Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 07:20 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
To be fair, guys can get (and often do) get erections when angered or disgusted. It could just be a biological response and not necessarily an act of arousal.
Actually those studies took that into account I believe. The sensor doesn't work in the case of anger or disgust.

Quote:
The body doesn't always do what we think it should do. Another example is that some rape victims (both male and female) have had orgasms during the act of rape. So it's probably not the best to use that line of arguing.
I don't think all the homophobes in that study were uniquely able to get aroused by anger or disgust. The fact that we see nearly weekly all the anti-gay family values Republicans getting caught in gay scandals pretty much supports the theory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 01:21 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,259,038 times
It's some of those feminine types that are the best fighters out there. They're even tougher if they are a person of color or grew up in a poor area. Why? They learned to fight at a young age and have had to defend themselves for a long time. In short, if you run into a 6 foot 8, effeminate, black drag queen in the ghetto, be nice to her because, pound for pound, she will probably do more damage than a linebacker of the same size. You just never can tell.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:25 PM

77 posts, read 145,618 times
I would say I am straight-acting "gay man".

But usually just because a guy is flamboyant. Doesn't mean he is a bottom. In actuality. Those guys "realize" they are flamboyant. In a sense they "ACCEPT" themselves for who they are. Personality-wise AND sex-wise. So usually those guys tend to be either top or bottom. I've met flamboyant guys who are TOTAL tops more than once.

What' is my message to this story? Gay guys who are comfortable with their sexuality and live "in neutrality" with the world. Don't really create labels. Remember isolating people is what creates labels.
THE ONLY way for people (gay people or minorities) to become "just like everybody else" is to Accept them for they are. Accept people who are different.
Eventually they will become just like everybody else. It's only when you ISOLATE people. It is then that they create their own "sub-culture" to live by. Something to think about.

I am a vers/top. Normal jock guy.

But I've met military powerful guys who are extremely macho, who are total bottoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
It's some of those feminine types that are the best fighters out there. They're even tougher if they are a person of color or grew up in a poor area. Why? They learned to fight at a young age and have had to defend themselves for a long time. In short, if you run into a 6 foot 8, effeminate, black drag queen in the ghetto, be nice to her because, pound for pound, she will probably do more damage than a linebacker of the same size. You just never can tell.

I've been in fights before. I used to love getting a rush for using my fists (no pun intended )
Usually when I see a drag queen walking proud on the street like they were owning a runway. I think to myself this person has a pair of balls (literally) to do that.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:32 PM

5 posts, read 18,622 times
Not all gay men are flamboyant. It just depends on the person. Just like there are all types of straight people, there are also all types of gay people. If "straight" people don't understand that, they are just being ignorant. Not that they aren't already ignorant about gay people.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:41 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,662,572 times
A lot of gay men take care of their bodies. Anyone who has spent his time in the gym knows this but there is more to being 'manly' than how you fill out your shirt. And many gay man lack that. I can't put my finger on it, but I can tell whose gay and whose not too much of the time and I'm sure everyone can as well. I remember this girl I was dating who actually lived with 3 gay roommates. I can't remember how the topic came up but I ended up asking her if she was attracted to gay men. She said that initially she can be attracted to their bodies but as she gets to know them they're too feminine but they make good friends. So men are not the only people who notice it.

Anyways, the nastiest fighters are the trannies. Still remember this guy getting his eye scraped out. He thought he was picking on some wimpy man, afterall all dressed and dolled up he looked like a woman.... Moral of the story is the meanest person wins the fight so it's nothing to brag about.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:57 PM

649 posts, read 1,132,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I am not afraid to get hit or hit hard in a fight. i've been in brawls before. i lift weights. i live in north dakota and i'm of scandinavian descent. i come from a culture and family of people who are brave. i do not like fights in the sense that i never seek out a fight or never want to hurt somebody but am not afraid of defending myself and if attacked i take it all the way.

If a straight guy who wants to fight me finds out i'm gay half the time he'll back off. i've been told because it's a no win situation for him. If he loses that means that he lost to a gay guy and if he wins (which in my case he would have to kill me because i'd keep coming until he does) then he attacked a gay person.

but

I think it's funny that lots of straight guys have a stereotype that gay means wimpy. not so.
that soldier that was shamefully booed by the GOP voters at a debate looks like he could easily kick anyone's ass
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies