Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2012, 06:17 PM

1,081 posts, read 916,078 times

Advertisements

I bet the left will say slobama is busy leading our military on the 26th and can't be bothered.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:18 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
I bet the left will say slobama is busy leading our military on the 26th and can't be bothered.
no left or right. He'll be in Denver where he was scheduled to go prior to any of the Georgia cases.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:20 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Many people were taught that... complete with a plethora of historical quotations stating exactly that.
Of course... only Birthers seem to "remember" being taught that. But when asked to find an example of a single civics or government textbook ever used in any school district that taught that... crickets.

I've been asking for more than three years. So, IC, can you show us one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent
A natural born citizen is one born in the U.S. to citizen parents, thereby excluding any other country's automatic claim to said person's allegiance at birth.
Since having two citizen parents does not exclude "any other country's automatic claim to said person's allegiance at birth," you appear to be mistaken.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:22 PM

1,081 posts, read 916,078 times
Demmies are scurrying about and getting scared their gov't handouts will soon stop lol!

Old 01-22-2012, 06:23 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Demmies are scurrying about and getting scared their gov't handouts will soon stop lol!
Where?

Old 01-22-2012, 06:31 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
- Obama Jr was born a dual citizen ((USA)+ (US) + (UK)), however the US Constitution Article 2, Section 1, Clause 5 requires a natural born citizen ((USA soil) + (U.S. father) + (U.S. mother)).
Are you suggesting that the citizenship laws of another country affect whether or not somebody born in the US is considered a natural born citizen?

There are people who were born in this country with Italian citizenship because of an Italian grandparent who have two US citizen parents. According to your conclusion, that dual citizens are not natural born citizens, that person would not be a natural born citizen.

There are people in this country who were born with Israeli citizenship because Israel presumptively grants Israeli citizenship to all Jews. According to your conclusion, that dual citizens are not natural born citizens, that person would not be a natural born citizen.

There might be somebody in this country who was born with North Korean citizenship because crazy Kim Jong Il decreed that somebody born in the US is now a North Korean citizen as well. According to your conclusion, that dual citizens are not natural born citizens, that person would not be a natural born citizen.

I wouldn't consider you all that much of a patriot if you think so little of American sovereignty that the decree of a single tinpot dictator anywhere in the world could make anybody born in the US ineligible for the office of the president.

Quote:
A natural born citizen is one born in the U.S. to citizen parents, thereby excluding any other country's automatic claim to said person's allegiance at birth.
I've just provided three situations in which one is born in the US to citizen parents, but yet another country claims said person's allegiance at birth.

Quote:
The U.S. State Department does a good job explaining the problems of dual nationality. It should be ridiculously easy for everyone to understand that having a POTUS and Commander in Chief who was obligated to obey foreign law would be highly problematic.
I spent time traveling in several countries in southeast Asia last year. I was obligated to obey their foreign laws in each country I went to. If I had insulting the King of Thailand while I was there, I could be thrown in prison. If I insult the King of Thailand now that I'm back home, nothing will happen (unless I return to Thailand).

I myself was born a dual citizen, and I have to say that I've never been obligated to obey the laws of the other country whose citizenship I was born with.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:47 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,826,114 times
The Obots on this thread continue to make assumptions by presenting the LFBC to the court its all over. This is false.

My question...how do they propose to present the document to the court. Who is going to present it?

The attorney? The attorney needs a witness to submit evidence for admission to the record. Who is the witness Obots?

Last edited by DraggingCanoe; 01-22-2012 at 06:58 PM..

Old 01-22-2012, 06:50 PM

46,956 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Default Kinda funny...

Now when it looks like the Birfers may be gaining a little ground, some of the more high-profile anti-Obama posters on the board are suddenly joining their ranks. And when this charade is slapped down, it'll be crickets and tumbleweeds. Poor Birfers, people only pretend to like them...

Old 01-22-2012, 06:51 PM

26,573 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
The Obots on this thread continue to make assumptions by presenting the LFBC to the court its all over. This is false.

My question...how do they propose to present the document to the court. Who is going to present it?

The attorney?
if a document is presented it will be a COLB, not the LFBC ( as mentioned earlier ).

Old 01-22-2012, 06:53 PM

46,956 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Are you suggesting that the citizenship laws of another country affect whether or not somebody born in the US is considered a natural born citizen?
That is exactly what they suggest. They're so enamored with Her Majesty, they think the laws of the Crown should get to dictate who is eligible to be President. Isn't it precious?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies