Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 10:10 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,574,751 times

Advertisements

I am not afraid to get hit or hit hard in a fight. i've been in brawls before. i lift weights. i live in north dakota and i'm of scandinavian descent. i come from a culture and family of people who are brave. i do not like fights in the sense that i never seek out a fight or never want to hurt somebody but am not afraid of defending myself and if attacked i take it all the way.

If a straight guy who wants to fight me finds out i'm gay half the time he'll back off. i've been told because it's a no win situation for him. If he loses that means that he lost to a gay guy and if he wins (which in my case he would have to kill me because i'd keep coming until he does) then he attacked a gay person.

but

I think it's funny that lots of straight guys have a stereotype that gay means wimpy. not so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 10:13 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I am not afraid to get hit or hit hard in a fight. i've been in brawls before. i lift weights. i live in north dakota and i'm of scandinavian descent. i come from a culture and family of people who are brave. i do not like fights in the sense that i never seek out a fight or never want to hurt somebody but am not afraid of defending myself and if attacked i take it all the way.

If a straight guy who wants to fight me finds out i'm gay half the time he'll back off. i've been told because it's a no win situation for him. If he loses that means that he lost to a gay guy and if he wins (which in my case he would have to kill me because i'd keep coming until he does) then he attacked a gay person.

but

I think it's funny that lots of straight guys have a stereotype that gay means wimpy. not so.
Well, you don't sound like the stereotypical effeminate gay male.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:14 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,228 times
Maybe folks that think that think of the drag queen ," bottom" type of homosexual . Per say " the woman" in the relationship. Lets face it , typicaly when you see a gay male couple they are not realy the same. One if you ran into in a bar or a store you may or may not know he is gay. The " bottom" on the other hand is basicly a chic with a dick.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:15 AM

712 posts, read 1,366,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post

but

OK you are obviously here to get the truth and you are in luck today. The hard truth is that being gay is actually a disease. Sure there is no cure yet today, but one day there will. We are all human beings and we all have a right to live as we are.

Being a wimp has nothing to do with being gay. But just be aware that just because you are a tough gay person, that doesn't make you normal.

I am sure you might take this point the wrong way, but all that is being said here is that being gay is just like having a disease like autism or deformed limbs, etc. Men and Women were put on this earth to reproduce, anything outside of that scope is simply an anomalie.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:17 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times
Ignorance. My dad grew up in the bay area of California in the 50s and 60s. When I was young, he gave me some valuable advice. He told me not to assume that gays can't fight. He explained that they get picked on a lot and as a result many of them become vicious fighters. Dad had what many Americans do not, however -- real experience with actual homosexuals on which to base his opinions.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:20 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,574,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
OK you are obviously here to get the truth and you are in luck today. The hard truth is that being gay is actually a disease. Sure there is no cure yet today, but one day there will. We are all human beings and we all have a right to live as we are.

Being a wimp has nothing to do with being gay. But just be aware that just because you are a tough gay person, that doesn't make you normal.

I am sure you might take this point the wrong way, but all that is being said here is that being gay is just like having a disease like autism or deformed limbs, etc. Men and Women were put on this earth to reproduce, anything outside of that scope is simply an anomalie.
sorry, i have no disease, what i do have is a minority trait caused by hormones altering the brain in the womb.

that's called a DIFFERENCE.

and there is no need for a cure.

also if you think the only and main reason we exist is procreation, than you are more animal than human. some of us value higher things in life.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:20 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Maybe folks that think that think of the drag queen ," bottom" type of homosexual . Per say " the woman" in the relationship. Lets face it , typicaly when you see a gay male couple they are not realy the same. One if you ran into in a bar or a store you may or may not know he is gay. The " bottom" on the other hand is basicly a chic with a dick.
I'm a gay guy and as masculine as they come. I ski, hike, camp, am very athletic (all state athlete in HS), raving NFL (and almost any other sport) fan. My friend group is mostly very masculine straight (a lot of ex-Marines at the moment, including my roommate). You'd never know I was gay unless I told you.

When I'm in a relationship or just fooling around, I'm almost always the "bottom."

Last edited by hammertime33; 01-16-2012 at 10:34 AM..

Old 01-16-2012, 10:21 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,563 times
Quote:

If you're going to "kindly" tell someone they are diseased, then I get to tell you that no, YOU are the anomaly.

Gay men are assumed to be wimps because they are disparaged for being closer to women than men, and since women are assumed to be the weaker sex, gay men get dumped with the same characteristics. It's also due to the fact that some aggressive people will find some characteristic about someone else and proclaim it weaker to assume a position of dominance. A bunch of manly straight men must do something to prove their manhood and saying gay men are lower than they are is one way of accomplishing that. [An aside: the best case of justice I know is a situation where a Brit guy used to beat up gay men, he beat them up til they were bloody; well, his final victim's blood was tainted with AIDS and he got the disease from the men he hated.]

It takes courage and strength to be a gay man since the threats still exist. It's just taking time for our culture to finally accept that all men are created equal.

Last edited by mhouse2001; 01-16-2012 at 10:29 AM..

Old 01-16-2012, 10:29 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I'm a gay guy and as masculine as they come. I ski, hike, camp, am very athletic (all state athlete in HS), raving NFl (and almost any other sport) fan. My friend group is mostly very masculine straight (a lot of ex-Marines at the moment, including my roommate). You'd never know I was gay unless I told you.

When I'm in a relationship or just fooling around, I'm almost always the "bottom."

Interesting. do you date masculine men , or more the womanly type?

Old 01-16-2012, 10:31 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
The hard truth is that being gay is actually a disease.
Got any proof of that?
Links that go to the AMA substantiating your claim?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies