Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 05:21 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,753 times

Advertisements

Separate but equal with Civil Unions instead of Marriage. Gay rights are the current Civil Rights.

Truth Wins Out - Anti-Gay Wingnuts Also Misogynistic, Racist

Marriage and Racism and *****s

Simple Justice: Is Same-Sex the New Racism?

Old 01-14-2012, 06:18 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
A noticeable number are, the more extreme the more likely, though it's more to do with the personalities that are drawn to that view point (also drawn to fundamentalism). Numerous trials over a decade run by a sociologist Robert Altemeyer found that many people, especially the really far gone ones, were drawn to those ideas and built up facts to justify them later from whatever set of beliefs they liked. He has recently provided the book for free on the net, you can find it on Google called "The Authoritarians".

I think a number are not as well, usually from a psychological mechanism called a reaction formation. People who are gay but raised in a household or social area with strong anti-gay sentiment will often go crazy crusading against gays. This is shown by a large number of people who have publicly crusaded against gays coming out as gay later, like Ted Haggard.

There are no legitimate objective claims against gays just being treated like human beings. Just like in the 1800's there was nothing backing up people's racism against anyone they didn't like (blacks, Chinese, Mexicans, Irish, Germans, Polish) but they made up things from the bible (Curse of Ham), or twisted scientific theories to fit their hatred (Social Darwinism).

Old 01-14-2012, 06:25 AM

561 posts, read 505,739 times
I am a heterosexual male.

In my state it is not lawful for me to marry another man. The law applies equally to homosexuals and heterosexuals.

What right is being denied?

Old 01-14-2012, 06:35 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Lol!!

Nice links there OP.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:55 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,876 times
Quote:
California's black and Latino voters, who turned out in droves for Barack Obama, also provided key support in favor of the state's same-sex marriage ban. Seven in 10 black voters backed a successful ballot measure to overturn the California Supreme Court's May decision allowing same-sex marriage, according to exit polls for The Associated Press.
70% of African Americans backed Prop. 8, exit poll finds - latimes.com

Glad to see the OP admits that "racists" are not just white folks.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:58 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
ok ok so if you r against gay marriage u r a racist. fine. but what will u call a gay breadwinner after he he gets taken to the cleaners in divorce court by lil miss gay homemaker. he is guna hate gay marriage too.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:58 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Gay is not a race so how can they be racist ?

Old 01-14-2012, 08:59 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recovering Democrat View Post
I am a heterosexual male.

In my state it is not lawful for me to marry another man. The law applies equally to homosexuals and heterosexuals.

What right is being denied?
The thought is that heterosexual males may marry the mate of their choice. I don't know two straight men who want to get married, for instance.

But since homosexuals are attracted to members of their own sex, then it is against their civil rights to outlaw them from marrying the person that they want.

My view is that marriage isn't something that the state should have anything to do with. A religious marriage should have nothing to do with the state, so if a man marries a man, and its part of their religion, it isn't legal, but neither would a man marrying a woman either.

If couples want to enter into a civil contract where they agree to share all debts, obligations, and assests from that date forward, thats their business. Shouldn't matter what their sex is.

As far as racists being naturally more likely to be against gay marriage would be a logical conclusion.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:07 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The thought is that heterosexual males may marry the mate of their choice. I don't know two straight men who want to get married, for instance.

If couples want to enter into a civil contract where they agree to share all debts, obligations, and assests from that date forward, thats their business. Shouldn't matter what their sex is.
Key words: Civil contract. There are numerous states where gays are allowed to enter into a civil union which affords them the rights of a married couple.

Why are homosexuals so adamant about infringing upon the rights of heterosexuals to retain the origninal premise and boundaries of marriage being between a man and a woman?

Old 01-14-2012, 09:08 AM

232 posts, read 152,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Gay is not a race so how can they be racist ?
Lol...don't try explaining simple things like this to liberals its above them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies