Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 05:22 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times

Advertisements

Democrats and Liberals are ranting and raving about the 1,000,000 signatures that have been collected for Scott Walker's recall.

If Scott Walker is subject to the ire of voters for his wildly successful union slapdown, then it stands to reason that Barack Obama is looking at a really nasty election year for shoving Obamacare down our collective throats. This, of course, on top of every other unpopular policy the President has engaged in.

If Scott Walker is toast, then i'd say Barack Obama is too. Democrats would do well to think long and hard about the parallels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 05:49 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,140 times
How does something that is "wildly successful" (your words) turn into a recall. I'm confused.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:04 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,140 times
Are you sure you didn't mean "mildly successful" or "what the freak was I thinking"

Old 01-17-2012, 06:08 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Democrats and Liberals are ranting and raving about the 1,000,000 signatures that have been collected for Scott Walker's recall.

If Scott Walker is subject to the ire of voters for his wildly successful union slapdown, then it stands to reason that Barack Obama is looking at a really nasty election year for shoving Obamacare down our collective throats. This, of course, on top of every other unpopular policy the President has engaged in.

If Scott Walker is toast, then i'd say Barack Obama is too. Democrats would do well to think long and hard about the parallels.
What exactly has President Obama spent money on that conservatives aren't guilty of the exact same thing?

Healthcare? See medicare part D

Military spending? See Bush and Republican congress just a few weeks ago.

Bail outs? See Bush again

Tax cuts? President Obama has lowered taxes since in office, so did Bush.

The list goes on and on.

Now, I will say that the public isn't happy with the way things are going, but Republicans support the exact same thing. Who are you going to vote for? Romney? LOL

Old 01-17-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
What exactly has President Obama spent money on that conservatives aren't guilty of the exact same thing?

Healthcare? See medicare part D

Military spending? See Bush and Republican congress just a few weeks ago.

Bail outs? See Bush again

Tax cuts? President Obama has lowered taxes since in office, so did Bush.

The list goes on and on.

Now, I will say that the public isn't happy with the way things are going, but Republicans support the exact same thing. Who are you going to vote for? Romney? LOL
Huh?

How is this thread related to George W. Bush?

Try again.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
How does something that is "wildly successful" (your words) turn into a recall. I'm confused.
Wildly successful.....as in Union Slapdown. The reason for the recall effort....because he was successful.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:34 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,572 times
Actually, Obama has far more to fear... There are far more people involved.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:11 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

Vegas is always looking to hire good contortionists.

What you're saying is so convoluted that i don't even know how you had the courage to make a thread based on it.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:51 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
Actually, Obama has far more to fear... There are far more people involved.
^^^
What does this mean?
Can you translate for us?

Old 01-18-2012, 06:05 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
However, given the political reality of the Republican destruction of our economy and unmitigated hatred of unions, there is no way I will vote for anyone but President Obama and his Democratic successor.

In the Wisconsin situation I support the people that believe that anyone working for any business should be in a union. This applies to the public and the private sector. Without the power to withhold the work everyone would certainly be cheated by the businesses or governments capability to withhold jobs and set wages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies