Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does an entertainers political views sway your decision to listen or watch their work
yes 35 25.18%
no 62 44.60%
depends, sometimes 44 31.65%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 05:18 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,334,981 times

Advertisements

No Hollywood? ok bye movies, tv shows, comedians, and music.

I don't care for sports much at all. The only time I watch Football or Baseball is if it is my team playing. other than that, I do not care to see a bunch of guys tackling each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 05:35 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Anyone who is an entertainer and announces their political leanings, regardless of what they may be, is a complete fool and committing professional suicide because they will automatically alienate half their audience.

If I learn of an actor/actress or entertainer's politics and I do not agree with them, I will go out of my way to avoid paying to see them perform in anything. Why would I want to pay them so they can turn around and use my money against me? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:09 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
There are some artists whose work I wouldn't go out and purchase, like Ted Nugent. I would still acknowledge that it has artistic value.

Kelly Clarkson and I both support Ron Paul, but I wouldn't listen to one of her CDs if she paid me.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:46 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Anyone who is an entertainer and announces their political leanings, regardless of what they may be, is a complete fool and committing professional suicide because they will automatically alienate half their audience.

If I learn of an actor/actress or entertainer's politics and I do not agree with them, I will go out of my way to avoid paying to see them perform in anything. Why would I want to pay them so they can turn around and use my money against me? That makes no sense whatsoever.
That might be the most ignorant thing i've heard in a long time.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:30 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That might be the most ignorant thing i've heard in a long time.
You mean since your last post.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:29 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,236 times
Never have, never will.

When I got to the movies, I could care less about the political persuasions and/or leanings of the folks whom I'm about to watch on screen.

I could care less whether they prefer CNN to Fox News, or Chris Matthews to Bill O'Reilly.

And in the words of Forrest Gump, 'That's all I have to say about that!!!!'

Old 02-10-2012, 10:34 PM

779 posts, read 537,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~shepherds View Post
what i find strange is if you google it's all the people on the left that claim this. High times magazine doesn't have the article of the interview any where, so seems like you believe what your told. The hate and lies people like to spread.

ted nugent - wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
in the interview nugent explains that, contrary to the story in high times, he was awarded a 2-s (student) deferment because he was enrolled as a student at oakland community college

he can be crazy, but i don't believe this is what he did and if he did, why are so many military people crazy about him?? I saw one high times interview in 1977 about lsd, he hates drugs and the people that do them.
q.e.d.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:43 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Never have, never will.

When I got to the movies, I could care less about the political persuasions and/or leanings of the folks whom I'm about to watch on screen.

I could care less whether they prefer CNN to Fox News, or Chris Matthews to Bill O'Reilly.

And in the words of Forrest Gump, 'That's all I have to say about that!!!!'
Some actors or actress (which ever) have some insane political philosophy.
Case in point ?? Sean Penn, Jane Fonda & Alex Baldwin. Sean Penn is an avowed communist. Jane Fonda was almost put on trial (and should have
been) for treason. And last but not least. Alex Baldwin. The guy gets in trouble just for looking at a jet liner

All that being said, I still watch 30rock. Sean Penn was good in Mystic River. And Jane
Fonda was, well she helped with.........I give up. Can't say 1 good thing about ole Jane.

Last edited by jjwebbster; 02-11-2012 at 12:31 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-11-2012, 01:05 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,171,441 times
Tom, Steven and Bruce. HollyWEIRD hates them. The NRA and I love them!

LONG RANGE - TOM SELLECK - YouTube

Seagal and Team shooting Belsco POST Target - YouTube

Die Hard Trilogy - YouTube

Old 02-11-2012, 01:09 AM

779 posts, read 537,360 times
Hollywood people should shut-up and quit abusing their position unless they are conservatives and agree with my radical right-wing agenda.

Oh Ronnie, we hardly knew ye!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies