Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2012, 03:37 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
then that's answered by a certified state COLB as per the full faith and credit clause of the constitution.
We'll only know for sure after Obama is out of office and can't twist any arms any longer.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:42 AM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
We'll only know for sure after Obama is out of office and can't twist any arms any longer.
or if the COLB is presented thursday.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:11 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
then that's answered by a certified state COLB as per the full faith and credit clause of the constitution.
And, I just read that his certificate of live birth has been proven fraudulent. It's a FAKE! The one from Kenya is the genuine one. They've traced several Social Security numbers that he's been using that were never assigned to him, and he also applied for college aid as a "foreign student".

It's looking like he's pulled THE WORLD'S GREATEST CON JOB. He pulled the wool over a whole country's eyes, and still has some very strong backers.

But, considering all the backing he's had in the Democratic Party, it may build into one of the biggest scandals this country has ever seen.

Washington Post had a short article in yesterday's edition. Several "lessor" papers had more of the story yesterday, but I have yet to see anything of it on national television.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:19 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
And, I just read that his certificate of live birth has been proven fraudulent. It's a FAKE! The one from Kenya is the genuine one.
I don't think the COLB has been proven real or fake. It will require real testing by an unbiased independent entity. It is "suspected" bogus due to telltale induications of Photshop layering and odd anachronisms. It will have to undergo rigorous testing to determine that for sure, and that probably won't happen as long as Obama can prevent it.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:19 AM

521 posts, read 467,073 times
The MSM is barely covering this story!!! WTF?

Now it's just plain obvious that the media is in cahoots with Osamba and the liberals.

Check all the major media outlets, they refuse to recognize this monumental ordeal.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:32 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,230,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
The MSM is barely covering this story!!! WTF?

Now it's just plain obvious that the media is in cahoots with Osamba and the liberals.

Check all the major media outlets, they refuse to recognize this monumental ordeal.
I just checked all the major news outlets, and you know what else? They're failing to cover the impending invasion of Earth from Jupiter! What a cover-up!

Old 01-23-2012, 04:38 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,890 times
For me, all of this is still "SINKING IN". I never dreamed of anything like this. I simply felt (and still do) that the man is incompetent for the job.

I also knew that the President had to be an American citizen. Even if you're born in a foreign country, but one of your parents is American, you are an American. If you're born to foreign parents, but on American soil, you are American. Yes, I did know about dual citizenship, but did not realize that was an issue for the President. Now, I know the difference between being an American, and being a "natural-born" American. The key words, "only one claim of allegiance" means no dual citizenship. Both parents MUST be Americans.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:22 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
And, I just read that his certificate of live birth has been proven fraudulent...
Where, pray tell, did you just read this? I'm all ears...

Old 01-23-2012, 05:37 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
"The argument is, that as a woman, born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, is a citizen of the United States and of the State in which she resides, she has the right of suffrage as one of the privileges and immunities of her citizenship, which the State cannot by its laws or constitution abridge."

Waite rejected this argument.
Yes, he did.

The court concluded instead that "Being unanimously of the opinion that the Constitution of the United States does not confer the right of suffrage upon any one, and that the constitutions and laws of the several States which commit that important trust to men alone are not necessarily void, we AFFIRM THE JUDGMENT" that her rights were not abridged.

Note; Her citizenship is not even mentioned in the actual ruling.

It was never even an issue before the court.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:41 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Ok. I took someone else's word for it, as in a news article. But, I've done just a little research, as of now. One thing that I did find is that, while the definition is a bit ambiguous, there is one statement that would suggest both parents MUST be US citizens. Georgia may have a case after all.
One statement? By whom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker
If one of the parents is a foreign national, the child has two claims of allegiance. That of his mother, and that of his father. Generally, at the age of 18 (I believe) the child gets to choose one or the other. Since his father was a citizen of Kenya, Obama was born with two claims of allegiance. That might explain the claim that both parents must be US citizens. You'll find it under the heading of the 14th Amendment.
The Constitution tells us what a president must be, not what a President must not be. It says that the president must be a natural born citizen, and says nothing about dual citizenship or split allegiances.

The definition of natural born citizen is unchanged through more than 500 years of Anglo-American common law, to whit:

Anyone born on US soil who is not the child of a foreign diplomat or alien army in hostile occupation is a natural born citizen.

President Obama meets that definition perfectly. He thus is eligible for the Presidency, no matter the citizenship of either of his parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies