Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2012, 09:11 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

"Mikkelsen" sounds like a Danish name.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:20 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times
[quote=wehotex;22577064]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
And it doesn't stop there. The Judge Mahili from Georgia also subpoenaed Obama's certified Selective Service SS-5 form that many have deemed fraudulent. Witnesses have been subpoenaed to testify about the Connecticutt Social Security number he's been using. Obama’s qualifications have been challenged, so Obama has the ultimate burden to convince the fact finding judge that he is legally qualified to hold the office for which he seeks election. There is something going on here that is more important than the subpoena. If Obama fails to produce he could be left off the ballot. If Obama fails to qualify, a majority of the People are going to realize he is not a NBC. It says this from the article:

"In an order written January 3, 2012, Malihi ruled that Georgia state law is very clear – any candidate for federal or state office must meet the qualifications of that office and that Georgia electors have the right to challenge those qualifications in court. As a result, Malihi flatly denied Obama’s motion to dismiss and scheduled a hearing for January 26."

Obama is not too popular in Georgia and this could be the case that breaks him. No way the MSM can’t block the story if this happens. It should be a interesting day on January 26th at 9am in the Georgia courthouse. This is just one of three different cases or ballot challenges the judge will hear that day.

BREAKING UPDATE – JUDGE SUBPOENAS OBAMA AND MULTIPLE DOCUMENTS | Political Vel Craft

What a truly messed up country that this nutjob judge could do this to a sitting POTUS.
He can't. Don't hold your breath waiting for the President to show up.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:23 PM

779 posts, read 537,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yeah, its definitely Scandinavian. Looked it up on a surname map and it's showing Denmark and Norway as having the highest concentration of Mikkelsons. It definitely didn't sound like a Jewish surname (there are exceptions though, of course) which is what first got me thinking that I should google this absurd claim. Surname etymology (and linguistics in general) is one of my useless hobbies.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:52 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Don't hold your breath waiting for the President to show up.
agreed. my thoughts are that jablonski will re-file and provide legal authority for the request or the judge will require a deposition from the president. as fun as it sounds i don't believe it's likely we'll see obama in court on thursday.

one thing i'm curious about, i'm not sure what statement anybody can give in court about their own birth, beyond providing a COLB, that wouldn't be hearsay ( "my birth? ah yes, i remember it well........" ).

should be a fun week in birtherville whatever happens.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:53 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
So now it the real agenda emerges...

LMAO
Yeah, been the agenda all along. PROVE your eligibility to run or else prepare to not be on the ballot.

Old 01-21-2012, 02:11 AM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,085 times
Hatfield puts Obama on the stand:

Hatfield: Mr. Obama ... is that your real name, or should I refer to you as Mr. Dunham???

Obama: mrrr, br, ffrrre

Hatfield: I’m sorry, I can’t understand you ...

Obama: I’m having trouble reading my teleprompter ...

Hatfield: Your name, sir??

Obama: Obama is fine.

Hatfield: And it’s your claim that your parents were not really married when you were born as your PDF shows??

Obama: Yes, that’s right. My father was already married in Kenya.

Hatfield: So this makes you a bastard???

Obama: Yes, that’s true, I’m a bastard.

Hatfield: Can we make sure this is entered properly. The defendant says he is a bastard. Sir, how do we know you’re really a bastard??

Obama: Ask anyone ... ask my wife, she’ll tell you. I’m a bastard.

Hatfield: But can you prove you’re a bastard??

Obama: It’s the truth. I’m a real, honest-to-Allah .. ummm God, bastard!! What part of “I’m a bastard” don’t you understand???

Jablonski: Objection

Malahi: Denied

Hatfield: So, Mr. Dunham ... ummmm, Obama, you claim you have a right to the office of president because you’re a bastard???

Obama: Absolutely, I’m a natural-born bastard and entitled to my position.

Hatfield: But do we have legal precedent? What other bastards have been president??

Jablonski: Objection, my client can only speak for his own condition as a bastard, not for other presidents ...

Malahi: Denied. Answer the question, bastard.

edge919

Old 01-21-2012, 05:38 AM

that's one possibility ( altho be it on the same level, and possibly for the same purpose, as fan-fiction of cpt kirk and mr spock getting jiggy ).

another possibility is a state issued certified COLB is presented.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:35 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times
Obama's lawyers had petitioned the Georgia judge to withdraw this subpoena.

Today the judge refused, and says Obama must still appear on Jan. 26.

Interestingly, the judge seems to be saying that Obama himself must appear in the courtroom in Georgia. Apparently having his lawyer show up in his place, isn't good enough. I find that a little odd, if I have this correctly.

----------------------------------------------------

Judge whacks Obama in eligibility case

Judge whacks Obama in eligibility case

'Defendant has failed to enlighten the court with legal authority'

Published: 14 hours ago
by Bob Unruh

A Georgia judge has refused a demand from Barack Obama to quash a subpoena to appear at a series of administration hearings Jan. 26 at which residents of the state are challenging, as allowed under a state law, his name on the 2012 presidential ballot.

WND reported this week when Obama outlined a defense strategy for a number of state-level challenges to his candidacy in 2012 which argue that states have nothing to do with the eligibility of presidential candidates.

“Presidential electors and Congress, not the state of Georgia, hold the constitutional responsibility for determining the qualifications of presidential candidates,” Obama’s lawyer argued in a motion to quash a subpoena for him to appear at the hearings in Atlanta Jan. 26.

“The election of President Obama by the presidential electors, confirmed by Congress, makes the documents and testimony sought by plaintiff irrelevant,” the lawyer said.

Judge Michael M. Malihi, however, took a different view.

“Defendant argues that ‘if enforced, [the subpoena] requires him to interrupt duties as president of the United States’ to attend a hearing in Atlanta, Georgia. However, defendant fails to provide any legal authority to support his motion to quash the subpoena to attend,” he wrote in his order, released today.

http://www.art2superpac.com/UserFile...tChallenge.pdf

“Defendant’s motion suggests that no president should be compelled to attend a court hearing. This may be correct. But defendant has failed to enlighten the court with any legal authority,” the judge continued.

“Specifically, defendant has failed to cite to any legal authority evidencing why his attendance is ‘unreasonable or oppressive, or that the testimony … [is] irrelevant, immaterial, or cumulative and unnecessary to a party’s preparation or presentation at the hearing, or that basic fairness dictates that the subpoena should not be enforced.’”

Old 01-21-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Obama's lawyers had petitioned the Georgia judge to withdraw this subpoena.

Today the judge refused, and says Obama must still appear on Jan. 26.
obama's attorney can resubmit the petition on monday ( assumedly this time siting specific legal authority ). it's highly unlikely that obama will be required to physically be in court.

it would appear that the judge isn't going to offer any leeway to either side. good for him. should be a fun week.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:51 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Hey! We're not going to be kept responsible for that sort of crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies