Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 01:22 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Really? Change for the worse, is that where you want to go? I think we can all infer that the Change that Obama meant was to make us better.
I think we can all infer that making radical changes does not equal status quo, or maybe not, this is the internet where logic and words means nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 01:25 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
In a sign of desperation, we're hearing Democrats and Liberals from all flanks saying "nothing will change"......."Mitt Romney will be no different"....."I'll hold my nose and vote for Obama although he sucks".......and a plethora of other proclamations insinuating that we can expect more of the same from Washington DC after the 2012 elections.

This coming from a group of people who fell for the "Hope and Change" mantra hook, line, and sinker.

You never questioned him. He was black. He was attractive. He had a beautiful family. Experience? Who needs it?! And now you see how not performing your due diligence has cost you to the point you're now admitting "nothing will change."

The point? All this blather and excuse-making is in fact a de facto admission that Barack Obama is an utter failure. No Hope. No Change. You were hoodwinked.

I call this The Liberal Awakening. A rhetorical Pie In the Face Slapdown for being the sheep that Obama wanted you to be in 2008. All of you should be embarrassed for being so horribly duped.

The collective groan from the right: "We Told You So."
Yeah I know if only Obama had not been elected things would be "the way they are supposed to be". Everyone would "know their place". It would be "the way it always has been"

Old 02-02-2012, 01:28 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
In a sign of desperation, we're hearing Democrats and Liberals from all flanks saying "nothing will change"......."Mitt Romney will be no different"....."I'll hold my nose and vote for Obama although he sucks".......and a plethora of other proclamations insinuating that we can expect more of the same from Washington DC after the 2012 elections.

This coming from a group of people who fell for the "Hope and Change" mantra hook, line, and sinker.

You never questioned him. He was black. He was attractive. He had a beautiful family. Experience? Who needs it?! And now you see how not performing your due diligence has cost you to the point you're now admitting "nothing will change."

The point? All this blather and excuse-making is in fact a de facto admission that Barack Obama is an utter failure. No Hope. No Change. You were hoodwinked.

I call this The Liberal Awakening. A rhetorical Pie In the Face Slapdown for being the sheep that Obama wanted you to be in 2008. All of you should be embarrassed for being so horribly duped.

Sadly many still don't as evidenced by the posts here.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Really? Where was the collective groan from the right at Bush, his second term, invading Iraq on false premises, letting the Chinese steal a spy place, mission accomplished, greeted as liberators, the war in Iraq will pay for itself, Where's Waldo, err bin Laden, the Great Recession, etc.

Other than you're a partisan and your listen to your emotions and not your brain, you have no content to your post. I'm not even a liberal. It's just sad to see a grown adult so unable to put together his own thoughts.

There's been plenty of change in 3 years just as there has been in any Presidency. The guy did Healthcare reform (in spite of opposition by Republicans to ANY healthcare reform), wound down the War in Iraq, changed strategy in Afghanistan, CAFE standards, changed policy on torture, Gays in the Military, etc. Thus, whining about there being no changes is rather silly and infantile.

I'm not so sure that you should be whining about 2008 sheep. Feel free to look back. The Republicans had full control of the entire government for 6/8 years of Bush. How was the economy when they left? How many wars were we in? What was happening with the fiscal situation? How was the real estate market? Bubbled?

I'd be careful. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Great post. Just terrific. He also stopped those banks from ripping off people with those stupid fees and got transparency into the credit card game And I know fatcats hate that.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:32 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
Quote:

You seem to forget one thing; Obama is not to blame for the crap this country is in.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:32 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
He has admitted that there has been big changes, while at the same time the status quo has remained and there has been, NO CHANGES
The status quo is that the **** has gotten more pugnant. A different turd than 2008, but still a turd.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:34 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Great post. Just terrific. He also stopped those banks from ripping off people with those stupid fees and got transparency into the credit card game And I know fatcats hate that.
He stopped banks from ripping people off with fees? LOL

Are you serious? Before Barack Obama was hired, I had a zero fee checking, with interest. Now I have a $17 per month "maintenance fee" on my checking accounts.

So much for "stopping banks."

Old 02-02-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I didn't see hope and change but a mainline Chicago politician and haven't seen anything else since. Forget black or liberal or the rest. I consider my politics non-liberal and non-conservative and non-libertarian so I'm an eclectic. But while McCain himself wouldn't have done too much damage, a man with a heart condition and an idiot like Palin as a running mate? Ugh.

Since I wasn't disspointed since I didn't expect much, and absolutly dispise the whole tea party mess, so long as the repulicians feel they must cater to them I'll not touch them. I don't like any of the rebubs. I'd like the officials of our government to ALL quit acting like spiteful children. So I'll stick with the known least harmful quantity in Obama.

Sadly all we have out there are ideologs, radical righters with disgusting social issures, and spindoctors....
I'm sure glad the right doesn't have the smarts to listen to voters like you tell them the truth. If they would have and got rid of the tea party and the birthers Obama might have to actually try hard. But they didn't and in fact have doubled down on that nonsense Thats good for the big O

Old 02-02-2012, 01:40 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
So, who is saying these things, do you have some citations or links? Just wondering, it would help knowing who said what.

Quote:

Old 02-02-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I want Romney to be nominated by the GOP. Because I support President Obama's re-election. And I think Mitt is the weakest of GOP candidates, against the President. Largely because his behavior has been so similar to the President's. If the GOP wants a referrendum on where the nation should go, nominate Santorum. The results will settle the questions, once and for all.
Thats what I want a head to head battle. Nominate a tea party man and see how the Country feels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies