Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2012, 10:16 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,573,668 times

Advertisements

it's so ANGERING when i here people say that.

since i have a DIFFERENT SEXUAL ORIENTATION.. how is it equal for me to marry in accoradance with STRAIGHT PEOPLES ORIENTATION?

heterosexuals get to marry in accoradance with their UNCHOSEN sexual orientation... so the very premise that i have an 'equal' right to marry is stupid.

again, it's no different AT ALL than saying, by very definition full citizen means white and black people can still partake, they just have to be white... same rule applies to me.

problem is if you were born white, the rule was made BY people like you FOR people like you and there is no way for black people to 'follow' this rule unless they die and aRe reborn white or unless they get vitiligo.

same thing for gay people. I did NOT CHOOSE to be gay, so the only way i can 'marry' according to them would be to LIE to a WOMAN and to MYSELF (these same people would talk trash about me for doing that) and destroy two lives.

funny how a law set up BY heterosexuals and FOR heterosexuals.. also happens to be the 'definition' of marriage for these people.

unfortunately for them, we now know about the EXISTENCE of a minority sexuality called homosexuality... so now that law must be changed because it's unconstitutional not to include us... we did NOTHING WRONG and have NOTHING to be ashamed of and deserve EVERYTHING they get.. and by that i mean marriage in ACCORADANCE to our sexual orientation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 10:38 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,291,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The law is same for everyone, and that is a FACT as there is only one law.
This is true.

And that law is discriminatory, for everyone.

As a (straight) man I am not allowed to marry another man; though I can marry a woman. A woman is not allowed to marry another woman; though she can marry a man.

This is, quite clearly, discrimination based upon sex.

This discriminatory law should be changed.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:08 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,577,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Ever stop to think that if people are calling you "willfully ignorant" over and over, it's MORE than an insult? It is quite literally the only way to explain your (lack of) thought process?

It's either "stupid" or "ignorant." Pick one. One is something that cannot be cured. The other is a condition that can be cured, unless change is WILLFULLY resisted. Guess which one is worse?
Thank you for proving my point.

And you wonder why people don't support you

Old 01-16-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I truly do not understand why you are ignoring all the reasonable, logical, intelligent posts some people have made on this thread in a vain attempt to open your mind.
Whats up with that?
I really dont understand.
I have not seen a single post on this thread which would prove that the law treats people differently. I see the point you are trying to argue, and I am sure you want it to be true, but it can't change the fact that the law is same for all. The only problem is the fact that you do not like the law, and you want it changed.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:20 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,970,341 times
Quote:
I have not seen a single post on this thread which would prove that the law treats people differently. I see the point you are trying to argue, and I am sure you want it to be true, but it can't change the fact that the law is same for all. The only problem is the fact that you do not like the law, and you want it changed.
The law is NOT the same for all, thats what you are being so willfully myopic about, and that is what I do not get.
-shrugs-
One can only suppose that it really does not matter in the long run, because the laws WILL be changed, in spite of the myopia of folks such as yourself.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:21 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,091,772 times
Quote:
//www.city-data.com/forum/22565981-post155.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/22566605-post170.html

You're so out of touch it's ridiculous. Not even the pro banning gay marriage side, when taken to court, argues that the law treats everybody the same. The acknowledge the discrimination and argue that the discrimination is good, legal, and necessary.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
it's so ANGERING when i here people say that.

since i have a DIFFERENT SEXUAL ORIENTATION.. how is it equal for me to marry in accoradance with STRAIGHT PEOPLES ORIENTATION?

heterosexuals get to marry in accoradance with their UNCHOSEN sexual orientation... so the very premise that i have an 'equal' right to marry is stupid.
Many straight people would like to have more than one spouse, but the law says no. The law is what it is. A cocaine user can argue that the law is unfair because some other people can drink alcohol, but he can't snort cocaine. It is what it is. An alcoholic is not allowed to snort cocaine either, so the law applies the same to both addicts.

Everyone has equal right to marry one spouse of the opposite sex regardless of their sexual orientation. It is not complicated. Can gay men marry straight women? Yes, and they do. Gay women can marry straight men, and gay women can marry gay men. It has nothing to do with sexual orientation.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:24 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,216,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I didn't link you to a periodical, I linked you to pages and pages of data on the subject of homosexuality and the possibility of it being a mental disorder. You of course picked the one periodical you wanted and used it as your only example. Until the 1970s homosexuality was listed as a mental illness by the World Health Organization and the American Psychiatric Association, .
Until the 1970's lobotomies were recognized as an acceptable treatment for mental illness. Papa Kennedy gave his own daughter a lobotomy. Are you implying that lobotomies are a legitimate form of treatment?? The field of psychiatry is a fairly new field and is rapidly developing. Unless you have recent studies conducted by professionals you have no proof of your wild clalims.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:25 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,291,161 times
Quote:
I have not seen a single post on this thread which would prove that the law treats people differently.
Yes you have. You just ignored it or chose not to think about it.

Bob is able to enter into marriage.

Jeff is able to enter into marriage.

Sally is able to enter into marriage.

Bob and Sally are able to enter into marriage together.
Bob and Jeff are NOT able to enter into marriage together.

The law treats Jeff and Sally differently, based solely upon their sex. This is sex discrimination.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
//www.city-data.com/forum/22565981-post155.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/22566605-post170.html

You're so out of touch it's ridiculous. Not even the pro banning gay marriage side, when taken to court, argues that the law treats everybody the same. The acknowledge the discrimination and argue that the discrimination is good, legal, and necessary.
I am a straight male. Can I marry another man?

No, I cannot, so don't tell me the law is different for you and me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies