Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2012, 10:00 AM

409 posts, read 318,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Over 100,000 Iraqis killed, they had nothing to do with 11 Sept.
The US is the aggressor in this war, not the Afghanis nor the Iraqis.
The taliban was not all middle easterners, still isn't.
But don't you think we create more every time we kill innocent people in the country that we invaded.

Didn't we get bin laden?

Bad behavior is bad behavior, you don't get a break because you're from the US, and certainly not because you joined the military of your own volition.

Nice rant.
I don't put much credence in jingoistic screeds.
Nothing to do with 911? Nothing? They might not shoot at you, but would spit on you, or hit you with their shoe if given the chance. They don't because they are cowards! They DO hate America and Americans though. If you think otherwise, hang on a moment, so I can go laugh! No, we don't create more. We reduce that number. Sometimes people need to be taught a valuable lesson. Bad boys...the REAL bad boys are BAD BEHAVIOR!! That's hilarious you don't see that or know it! Most could go into exact detail of how they ARE going to kill their enemy before actually doing it. Does that scare you? Very good, it should! They don't hold hands and get into sharing feelings as snacks are passed out. Stay off my lawn!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 10:03 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
^^^
What are you ranting about?
I travel to Muslim countries, heck, I was in the south of Thailand just last week.

I think you're missing the part where we invaded their country.
The US is the bad guy here.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:25 AM

499 posts, read 581,119 times
Quote:
You want us to be the same as the least common denominator?
So, sure, we become the scum of the earth.
We're already the oppressors in the middle east; we have no right being there.
Soldiers urinating on local people who are fighting for their country is bringing dishonor to our country, their countrymen and causing more hatred of the US.

But if you think that's okay, I'm sure you're going to join the military, right?
Put your life where your questionable values are.

Bull.
I'm not proud of any troops in this "war" - our incursion into the middle east.
Nor should you be.
They're not protecting us from anything.
We are the oppressors.

You cannot complain about anything any Afghani or other local combatant does to an invader after what we do.
You think it's okay for this "side" (that is, the wrong side) to do to others whatever it likes, but don't like it when it happens to you.

Hypocrisy much.
Are you joining the military?
Why are you demanding I join the military? I don't understand your reasoning, what has your insistance that I join the military got to do with anything? I don't actually think they would want me because of my age. Yes, I do know about war. I spent the war years in London as a very young child. I know what it's like to be bombed night after night, to see school children being strafed by an enemy 'plane that managed to get through. You can't tell me anything about what it's like for civilians as I know. I've been there! My father died. My 19 year old brother was killed in Malaya after the war while fighting the Communists. My husband served 23 years as a Royal Marine Commando and now you insist that I join the Military

Last edited by quenelle; 01-19-2012 at 10:36 AM..

Old 01-19-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
I feel the same way and I'm a US citizen.
Tough to meet people not drinking the violence and oppressor kool-aid.

It's none of your business what/how people feel about their countries.
You left yours.
Please feel free to join the military, you can put your hatefulness to good use.
Deserve to live somewhere, oh please.
The US isn't so great as a visitor might think.
If it's not so great why do you live there?

Old 01-19-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Many Americans would never volunteer to go to war, that alone sets them apart. Secondly, those Marines are actually fighting in a war, which to people like you is equivalent to everyday life in the protected streets of your home town.

Let me ask you, do you normally curse violently at other people, or blurt out obscenities, during the humdrum of your normal everyday life? How about when you stub your toe in the dark, bang your head on a sharp object that you did not see, or have someone slam an open door into your face? What about if you witnessed a thief bashing in the window of your car, this last December, and quickly stole the gifts you left in the car?

The point is, when people encounter extremely high levels of stress, discomfort or when they are personally afflicted by the actions of another person, they can act in ways which are out of character for them, under normal circumstances. These men are away from home, fighting a war, being shot at, witnessing death, and all you did was stub your toe getting a glass of water in the middle of the night.
Someone who gets it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
And that's exactly why these men should be punished severely for damaging the name of all Marines.
That's funny you say that. The common reaction was laughing, though some wouldn't admit to it in such a thread and to a bunch of civilians.

Quote:
^^^
I travel to Muslim countries, heck, I was in the south of Thailand just last week.

So, getting shot at by Stingers that we gave them when they were fighting the Russians in the 80s doesn't count? I'll buy that for a dollar. The only people who I trust is US. Thank you very much!

Old 01-19-2012, 02:12 PM

What happened to this thread Was it closed down for some reason? Nobody told me!

Old 01-19-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quenelle View Post
What happened to this thread Was it closed down for some reason? Nobody told me!
No, I don't think it was. Why would anyone need their opinons silenced?

Old 01-19-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxQ View Post
No, I don't think it was. Why would anyone need their opinons silenced?
I was expecting to get a b*******g from Chielgirl for asking why I should join the Military and perhaps some nasty remarks from her because I had lived through the war in London. You know, knew as a civilian what it was like to be bombed? She has been very quiet, perhaps she is watering her garden?

Old 01-19-2012, 03:15 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times
Quote:
^^^

You know, they cane people in Thailand, as a form of punishment.

The Taliban murder their own people, just for not being Muslim enough, sorry pal, they are the bad guys here.

Just one example:

Genocide Of Hazara - YouTube

Old 01-19-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quenelle View Post
I was expecting to get a b*******g from Chielgirl for asking why I should join the Military and perhaps some nasty remarks from her because I had lived through the war in London. You know, knew as a civilian what it was like to be bombed? She has been very quiet, perhaps she is watering her garden?
I have my own reasons for believing what I do. You clearly have your own. One thing we both agree on, is the two of us both love our OWN Countries. Something lacking in this thread. JMHO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies