Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 03:26 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times

Advertisements

As if they couldn't prove themselves to be even more irrelevant to modern African Americans, the NAACP is racist for assuming that all ghettos are dominated by black people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 03:28 PM

799 posts, read 1,445,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You live in NC and you've "had way more guns pulled on me by white people (8 or 9) than black people (once)?"

Either you're a total loser or you're a liar. Hardly anyone has a gun pulled on them more than once in a lifetime if they don't live a worthless life doing things that most of America would never engage in.

Maybe the app is needed to avoid people and places that people like you frequent.

First off, I probably make more money in a day than you make in a week in a tech related business I own. I own three cars, two houses, land, a commercial property, an extremely large savings, and a decent portfolio.

Fist time I was 11 years old and walking through the woods with a friend carrying a glow stick. The owners of a nearby grow house spotted the glow stick in the woods and decided to warn us that we were trespassing on the land my friend's (the one I was walking with) family owned. We would have argued with them but they had at least four rifles and two car loads of people with high beams shining in our faces. This happened between Mint Hill and Midland.

The second time was at a Taco Bell drive thru in Charlotte across from Eastland Mall. I told my friends that the guy standing at the drive thru was up to something. They didn't believe me until he came up to the car and pulled a gun on us. Luckily, when I yelled GO our driver took off like a bat out of hell.

Third time was in the under ground parking lot at Eastland mall. Dude asked me if I wanted to buy some yeyo and I gave him the evil eye and the finger because I was young and stupid. He pulled the gun just to scare me and drove off in his beat up Honda.

Fourth time was at Myrtle Beach at the Polynesian Resort. Walked into the underground parking lot and up to a drink machine. I pulled out my wallet and realized I didn't have a one dollar bill. I saw a group of black teens in the parking lot but I didn't think they would be a problem because they left in their car as I walked up to the drink machine. One came running back as I made my way back to the room. He got about 10 feet away from me and asked for a cigarette. I said I didn't have one so he said "well give me your wallet". I argued with him and was able to keep my wallet in exchange for my money. He told me "it's nothing personal".

Fifth time was Brunswick County. Me and a few friends were there to enjoy a few days at a friend's beach house. A girl runs across the street in front of our car and we laugh because she has a cigarette in her mouth. Later that night we find out her boyfriend and another friend were looking for us all day. 3 or 4 hours later they followed us out of the neighborhood and to a closed gas station. The boyfriend had a gun and his buddy had the knife from Crocodile Dundee. My friend was revving his engine the whole time the armed men were talking so I could only here them say something about chasing his girlfriend and something about gutting us. We ran from them and lost control. Lucky for us they were in a Corsica and we were in a Mustang.

Sixth time was in Indian Trail after I caught some punks breaking into my cars and my neighbors cars. I ran outside to beat the tar out of them but one was ready for me with a shiny pocket pistol so I ran away. The cops took over 5 minutes to get there but by then the punks were long gone. I couldn't see them very well because they were wearing hoods and the gun grabbed my attention so I can't be totally sure they were white but no black people live in that part of Indian Trail and they were on foot.

Old 01-18-2012, 03:36 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,197,532 times
That is not what the application is called. It'd be funny if this GPS has a siren,
or some hilarious statement warning- Johnny, you are heading towards Garfield Blvd. Please make a U turn at the next stop sign. Immediately! *Siren goes off with sounds of gunfire and police cars*

Old 01-18-2012, 03:38 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,531,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordomo View Post
Saying that high crime areas have anything to do with race sounds racist to me. I've had way more guns pulled on me by white people (8 or 9) than black people (once). The NAACP needs to stop making racist assumptions that areas dominated by black people are the only high crime areas.
How exactly did this happen? Your people skills aren't too good if you've had around 10 guns pulled on you.

Old 01-18-2012, 03:53 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Sheesh...you've had guns pulled on you 10 or 11 times. How does that happen. I've managed to make it thirty something years without this happening.

As for the app, it should stick to giving directions and allow the driver to decide whether or not he/she wants to go through certain areas or not.
I was wondering that, too. 10 times you've had somebody draw down on you? What is your line of work? Cat burglar, maybe?

Old 01-18-2012, 04:02 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordomo View Post
First off, I probably make more money in a day than you make in a week in a tech related business I own. I own three cars, two houses, land, a commercial property, an extremely large savings, and a decent portfolio.

Fist time I was 11 years old and walking through the woods with a friend carrying a glow stick. The owners of a nearby grow house spotted the glow stick in the woods and decided to warn us that we were trespassing on the land my friend's (the one I was walking with) family owned. We would have argued with them but they had at least four rifles and two car loads of people with high beams shining in our faces. This happened between Mint Hill and Midland.

The second time was at a Taco Bell drive thru in Charlotte across from Eastland Mall. I told my friends that the guy standing at the drive thru was up to something. They didn't believe me until he came up to the car and pulled a gun on us. Luckily, when I yelled GO our driver took off like a bat out of hell.

Third time was in the under ground parking lot at Eastland mall. Dude asked me if I wanted to buy some yeyo and I gave him the evil eye and the finger because I was young and stupid. He pulled the gun just to scare me and drove off in his beat up Honda.

Fourth time was at Myrtle Beach at the Polynesian Resort. Walked into the underground parking lot and up to a drink machine. I pulled out my wallet and realized I didn't have a one dollar bill. I saw a group of black teens in the parking lot but I didn't think they would be a problem because they left in their car as I walked up to the drink machine. One came running back as I made my way back to the room. He got about 10 feet away from me and asked for a cigarette. I said I didn't have one so he said "well give me your wallet". I argued with him and was able to keep my wallet in exchange for my money. He told me "it's nothing personal".

Fifth time was Brunswick County. Me and a few friends were there to enjoy a few days at a friend's beach house. A girl runs across the street in front of our car and we laugh because she has a cigarette in her mouth. Later that night we find out her boyfriend and another friend were looking for us all day. 3 or 4 hours later they followed us out of the neighborhood and to a closed gas station. The boyfriend had a gun and his buddy had the knife from Crocodile Dundee. My friend was revving his engine the whole time the armed men were talking so I could only here them say something about chasing his girlfriend and something about gutting us. We ran from them and lost control. Lucky for us they were in a Corsica and we were in a Mustang.

Sixth time was in Indian Trail after I caught some punks breaking into my cars and my neighbors cars. I ran outside to beat the tar out of them but one was ready for me with a shiny pocket pistol so I ran away. The cops took over 5 minutes to get there but by then the punks were long gone. I couldn't see them very well because they were wearing hoods and the gun grabbed my attention so I can't be totally sure they were white but no black people live in that part of Indian Trail and they were on foot.
I'm not going to tit-for-tat with you over wealth. But it's safe to say that you certainly don't know me. But I digress as that's not the point of my posts.

The point of my posts is this: I too am from the great state of North Carolina. I too have walked MANY miles in and around Eastland Mall. Albemarle Road was THE place to be. I too have driven around and cruised MANY miles in and around Myrtle Beach. I too have spent time in Brunswick, Indian Trail, and hundreds of other townships within the Carolinas. This being the 80's/90s/00's/10's.....and I have NEVER had a gun pulled on me.

Either you're lying or you live(d) a life that none of us should aspire to. A person doesn't happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time that many times. Especially when someone like myself can legitimately claim to have also been frequenting the very places you mention during what is most likely the very same time period.

Something stinks. You're not telling the entire story. You can't bullsh*t a bullsh*tter.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:31 PM

799 posts, read 1,445,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'm not going to tit-for-tat with you over wealth. But it's safe to say that you certainly don't know me. But I digress as that's not the point of my posts.

The point of my posts is this: I too am from the great state of North Carolina. I too have walked MANY miles in and around Eastland Mall. Albemarle Road was THE place to be. I too have driven around and cruised MANY miles in and around Myrtle Beach. I too have spent time in Brunswick, Indian Trail, and hundreds of other townships within the Carolinas. This being the 80's/90s/00's/10's.....and I have NEVER had a gun pulled on me.

Either you're lying or you live(d) a life that none of us should aspire to. A person doesn't happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time that many times. Especially when someone like myself can legitimately claim to have also been frequenting the very places you mention during what is most likely the very same time period.

Something stinks. You're not telling the entire story. You can't bullsh*t a bullsh*tter.

And you don't know me either. That is why I why I was offended when you made the comment about "people like me". You attacked me and you don't even know me.

The reason you think I am bullsh*tting is because you have had an easy life. Your refusal to believe that there are people that have had guns pulled on them numerous times clearly makes that obvious. It's also obvious now that you are a "bullsh*tter". Your words, not mine. Criminals are everywhere, even in the Carolinas and some of them carry guns. If you think I'm not telling the truth then you should spend more time in the ghettos and trailer parks. They'll teach you the hard way, that's how I learned to avoid those areas.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:36 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,586,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Let us know where you live. Everyone should avoid that place. I have never had a gun pulled on me.
No doubt. I've only had guns pulled on me 3 times, and two of those three times I was intentionally being foolish with where I was at a given time of night.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:39 PM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Sheesh...you've had guns pulled on you 10 or 11 times. How does that happen. I've managed to make it thirty something years without this happening.

As for the app, it should stick to giving directions and allow the driver to decide whether or not he/she wants to go through certain areas or not.
Why?

Don't we have signs that read ," BUMP AHEAD, CAUTION, RR XING, YIELD AHEAD, etc?

Old 01-18-2012, 05:43 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Evidently advising users to avoid high crime areas is racist.

Microsoft App To Guide Users Away From High-Crime Areas Proves Controversial « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Sounds like the Chris Rock jokes about how all the MLK Aves, Blvds etc. are in the hood.

Who knew there were cultural things to do in high crime areas?
I wasn't aware that only minorities lived in ghettos!

Who are the prejudiced racists again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies