Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 10:54 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,204 times

Advertisements

A few minutes to explain the American Dream....

"You have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

This is America if you dont vote Ron Paul: Vote to Change the Path - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 11:19 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,167 times
George Carlin is soooooo right on this. I posted this vid on my facebook page about a year ago I liked it so much. Even though he is right, it's sad. Sad that many are led by the crooked media. Sad that so many are mislead by the politicians running for office. Sad that most buy into the belief "that's capitalism" while the hardworking middle class are getting squeezed out of existance. I don't want everybody to make the same amount of money. I don't feel everyone is "entitled" to own a house or have job, but why should these rich ****suckers, as George Carlin puts it, be "entitled" to earn more and more money while more jobs go overseas due to cheaper labor, send their kids to the best schools while college tuition sky-rockets making it harder for the middle class to send their children to college, have top notch health care while many employees are getting benefits cut, and due to the tax codes, be able to "hide" and write-off more money on taxes?

Old 01-15-2012, 12:29 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times
We need guys like George Carlin more than ever now. Bill "the Bigot" Maher doesn't come close to the intelligent observational comedy that Carlin mastered.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:04 PM

371 posts, read 443,316 times
It's kinda sad that someone chose to upload this clip as an ad for a current political candidate. In fact, that kinda pisses me off.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:38 PM

23,972 posts, read 15,072,142 times
If by some miracle Ron Paul were to get elected, he still has to work with the Congress.

Do you suppose the Republicans and/or Democrats would say the first order of business is to make RP a one term president and then sit on their hands for 4 years while the nation flounders?

Old 01-15-2012, 01:40 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,166,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
We need guys like George Carlin more than ever now. Bill "the Bigot" Maher doesn't come close to the intelligent observational comedy that Carlin mastered.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:42 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Default I miss George.

Told it like it is, And hilarious to boot. George was my favorite due to this.He saw straight through the veil to the corruption and ills of society.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:54 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,381,847 times
Its funny that it says "this is what happens if you don't vote for Ron Paul", when Paul is part of the group that wants to raid and end your social security.

LOL, irony.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:23 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,924,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Its funny that it says "this is what happens if you don't vote for Ron Paul", when Paul is part of the group that wants to raid and end your social security.

LOL, irony.
You speak of Social Security as though you actually have an account to be raided.
Social Security is a tax the proceeds of which are used as a Congressional slush fund. There is no account in your name earning interest. There is no Social Security lock box.

Ron Paul would cut spending dramatically to preserve SS for those in the system currently and allow those entering the workforce the option to choose (opt out) to fund their own retirement or join SS.

Ron Paul: Why the Government Lies About Social Security - YouTube

Old 01-15-2012, 02:47 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13JERM View Post
It's kinda sad that someone chose to upload this clip as an ad for a current political candidate. In fact, that kinda pisses me off.
That's how i found it, i was watching a Ron Paul interview and saw George Carlin next to it, thinking he was endorsing him. I hadn't seen this clip before, but i couldn't take the title off of someone else's youtube.

That said, of all the candidates, Paul has the platform to fight the theft of freedom. The rest are part of the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies