Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2012, 06:03 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quenelle View Post
If it's not so great why do you live there?
I don't live in the US.
What's this garbage about telling people where they can live?
Do you think Ireland sucks?
Seems as if some of us can see our countries without blinders on or jingoistic flags waving all around.
Blind patriotism is not a gift to any country.

Apparently you like to make things up about posters who find fault with illegal and immoral actions that you don't agree with.

Twice you've looked silly with your comments about posters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 06:05 PM

409 posts, read 318,540 times
^Of course YMMV! War is hell!

Old 01-19-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Why are you demanding I join the military?
I wasn't demanding, I asked why you didn't.
If asking a person who believes in flaunting the Geneva Conventions a question becomes a demand, I see no reason to continue discourse with you.

Sorry about your brother, but if you enjoy being a warmonger, isn't supporting the military a life you would cherish?
You seem to enjoy ranting on and on in support of crimes taken by the side you agree with against the dead. I guess desecrating a corpse is a good thing to you.

Quote:
I was expecting to get a b*******g from Chielgirl for asking why I should join the Military and perhaps some nasty remarks from her because I had lived through the war in London. You know, knew as a civilian what it was like to be bombed? She has been very quiet, perhaps she is watering her garden?
Perhaps I was sleeping, or maybe because I don't spend my entire life on line supporting bad decisions in bad wars.
I live in a different time zone and am on holiday in yet another.

No need to respond, I won't be reading it.

Last edited by chielgirl; 01-19-2012 at 06:17 PM..

Old 01-19-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxQ View Post
Someone who gets it!

That's funny you say that. The common reaction was laughing, though some wouldn't admit to it in such a thread and to a bunch of civilians.

So, getting shot at by Stingers that we gave them when they were fighting the Russians in the 80s doesn't count? I'll buy that for a dollar. The only people who I trust is US. Thank you very much!
I'm not talking about the actions taken by others, but by those taken by US military members in our little incursion into the middle east.

Quit comparing apples and oranges.
Deflection does not make for debate.

We are the aggressors here. We attacked their country.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I don't live in the US.
What's this garbage about telling people where they can live?
Do you think Ireland sucks?
Seems as if some of us can see our countries without blinders on or jingoistic flags waving all around.
Blind patriotism is not a gift to any country.

Apparently you like to make things up about posters who find fault with illegal and immoral actions that you don't agree with.

Twice you've looked silly with your comments about posters.
I'm glad I saw that. Really, I am!

Old 01-19-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
I'm glad I saw that. Really, I am!
Why, I can't be against war and bad behavior from our government (and military members are part of the government) and live in the US?
I'm a US citizen with strong anti-war, anti-violence leanings.
And I'm vocal about it.

There are millions of us.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
I'm not talking about the actions taken by others, but by those taken by US military members in our little incursion into the middle east.

Quit comparing apples and oranges.
Deflection does not make for debate.

We are the aggressors here. We attacked their country.
Hopefully we will keep them from coming back here again. I don't think we give a rip about them. We just want to make sure they don't come back.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Why, I can't be against war and bad behavior from our government (and military members are part of the government) and live in the US?
I'm a US citizen with strong anti-war, anti-violence leanings.
And I'm vocal about it.

There are millions of us.
It sorta lets you off the hook. I guess, I'm not so shocked or supprized at what you are posting, is what I'm saying.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Hopefully we will keep them from coming back here again. I don't think we give a rip about them. We just want to make sure they don't come back.
With behavior like this and Gitmo and Abu Graib, etc. etc. we continue to make more enemies.
It's our behaviors at this time that are our biggest problem.
Get out of their countries, we're not welcome.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
With behavior like this and Gitmo and Abu Graib, etc. etc. we continue to make more enemies.
It's our behaviors at this time that are our biggest problem.
Get out of their countries, we're not welcome.
That's funny you say that. I see it as scaring the crap out of everyone who wishes us harm or wants us all dead. We can get VERY nasty if we have to! Your worst nightmare! Don't make us do it! That goes for the guys who are actually out "humping it" in the field and pulling triggers. The people who make the rules and write the books don't know anything about it. Only where the bags go when they come home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies