Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 11:23 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,905,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Do you have any clue how far-reaching the effects of $5 a gallon gas would be? Do you have any idea how many things are delivered to stores and the like by trucks that use gas?
Most large trucks are diesel which is typically higher in price than gasoline... It doesn't cost the truck driver. He gets an increased fuel surcharge which is passed along to the consumer. Who loses in the end? YOU DO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 11:25 PM

31,841 posts, read 14,828,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I don't care if gas prices go up on Obama's watch...... If they double between now and next november, he is toast. There is no way he will be re-elected.

I don't know about that. The alternative looks to be Romney who changes every day. He is now going the conservative route. Let's see how that works for him

Old 01-15-2012, 11:27 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,930,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
most of mid-america is sprawling suburbs.surprise surprise. you have a tanked economy and no infrastructure now.

i hope gas prices skyrocket and car companies all go bankrupt. maybe then the beltway boys in DC will see what a cardinal error they have made in trying to manipulate the masses.

I think you're being generous. I doubt the 1% much care about anything beyond their own bloated bank accounts. They have enough wealth to keep them swimming in riches for several lifetimes, more money and power than they know what to do with. But somehow it is still not enough. So they have no qualms about destroying the country and doing literally anything to expand their own personal power and wealth even further. They are incapable of guilt.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:29 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,396,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Most large trucks are diesel which is typically higher in price than gasoline... It doesn't cost the truck driver. He gets an increased fuel surcharge which is passed along to the consumer. Who loses in the end? YOU DO.
That's what I meant. Prices of pretty much everything go up when gas/diesel prices do.

When gas prices go up, diesel prices generally do as well. They're both made from crude oil.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:31 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,396,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I don't know about that. The alternative looks to be Romney who changes every day. He is now going the conservative route. Let's see how that works for him
He's not flip flopping every day.

Mitt Romney | Setting the Record Straight - This explains why he's not really that much of a "flip flopper."

Old 01-15-2012, 11:34 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,515,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
I think you're being generous. I doubt the 1% much care about anything beyond their own bloated bank accounts. They have enough wealth to keep them swimming in riches for several lifetimes, more money and power than they know what to do with. But somehow it is still not enough. So they have no qualms about destroying the country and doing literally anything to expand their own personal power and wealth even further. They are incapable of guilt.
I agree. Most in Congress have 12 cars...they never drive, why do they give a damn if average Americans cannot get to work.....

anyone who watches linktv.com and saw the film gashole knows all oil and gas is manipulated by the Options market and Wall Street. Same bs since the 1970's. Those of us who had to hear our parents live through the 80's recession are seeing the same market manipulation play out, it is nothing new, sadly.........

Its sickening and shameful. I am sick of the corruption.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:35 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,905,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
That's what I meant. Prices of pretty much everything would go up.

When gas prices go up, diesel prices generally do as well; right?
Absolutely right....In fact, diesel prices typically go up higher by percentage than does gasoline. I am a truck driver (owner operator) and if you think I am going to eat the cost, you better think again... In fact I will raise my rates even further to offset my costs when I go to the store.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:38 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,515,547 times
mitt and obama are owned by deutshe bank and Citi. They arent going to care what any voter pays for gas. get real.

GasHole - The Official Movie Website

Old 01-20-2012, 05:04 PM

998 posts, read 1,211,008 times
Gasoline prices had been falling for some time in response to the slowing world economy.

Until congress just let the ethanol tax credit expire at the first of the year.

So now you have to pay more taxes on your gasoline at the pump.

This also cut gasolines competition so gas prices will continue to rise.

This caused a price spike at the pump that took effect January 1, 2012 & will continue. Enjoy the higher prices.

http://66.70.86.64/ChartServer/ch.gaschart?Country=Canada&Crude=f&Period=1&Areas= StLouis,,&Unit=US $/G (broken link)

Old 01-20-2012, 07:02 PM

24,342 posts, read 22,900,292 times
I filled up the tank so I'd have extra traction for the snow we're supposed to get tomorrow. $ 3.49 a gallon in SE Pa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies