Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 07:05 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
It's actually just a quarter of American voters which is only a small number of Americans overall... but it's no big surprise that we've got a ton of idiots in this country, Obama would never had been elected if that weren't true.
He may well have not been elected had a rather large group of idiots not run a fear mongering old man and a ditz against him, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 07:09 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
He may well have not been elected had a rather large group of idiots not run a fear mongering old man and a ditz against him, eh?
McCain and Palin. It was a no brainer as to predicting the 2008 election.

And now in 2012 it looks like Romney (I hope for Paul but I highly doubt it).

Old 01-18-2012, 07:35 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
OP - I am a Liberal, a leftist and a Democrat. I am also an environmental scientist that applies my observational and analytical skills to our society and economy. I find the unrestrained crony capitalism funded by Republican tax breaks and military spending to be a significant threat to our Republic and our economic security.

I am not an idiot or a fool and deeply resent your accusation and slightly veiled threat.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:27 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Last I checked, liberals are lucky to make up 20% of the US population, and too many of them are probably misguided, indoctrinated college kids.
Last time I checked a quarter made up 25%, so you are making an issue out of 5% points? Not to mention that the OP has repeatedly claimed that Obama supporters are idiots. Isn't Obama polling at 45%?

Old 01-18-2012, 08:34 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Last I checked, liberals are lucky to make up 20% of the US population, and too many of them are probably misguided, indoctrinated college kids.
If people like you are the definition of smart and educated, I would prefer to be an ignorant, uneducated idiot. But we can surely agree on something.... conservatives are pretty well guided.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:48 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
McCain and Palin. It was a no brainer as to predicting the 2008 election.

And now in 2012 it looks like Romney (I hope for Paul but I highly doubt it).

Yeah, thank goodness the GOP is finally putting someone out there who can relate to the common man. After all, when you can refer to $374,000 as "not very much" it's obvious you have your finger on the very pulse of middle-class America, eh?

Old 01-18-2012, 08:55 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
The Democrats can pretend to believe they have solutions to the enormous economic problems they have created under Obama, problems that persist today only because of their wreck-less spending over the last few decades, but they can't escape the reality that their plans are always flawed and immensely ignorant. Idiots have no business running the country.

Quiz: Are you a liberal idiot?

NOTE: I'm well aware of how to spell reckless, apparently some people aren't catching the sarcasm.
Use of "wreck-less" was an attempt at sarcasm? Clearly, we're no match when it comes to calling out the ignorant. With that being said, democrats seem to realize that we don't live in the perfect world. Republicans, however, always claim to be "innocent"... the victim card.

So much for "ignorance".

Old 01-18-2012, 09:16 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,246 times
Quote:
The Democrats can pretend to believe they have solutions to the enormous economic problems they have created under Obama, problems that persist today only because of their wreck-less spending over the last few decades, but they can't escape the reality that their plans are always flawed and immensely ignorant. Idiots have no business running the country.

NOTE: I'm well aware of how to spell reckless, apparently some people aren't catching the sarcasm.
I read your post a few times. You do a good job of calling any democrat an idiot, but your post doesn't make any sense. You give no context to what you're calling about. Thus, it's sort of ironic that you're calling others idiots.

Perhaps in the future you can actually explain what you're talking about, so anyone reading the post will understand.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:24 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
The Dems ever-present ignorance problem
The Dems know there is an ever-present ignorance problem, but what can they do, some people actually believe the right-wing propaganda and snakeoil salesmen but that is their right to be ignorant.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:25 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:

You win for the stupidest thread ever. You claim Obama and democrats got us into this mess while conveniently forgetting about the 2 wars that Bush started, the economic collapse that Bush started, the tax cuts and Bail outs that Bush started, the subsidizing of big oil and ethenol that Bush started, and the big spending of our money on senseless programs thta Bush started, ie no child left behind and prescription drug program.

Before you post ignorant threads how about stop reading right-wing partisan sites and learn alittle history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies