IL. Also, a friend from college lives in Italy with her Italian husband and children. One of best friend's cousins lives in Trinidad with her White husband. All of these women are, at the very least, college educated.

I know 3 Black women who are married to Asian men. I have dated a few Asian men and had a LTR with a man who is Thai/Arab. I am also the product of a Chinese man/Black woman relationship (great, great grandfather and married my Black great great grandmother in the 1870s)

So when I hear some of the Black women who have posted in this thread state that they have never even been approached by a non-Black man it just seems so very odd to me.
I don't see anything wrong with black women dating interacially.
The black men have figured it out,when will the black women?
In the end its whoever makes you happy.
By not broading the horizons they limit their dating potential.

Maybe those two are in the south?
But then again,I saw more bw/wm couples in North Carolina than the opposite.
As a matter of fact,it was everywhere.

But,Cali is on a whole different level than the south,its more liberal.
In Nyc I see a huge amount of black women with men of other races,esp Puerto Rican men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies